Windows 10: Windows 10 locks up after it randomly zooms

Discus and support Windows 10 locks up after it randomly zooms in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer locks at random times (usually daily) soon after the icons on the desktop zoom approximately 200%. A hard restart is required as Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by basschamp, Aug 17, 2016.

1. basschamp Win User

Windows 10 locks up after it randomly zooms

My computer locks at random times (usually daily) soon after the icons on the desktop zoom approximately 200%. A hard restart is required as Windows 10 becomes totally unresponsive. The restart seems to resolve things (at least for a few more hours of use. This has been happening for months.

:)

basschamp, Aug 17, 2016

2. Random ZooP

How do I stop my mouse movements (touchpad) from randomly zooming in or zooming out using Windows 10 Pro?

Edmund F Speck, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Little.star, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Anibor Win User

I had a very similar problem recently, in a Lenovo ThinkCentre (desktop), after a clean install of v. 1607. The problem occurred twice in several hours. In my case, it persisted after a hard reset (or several). In both cases I “solved” it by restoring backup images.

I had done a clean install to switch to UEFI. Operating in legacy mode and with Windows 10 installed over 7, the computer works perfectly. The boot is faster, no lock screen in sight.

After the clean install, I kept the Intel graphics driver that Windows installed, didn´t install the Lenovo driver, which is an earlier version. Maybe this was related to the freeze and zooming problem.

Anibor, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 locks up after it randomly zooms - Similar Threads - locks randomly zooms

2. Lock screen zoom

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen zoom: OK so When I change my home screen on the computer there are many options on how to frame it but... you cant do that for the lock screen! So I don't know what to do. all it does is zoom in and its really annoying!! HELP...
  3. zoom changes randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    zoom changes randomly: zoom changes randomly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-changes-randomly/40649bc2-4eaa-49ed-a518-81e18b9f0d5c
  4. random lock screen after turning on windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Support
    random lock screen after turning on windows 10 home: This happens every day when I turn on my windows 10 home edition, I log in but after a few seconds I get a lock screen and have to enter my pin but it is not really a big problem. It is just annoying. 121879
  5. PC locks up randomly (No BSOD)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC locks up randomly (No BSOD): Not sure if my title is too vague, but here is my issue. Recently built a new PC, running Win 10 pro. Had issue with graphics card and removed to RMA it. Got new CPU to utilize integrated graphics ports. Every once in a while (about once or twice a week) PC will lock-up,...
  6. Computer random lock ups after fall update

Computer random lock ups after fall update: I've checked the event log and it doesn't tell me enough. Here are the errors from the last crash: Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 11/6/2017 9:45:35 AMEvent ID: 41Task Category: (63)Level: CriticalKeywords: (70368744177664),(2)User:...
  7. PC Randomly locks up and freezes

PC Randomly locks up and freezes: Hey guys, first off I hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year... So since the update for windows that's recently dropped, I keep having random crashes, well more of a freeze, I can still see everything on the screen but nothing will respond I have to power my system...
  8. Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.: Just got a new laptop from Xtoic PC, The Model is a MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G-219, I received a defective adapter , it died in 1 day of use, so I had to purchase new one from AMAZON the brand of the adapter was HP and has the same watts and amps, I used it on the laptop,...
  9. System lock ups randomly.

in Windows 10 Support
    System lock ups randomly.: Ok, I have done everything I know how to do and am completely at a loss now. My pc consist of the following parts: CPU:6700k GPU: EVGA 980 TI SC. MB Asus Z170PRO RAM 16gb DDR4 SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro 512 - WD Black Edition 2TB. Temps on the pc are amazing they idle...
  10. Windows 10 PC locking up at random times

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 PC locking up at random times: I'm not sure why my PC is locking up,when it does,there is no sound, I have to hit my reset button..Let me know what I need to post to fix this 89835