Windows 10: Windows 10 locks up

Discus and support Windows 10 locks up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a copy of Windows 10 Pro. Currently, I can't actually use it, because the system will boot, and ~5 minutes after login, the entire system locks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JácquêlineLewis, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 locks up

I have a copy of Windows 10 Pro. Currently, I can't actually use it, because the system will boot, and ~5 minutes after login, the entire system locks up. Any disk activity that was currently happening stops immediately. The system doesn’t reboot or shut down. It simply holds whatever was currently on the screen. After a while, the keyboard will turn off as well. I allowed the system to sit overnight in this state, and it stayed the same. I'm not sure what could have caused this as it hadn't done this before and I had Windows installed for roughly a month. I have added no new hardware to the system as well. I ran a deep disk scan and a memory scan already as well (those provided by the UEFI). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jackie

***moved on english forum****

:)

JácquêlineLewis, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 locks up

Delta6326, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 locks up

1. Windows 10 locks up - Similar Threads - locks

2. stolen computer and locking out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stolen computer and locking out: If a computer with the latest update of Windows 10 is stolen, how safe is the information on it if, the computer a. requires a pin code to open? b.Microsoft account password is changed after the event? Does 'b' prevent Windows from opening? Also, what happens if I remove...
  3. Windows lock screen: spotlight not working and appears grey on preview, can't pick a new...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows lock screen: spotlight not working and appears grey on preview, can't pick a new...: Hello I am super frustrated. I've been working on this since yesterday morning and still no solution. I noticed by spotlight was displaying the same picture for a while. So I went to check and noticed an error in my lockscreen option. I couldn't select any of the default...
  4. Grey (Ghost) Screen Lock-Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey (Ghost) Screen Lock-Out: For no reason and in any screen; browser, Office Products, email, etc. my computer will suddenly lock-up, have a gray (ghost) screen with a cross that looks like it is composed of 2 jelly beans. I cannot get out of this screen even when I Ctl+Alt-delete to try and get to...
  5. Locked out of my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my account: I accidently delete my adminstrator account while trying to replace it and i restart my pc now it is asking for a password but not accepting any of my passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-my-account/9992b0ab-7e95-4cab-a851-9f6d5fbf2a7d"
  6. lock screen issue

lock screen issue: I just had the support tech hang up on me. He wanted me to pay for level 2 support when all I wanted was to ask a question. Is this normal for Microsoft? My question: I don't have an option for "NONE" on the lock screen. I don't want any picture. Any suggestions on how to...
  7. Lock/Unlock Taskbar Not Working

Lock/Unlock Taskbar Not Working: Recently, I noticed that my taskbar has not been working the same. Firstly, if I fullscreen an app, the task bar at the bottom will still overlap the app itself, despite being unlocked. Previously, it automatically disappeared unless I moved my cursor to the bottom, then it...
  8. locked out of account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of account: I have an old asus eslate tablet where i cant remember that password to. Is there a way i can log back into it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-account/5a837ec6-0d93-4b33-a656-3e2e98a2213f
  9. Media player problems, the cancel burn option seems locked in?

Media player problems, the cancel burn option seems locked in?: I'm trying to burn 9 tracks from a playlist ( my own wavs, not commercial) to a CDR. Each time the Media Player selects different tracks to say ERROR and won't burn them, wasting a CDR . (They all play out properly)The next time this happened, I clicked 'cancel burn' and now...
  10. media centre screen has frozen and has locked mouse out due to frozen pop up

media centre screen has frozen and has locked mouse out due to frozen pop up: Background. I use Windows Media Centre to record my TV shows and watch them later. when turn on my system, the list of my recording is up. For years, I need to clear a regular pop up as the system thinks it has not had a clear Chanel signal and may not have recorded the...