Windows 10: Windows 10 locks up

Discus and support Windows 10 locks up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a copy of Windows 10 Pro. Currently, I can't actually use it, because the system will boot, and ~5 minutes after login, the entire system locks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JácquêlineLewis, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 locks up

I have a copy of Windows 10 Pro. Currently, I can't actually use it, because the system will boot, and ~5 minutes after login, the entire system locks up. Any disk activity that was currently happening stops immediately. The system doesn’t reboot or shut down. It simply holds whatever was currently on the screen. After a while, the keyboard will turn off as well. I allowed the system to sit overnight in this state, and it stayed the same. I'm not sure what could have caused this as it hadn't done this before and I had Windows installed for roughly a month. I have added no new hardware to the system as well. I ran a deep disk scan and a memory scan already as well (those provided by the UEFI). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jackie

***moved on english forum****

:)

JácquêlineLewis, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 locks up

Delta6326, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 locks up

1. Windows 10 locks up - Similar Threads - locks

2. I accidently locked my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidently locked my PC: yesterday, i accidently my pc. it said I need to call other admin to unlock it but how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-locked-my-pc/01ff4dba-e299-4151-ab7d-e2942451cd01"
  3. CAPS LOCK

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAPS LOCK: CAPSLOCK STUCK ON EVEN WHEN KEY SAYS IT IS DISABLED WHEN IN WORD DOCUMENT Able to use normal small case otherwise so not my key board. Any ideas? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock/243a3c52-5759-4e85-ae6a-086683d94bec
  4. Why does my computer shut down as well as locking screen/sleep when ever it feels like it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my computer shut down as well as locking screen/sleep when ever it feels like it?: My computer is shuting down and going into sleep mode when ever it wants to, and my Microsoft Edge does not respond? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-shut-down-as-well-as-locking/d4a6343c-3130-46f4-b235-52c734685f4b
  5. Caps lock after resume

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Caps lock after resume: I have recently updated to the lastest Windows 10 version 10.0.17763.316 and have found that whenever my machine resumes from sleep, Caps Lock comes on. This is really irratating me....
  6. cannot load micro software locked out by Mccafe and mccafe will not uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot load micro software locked out by Mccafe and mccafe will not uninstall: this is proving to be the worst I`ve ever had with windows and MicrosoftGet rid of windows cannot get to do anything as security will not allow and this is security that I do not want What can I do other than...
  7. On screen PIN Pad on lock screen

On screen PIN Pad on lock screen: I have always used a pin to log in to my PC. As of recently, the on-screen PIN pad has started popping up automatically on the lock screen when I wake my pc from sleep. Is there a way to disable the on-screen PIN pad on the lock screen?...
  8. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  9. Getting the orginal lock screen back.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Getting the orginal lock screen back.: I like the lock screen that has constantly changing pictures from all kinds of places. How can I get back to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-the-orginal-lock-screen-back/d3cc55ea-5628-4a78-8040-b3e3e74a4f6f
  10. Screen lock out too often even as i am working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen lock out too often even as i am working: My screen gets locked more often even as I am working on the laptop. I set my laptop Power & Sleep to never, and it still gets auto locked within seconds or sometimes randomly. I thought it was a virus and bought AVG. Now, AVG scans and says performance issues, and asks...