Windows 10: Windows 10 locks when "l" key is pressed

Discus and support Windows 10 locks when "l" key is pressed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 locks when "l" key is pressed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Barry Frech, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 locks when "l" key is pressed

Windows 10 locks when "l" key is pressed

:)

Barry Frech, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 5, 2019
  3. flyxtop Win User
    how to lock screen instantly without pressing Window-L keyboard?

Hi, I sometimes connect to my Windows 10 PC at my work place from home.
    When I was using Windows-7(work place PC), I was able to select the menu button (lower-left) and select 'Lock Screen' menu from the shutdown sub-menu. I recently received a new desktop PC which is Windows-10, but I found Windowns 10 doesn't have such 'lock-screen' menu that I can choose with my mouse. So the only way I can lock the screen is using Window-L button which is ok when I'm at work. But when I'm remotely logged in from my home, if I press Window-L keys, my home notebook is screen locked, not my work place Desktop.
    How do I solve this? many thanks in advance.

flyxtop, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 locks when "l" key is pressed

2nd external screen on Dell Latitude E7450 goes off when locking pressing Windows key and L

Hi Dave,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Power troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search
      box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

I would suggest you try changing the power plans and see if it helps. To select the power plans:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Change the settings as per your requirement.

Try to set the computer not to sleep and hibernate and see it works.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 locks when "l" key is pressed

1. Windows 10 locks when "l" key is pressed - Similar Threads - locks key pressed

2. When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...: Keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-o-button-on-the-keyboard-the/10107ed3-92ab-4bc1-8eb4-f3a06f3d7349
  3. When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...: Keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-o-button-on-the-keyboard-the/10107ed3-92ab-4bc1-8eb4-f3a06f3d7349
  4. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?: Wanted to use my PC today and my buttons literally swapped for no bloody reason. The system recognizes the Windows Key as L-Alt and vice versa. How the hell does this even happen? My keyboard worked perfectly fine yesterday. I’m in desperate need of help!...
  5. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?: Wanted to use my PC today and my buttons literally swapped for no bloody reason. The system recognizes the Windows Key as L-Alt and vice versa. How the hell does this even happen? My keyboard worked perfectly fine yesterday. I’m in desperate need of help!...
  6. Windows Key is L-Alt Key and L-Alt Key is Windows Key. How?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows Key+L does not work in order to lock the machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key+L does not work in order to lock the machine: Windows Key+L does not work in order to lock the machine after upgrading to Windows 11 Have tried modifying the registry , but does not work,Pls HelprgdsDeepankar...
  8. Windows Key+L does not work in order to lock the machine

Windows Key+L does not work in order to lock the machine: Windows Key+L does not work in order to lock the machine after upgrading to Windows 11 Have tried modifying the registry , but does not work,Pls HelprgdsDeepankar...
  9. how to lock screen instantly without pressing Window-L keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to lock screen instantly without pressing Window-L keyboard?: Hi, I sometimes connect to my Windows 10 PC at my work place from home. When I was using Windows-7(work place PC), I was able to select the menu button (lower-left) and select 'Lock Screen' menu from the shutdown sub-menu. I recently received a new desktop PC which is...
  10. Tones When Pressing Keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Tones When Pressing Keys: Intermittently, when I press some keys on the keyboard, I would hear a triple-tone from Windows 10. Nothing would happen, but the three tones have progressively lower pitch, immediately followed by a four-tone signal, which have progressively higher pitch. This is the same...