Windows 10: Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out.

Discus and support Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Currently i'm testing 1903 Build 18362.267. When i'm shutting down, restarting or sign out the computer it brings me to the lock screen (equal to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Decust, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Decust Win User

Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out.

Currently i'm testing 1903 Build 18362.267.

When i'm shutting down, restarting or sign out the computer it brings me to the lock screen (equal to pressing Windows icon + L).

When i do this on an account that has to use Ivanti workspace it locks the session while Ivanti is saving the settings.

When i go to a computer that runs on 1803 with Ivanti workspace it just waits for Ivanti to save its settings and then proceeds to Shutdown/restart/sign out.

So far I've tried:

- Disabling the fast start up in the power settings

- Disabling cortana

- Disabling ARSO

It doesn't matter if the laptop is within the domain or not. i still get the same results.

Is there any way to change the sequence of how Shutdown/Restart/Sign out is handled back to what it was in 1803?

Or at least see my programs saving properly before it Shuts down, Restarts or signs out?

:)

Decust, Aug 13, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out. :confused:*Mad Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Aug 13, 2019
  3. little cat, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Locking when going Shutting down, Restarting or Signing out. - Similar Threads - Locking going Shutting

2. Windows 10 Shut down and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shut down and restart: Shut down and restart not working in Windows 10. Everytime I had to press power button to shut down. Battery drains even after powering off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-and-restart/a8c8a9f1-3591-4bf4-aa54-c2301f899a7e
  3. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): Ok so I'll try to clarify as much as I can. When I ''Shut down'' either I'm holding ''Shift'' or not. It signs out but I can Still hear fan and Power Led is on, even after couple of hours... it can goup to 12... For Shutting it down Completely, I have to hold Power Button...
  4. Restarting / Shutting Down screen no longer being displayed when restarting or shutting...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restarting / Shutting Down screen no longer being displayed when restarting or shutting...: Earlier today I went to restart my desktop and it had an Update then Restart option so there seemed to be an outstanding update to be installed. When the computer started its shutdown process I noticed that I didn't get the installing updates screen. Now when I restart or...
  5. Windows 10 Signs out user when locking the screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Signs out user when locking the screen: Several users have noticed that when they lock their computers, when they come back and unlock them, it's signing the user back in. It seems when the user locks the screen the user also gets signed out of their pc account, when they return to unlock the screen, its like...
  6. Shut down does not sign user out first

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down does not sign user out first: Windows 10 ‘Keeps you signed-in’ test: - (Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1803, Build 17134.523 - Set up as Local Account) Test 1 - Not signed-out: 1. Sign-in as ‘Visitor’ and then ‘Shut down’ without signing out. 2. Switch back on and sign-in as ‘Another User’ then shut down again....
  7. Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down): I have a number of standard window users without passwords. Sometimes when I use the sign-out option, the account is signed out but then automatically signs in again. Usually this only happens once but sometimes it repeats a second time. The accounts are local accounts. Any...
  8. Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Detailed Status Messages at Shut down, Sign out, and Sign in: And..., @Brink, you could also customize the 'legal notice' ones above that! (Of course, you could enter something serious, but, I do stupid things when bored!) *Wink [img] [img] 100262
  9. Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On AutoEndTasks at Restart, Shut down, or Sign out of Windows 10: As I remember there is a location in the registry to decrease the time Windows waits for a not responding App/Task to close before Windows forces it to stop. Could someone remind me where it is? Or is there a Tutorial for that? 97821
  10. grey screen when restarting or shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    grey screen when restarting or shutting down: I noticed after I downloaded the most recent updates and I disabled the Windows background on the sign-in screen I now have a dull grey screen when shutting down or restarting does anyone else have this? When it says restarting or shutting down or when I'm signing in the...