Windows 10: Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game

Discus and support Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Evening, I was playing a game tonight when my computer locked up and restarted itself i have a i7-7700k a gtx 1080ti 32gb ddr4 I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SimonNo1, Jul 12, 2019.

1. SimonNo1 Win User

Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game

Good Evening,

I was playing a game tonight when my computer locked up and restarted itself

i have a i7-7700k a gtx 1080ti 32gb ddr4

I was playing assassing creed Odyssey when this happened i have just recently put a overclock on my CPU of 4.9GHZ at 1.33v

and it was working stable for the past 2 days

I have provided my mini dump file below, if someone one could help that would be amazing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iNtAUHcExb-n7s2QSwVIKxSdooEYQ9z0

:)

SimonNo1, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game

Xbox Play anywhere games

Hi David,

There are many possible reasons why Gears of War 4 randomly crashes when playing. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 4: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game

1. Windows 10 locks up and resets when playing a game - Similar Threads - locks resets playing

2. Laptop keeps locking when playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps locking when playing a game.: Every time i try to play a game with my laptop and an external monitor my computer keeps locking and going into sleep mode, I have my display settings to only show on my external monitor and It only locks when playing a demanding game. My graphic drivers are up to date.NVIDIA...
  3. Laptop keeps locking when playing a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps locking when playing a game.: Every time i try to play a game with my laptop and an external monitor my computer keeps locking and going into sleep mode, I have my display settings to only show on my external monitor and It only locks when playing a demanding game. My graphic drivers are up to date.NVIDIA...
  4. PC locks up when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC locks up when playing games: HelloI recently got a brand new PC and for the past month I've had an issue where any game I play can randomly slow down over the space of a second or two and then crash. The screen will freeze and I'll be unable to tab out to other windows, I will be able to see those...
  5. PC locks up when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC locks up when playing games: HelloI recently got a brand new PC and for the past month I've had an issue where any game I play can randomly slow down over the space of a second or two and then crash. The screen will freeze and I'll be unable to tab out to other windows, I will be able to see those...
  6. PC locks up when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows 10 locks up automatically while playing games

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 locks up automatically while playing games: hello, When i was playing games on my laptop after few minutes the laptop suddenly starts 'locking' with blue background window, then i would have to turn the laptop on, this issue started happening after i did a reset for windows 10 pro, this happens only while my laptop is...
  8. CPU locks up when playing a media file Windows 10

CPU locks up when playing a media file Windows 10: My problem is that my performance statesp-states of my cpu gets locked up in p2 states whenever 1. playing a media through windows 10 media player other media programs do not have any effects on clock speed 2. playing a video on youtube 3. going into settings related to...
  9. PC lock up, while playing games.

PC lock up, while playing games.: Hello. New PC build in February and have been having random crashes only while games are running, I can not recreate the situation, crashes are sometimes days apart and other times I will get several in the same day. The crash is, PC will lock up completely as if a...
  10. Computer locking up when playing games/stressed

Computer locking up when playing games/stressed: Attachment 40442 My computer has been locking up recently. It seems fine until I start to put strain onto the system. This is usually done by me playing games. At first I thought it was heat and noticed my processor getting up there in temp. I went out and bought a new case...