Windows 10: Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game

Discus and support Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Evening, I was playing a game tonight when my computer locked up and restarted itself i have a i7-7700k a gtx 1080ti 32gb ddr4 I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SimonNo1, Jul 12, 2019 at 3:32 PM.

1. SimonNo1 Win User

Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game

Good Evening,

I was playing a game tonight when my computer locked up and restarted itself

i have a i7-7700k a gtx 1080ti 32gb ddr4

I was playing assassing creed Odyssey when this happened i have just recently put a overclock on my CPU of 4.9GHZ at 1.33v

and it was working stable for the past 2 days

I have provided my mini dump file below, if someone one could help that would be amazing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iNtAUHcExb-n7s2QSwVIKxSdooEYQ9z0

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Jul 12, 2019 at 3:34 PM
  4. Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game

Xbox Play anywhere games

Hi David,

There are many possible reasons why Gears of War 4 randomly crashes when playing. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 4: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Thema:

Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game

1. Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game - Similar Threads - locks resets playing

2. PC lock up, while playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC lock up, while playing games.: Hello. New PC build in February and have been having random crashes only while games are running, I can not recreate the situation, crashes are sometimes days apart and other times I will get several in the same day. The crash is, PC will lock up completely as if a...
  3. Steam locking up when adding Game keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam locking up when adding Game keys: So I have had this issue for months now and have not been able to resolve this at all. Whenever I add steam keys from humble bundle (or any other outfit) once the key has been added and attempts to go to the install/directory select point steam will completely lock up for up...
  4. Steam locking up when adding Game keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Steam locking up when adding Game keys: So I have had this issue for months now and have not been able to resolve this at all. Whenever I add steam keys from humble bundle (or any other outfit) once the key has been added and attempts to go to the install/directory select point steam will completely lock up for up...
  5. No audio when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio when playing games: I have a problem where everytime i play games, no sound was coming. but the sound is alright for movie and music other than in games. i have updated the audio driver and windows, i have launched the troubleshooter too but still no audio when in game. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. BSOD When Playing Game

BSOD When Playing Game: Hi Everyone I have been having BSOD problems when i play game that used alot of graphic such as Dota 2 , Overwatch etc. The BSOD that i getting is Internal_Video_Scheduler_Error , Video_Tdr_Error and sometimes the graphic driver has been stopped and successfully recovered...
  7. BSOD when playing games

BSOD when playing games: Hi, I keep having the blue screen when I'm gaming and its says something like etd.sys or whatever it is. Hope that I can get some help from here. 91885
  8. Windows 10 Crashes When Playing games

Windows 10 Crashes When Playing games: About 6 months or so ago i started having blue screens after months of trying to find out what was wrong i reinstalled windows and installed minimal programs unfortunately i neglected to save the old dumps so these are the only new ones i have I'm trying to make more for more...
  9. Computer locking up when playing games/stressed

Computer locking up when playing games/stressed: Attachment 40442 My computer has been locking up recently. It seems fine until I start to put strain onto the system. This is usually done by me playing games. At first I thought it was heat and noticed my processor getting up there in temp. I went out and bought a new case...
  10. Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games: I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as followed instructions from other...