Windows 10: Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out.

Discus and support Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Currently i'm testing 1903 Build 18362.267. When i'm shutting down, restarting or sign out the computer it brings me to the lock screen (equal to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Decust, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Decust Win User

Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out.

Currently i'm testing 1903 Build 18362.267.

When i'm shutting down, restarting or sign out the computer it brings me to the lock screen (equal to pressing Windows icon + L).

When i do this on an account that has to use Ivanti workspace it locks the session while Ivanti is saving the settings.

When i go to a computer that runs on 1803 with Ivanti workspace it just waits for Ivanti to save its settings and then proceeds to Shutdown/restart/sign out.

So far I've tried:

- Disabling the fast start up in the power settings

- Disabling cortana

- Disabling ARSO

It doesn't matter if the laptop is within the domain or not. i still get the same results.

Is there any way to change the sequence of how Shutdown/Restart/Sign out is handled back to what it was in 1803?

Or at least see my programs saving properly before it Shuts down, Restarts or signs out?

:)

Decust, Aug 13, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out. :confused:*Mad Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Aug 13, 2019
  3. little cat, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out. - Similar Threads - Locking going Shutting

2. i need to add lock next to shut down and sign out

in Windows 10 Customization
    i need to add lock next to shut down and sign out: hi, like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-add-lock-next-to-shut-down-and-sign-out/a725aa84-9567-4874-856f-80eae9f307b3
  3. i need to add lock next to shut down and sign out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need to add lock next to shut down and sign out: hi, like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-add-lock-next-to-shut-down-and-sign-out/a725aa84-9567-4874-856f-80eae9f307b3
  4. i need to add lock next to shut down and sign out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC restart when shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC restart when shut down: My PC just started to restart when I press turn off idk why and it’s never happened before it’s just like I press shut down go for a sec and when I back the pc like restarted it’s not happening sec time like when I click turn off again it’s shutting down but the problem is...
  6. Windows 10 signing me out of apps when I shut down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 signing me out of apps when I shut down computer: Recently, everytime I shut my computer down, I am signed out of everything on Google Chrome, none of my passwords are saving. As well as when I turn the computer on, I am signed out of Outlook, and all of my Adobe Creative Cloud Suite apps. No idea what happened or how I can...
  7. Sign Out, Shut Down, Restart doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign Out, Shut Down, Restart doesn't work: Hello, I am here to say that my windows doesn't shut down when i ask it to. Do any of you have a fix for this? Thank you for your time reading this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-out-shut-down-restart-doesnt-work/ae02e2a6-69f4-4a9c-b2b4-31c68bf20463
  8. restarts when shut down

restarts when shut down: I have a problem with shutdown my laptop restarts whenever I shutdown or power off my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restarts-when-shut-down/a2cc7d92-bc0e-4838-85af-70e1ca295558
  9. BSOD on restart and PC shuts down when it's supposed to go to sleep

BSOD on restart and PC shuts down when it's supposed to go to sleep: Hey everyone, I have lately been having a couple of minor problems on my PC: 1) Whenever I try to restart my PC, I encounter the BSOD "System thread exception not handled." I have looked for help online already, but the suggestions of making sure all my device...
  10. Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10: How to: Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10 When apps (tasks) do not end (close) automatically when you are HungAppTimeout) by default before the End...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when shutting down computer signs out

2. displayed locking then shut down. wont restart

3. windows 10 locking the shutting down

4. i have a program called set up which locks my pc while restarting