Windows 10: Windows 10 Lockscreen is just.. black..

Discus and support Windows 10 Lockscreen is just.. black.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since a day I have the following scenario: When I lock the screen, a black screen comes up.. and after about 10 - 15 seconds the login screen comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Malachi, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Malachi Win User

Windows 10 Lockscreen is just.. black..

Since a day I have the following scenario:
    When I lock the screen, a black screen comes up.. and after about 10 - 15 seconds the login screen comes back up.
    I tried to switch to background image instead of the Windows Spotlight, but that didn't make a difference at all.
    Clicking or typing (when the black screen is on) doesn't help anything to get to the login screen either... *Huh

Anyone any idea what I can do to solve this -strange- issue?

(I know it's vague.. but that's all I have for now... The only thing different from yesterday is that I installed an old game (1999) with windows 98/me compability (the installer.. that's it).. but I doubt if that would have consequences for the lockscreen..)

:)

Malachi, Feb 18, 2016

2. Lock screen settings won't change, no error message.

Thank you for the detailed response zdzdz, I'm glad it worked for you.

I tried the steps you listed and it didn't fix it for me. It did remove all my existing lockscreen images, so now I just have a black screen as the lockscreen. I can't even change this black lockscreen back to the picture slideshow now. Gaaahh Windows.

nzcanadian, Feb 18, 2016
  3. dammyii Win User
    Lumia 535 blanc start screen background

My lockscreen is also affected, not showing any images but just showing a black screen with no images.

dammyii, Feb 18, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Lockscreen is just.. black..

1. Windows 10 Lockscreen is just.. black.. - Similar Threads - Lockscreen black

2. Lockscreen bug that uses music art as lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen bug that uses music art as lockscreen: My lockscreen keeps on using album art from my music files as my lockscreen which i never set.Even when i set my own picture in lockscreen, it somehow reverts back to a new album art when restarted, same goes when choosing window spotlight. It gets annoying....
  3. Windows 10 Photo App - move Album to Lockscreen screensaver

Windows 10 Photo App - move Album to Lockscreen screensaver: I have created an Album in the Photos app on the W10 taskbar . It does not appear in any download file. So I cannot find it to add it to the W10 Lockscreen Screensaver. How can I fix that problem, please ?...
  4. Lockscreen Screen Saver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen Screen Saver: 1) Is there a One Click Exit ? Screen saver kicks in. When I get back , to return to my browsers screen I have to click CTRL + ALT + DEL. is there a one click exit ? 2) Is there a setting to show photos the correct way up ? My photos are ok on the photos file, but...
  5. lockscreen

lockscreen: cant change lockscreen picture.. it says ˝˝some settings are hidden or managed by your company or institution˝˝ how to and where to change that?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen/e97769c6-8cc9-452c-83de-c3c59074c6b6
  6. How to get Magnifying glass icon on Lockscreen?

How to get Magnifying glass icon on Lockscreen?: How do I get the magnetifying glass symbol that provides a like to tell me information about the lock screen picture? ***Modified title from: lock scree***...
  7. Windows 10 Frozen on Lockscreen without Password Bar

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Frozen on Lockscreen without Password Bar: Hello! My Windows 10 computer is stuck on the homescreen. If I were able to enter safe mode or restart it then I wouldnt be posting here; but I do not even have the option to do so. The password bar does mot appear, niether does my profile icon, the connection status, the...
  8. Windows 10 stuck at lockscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck at lockscreen: Hey so today i turned on my laptop ( which i used earlier) but when i turned it on it shows the date and time and then when i click it it shows my wallpaper and then its stuck there i tried searching everywhere nothing seems to help i just watched youtube vids earlier and...
  9. Blank Lockscreen win10

Blank Lockscreen win10: My pc is just showing blue blank screen on the lockscreen like this:[ATTACH] And when im trying to change the picture I just got some infinity loading like this: [ATTACH]any solution? thank you...
  10. Minor Bug Lockscreen has black screen for a few secs after resume

in Windows 10 Support
    Minor Bug Lockscreen has black screen for a few secs after resume: Okay so I have noticed since I have disabled Hybrid Sleep, or it also possible with the Creators update that after I resume from sleep the lock screen will be black for a few secs then it will show my background picture. Now I don't use a custom lock screen but one of the...