Windows 10: Windows 10 locks up after it randomly zooms

Discus and support Windows 10 locks up after it randomly zooms in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer locks at random times (usually daily) soon after the icons on the desktop zoom approximately 200%. A hard restart is required as Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by basschamp, Aug 17, 2016.

1. basschamp Win User

Windows 10 locks up after it randomly zooms

My computer locks at random times (usually daily) soon after the icons on the desktop zoom approximately 200%. A hard restart is required as Windows 10 becomes totally unresponsive. The restart seems to resolve things (at least for a few more hours of use. This has been happening for months.

:)

basschamp, Aug 17, 2016

2. Random ZooP

How do I stop my mouse movements (touchpad) from randomly zooming in or zooming out using Windows 10 Pro?

Edmund F Speck, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Little.star, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Anibor Win User

I had a very similar problem recently, in a Lenovo ThinkCentre (desktop), after a clean install of v. 1607. The problem occurred twice in several hours. In my case, it persisted after a hard reset (or several). In both cases I “solved” it by restoring backup images.

I had done a clean install to switch to UEFI. Operating in legacy mode and with Windows 10 installed over 7, the computer works perfectly. The boot is faster, no lock screen in sight.

After the clean install, I kept the Intel graphics driver that Windows installed, didn´t install the Lenovo driver, which is an earlier version. Maybe this was related to the freeze and zooming problem.

Anibor, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 locks up after it randomly zooms - Similar Threads - locks randomly zooms

2. Computer Randomly "Locking Up" After Hours of "Runtime"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Randomly "Locking Up" After Hours of "Runtime": Hey there everyone! This is my first post here, but I'm battling an issue I can't seem to track down.I just purchased a Lenovo IdeaCentre 5i with the following specs:Intel Core i3 10100 8 Core @3.6GHz8GB DDR4 Memory @2667MHz512GB SSDIntel HD Onboard GraphicsWindows 10 Pro...
  3. Computer Randomly "Locking Up" After Hours of "Runtime"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Randomly "Locking Up" After Hours of "Runtime": Hey there everyone! This is my first post here, but I'm battling an issue I can't seem to track down.I just purchased a Lenovo IdeaCentre 5i with the following specs:Intel Core i3 10100 8 Core @3.6GHz8GB DDR4 Memory @2667MHz512GB SSDIntel HD Onboard GraphicsWindows 10 Pro...
  4. Windows kinda locks up randomly

Windows kinda locks up randomly: Hello, Since a few days my OS keeps freezing at random points. I can still use the mouse and do some things, but I can't access the Taskbar. Windows key doesn't work, but alt+tab does. Task manager does show up after some time, but I can't interact with it until it crashes...
  5. Windows 10 randomly locks up

Windows 10 randomly locks up: Hi, I have a Windows 10 problem. My PC is randomly locking up. Sometimes while using and sometimes while I am away. I have to power cycle to get it back. There are no responses to the mouse or keyboard. I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue, and only have the...
  6. Windows randomly freezing and locking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezing and locking up: Hi, Recently my windows has started to randomly freeze and lock up. My browser will no longer be able to access the internet or search anything, file explorer will stop responding and any active applications open will also stop responding. I am able to access the start menu...
  7. Windows 10 randomly zooming in and out

Windows 10 randomly zooming in and out: Yesterday, as I was using Google Docs, my browser began to periodically zoom in and out for a few seconds before stopping. I chalked it up to an issue with Chrome, but it began happening with Discord as well. Using the OSK reveals that no keys are stuck. I reinstalled my...
  8. windows 10 locking up randomly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 locking up randomly: soo everytime i run my laptop after a serveal minuites the windows turn in sleep mode surprisingly and also this happens randomly and i don't know why and i literally didn't have any solution for this problem but i don't know exactly if the laptop sleeps or locks up cause...
  9. Windows 10 randomly locks up

Windows 10 randomly locks up: Hi, I have a Windows 10 problem. My PC is randomly locking up. Sometimes while using and sometimes while I am away. I have to power cycle to get it back. There is no responses to mouse or keyboard. I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue, and only have the event...
  10. Windows 10 PC locking up at random times

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 PC locking up at random times: I'm not sure why my PC is locking up,when it does,there is no sound, I have to hit my reset button..Let me know what I need to post to fix this 89835