Windows 10: Windows 10 Lockscreen is just.. black..

Discus and support Windows 10 Lockscreen is just.. black.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since a day I have the following scenario: When I lock the screen, a black screen comes up.. and after about 10 - 15 seconds the login screen comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Malachi, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Malachi Win User

Windows 10 Lockscreen is just.. black..

Since a day I have the following scenario:
    When I lock the screen, a black screen comes up.. and after about 10 - 15 seconds the login screen comes back up.
    I tried to switch to background image instead of the Windows Spotlight, but that didn't make a difference at all.
    Clicking or typing (when the black screen is on) doesn't help anything to get to the login screen either... *Huh

Anyone any idea what I can do to solve this -strange- issue?

(I know it's vague.. but that's all I have for now... The only thing different from yesterday is that I installed an old game (1999) with windows 98/me compability (the installer.. that's it).. but I doubt if that would have consequences for the lockscreen..)

:)

Malachi, Feb 18, 2016

2. Lock screen settings won't change, no error message.

Thank you for the detailed response zdzdz, I'm glad it worked for you.

I tried the steps you listed and it didn't fix it for me. It did remove all my existing lockscreen images, so now I just have a black screen as the lockscreen. I can't even change this black lockscreen back to the picture slideshow now. Gaaahh Windows.

nzcanadian, Feb 18, 2016
  3. dammyii Win User
    Lumia 535 blanc start screen background

My lockscreen is also affected, not showing any images but just showing a black screen with no images.

dammyii, Feb 18, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Lockscreen is just.. black..

1. Windows 10 Lockscreen is just.. black.. - Similar Threads - Lockscreen black

2. Lockscreen background remains black despite attempts to use Windows spotlight/customised...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen background remains black despite attempts to use Windows spotlight/customised...: I followed instructions to delete my lockscreen wallpaper history in the following manner: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData, and I changed the ownership of the folder 'SystemData‘ in this process. However, after I successfully deleted the wallpaper history, my...
  3. Lockscreen background remains black despite attempts to use Windows spotlight/customised...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockscreen background remains black despite attempts to use Windows spotlight/customised...: I followed instructions to delete my lockscreen wallpaper history in the following manner: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData, and I changed the ownership of the folder 'SystemData‘ in this process. However, after I successfully deleted the wallpaper history, my...
  4. Lockscreen remains black despite attempts to use spotlight/pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen remains black despite attempts to use spotlight/pictures: I followed instructions to delete my lockscreen wallpaper history in the following manner: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\S-1-5-21-2697292062-1697831466-4238578891-1001, and I changed the ownership of the folder 'SystemData‘ in this process. However, after I...
  5. Lockscreen remains black despite attempts to use spotlight/pictures

Lockscreen remains black despite attempts to use spotlight/pictures: I followed instructions to delete my lockscreen wallpaper history in the following manner: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\S-1-5-21-2697292062-1697831466-4238578891-1001, and I changed the ownership of the folder 'SystemData‘ in this process. However, after I...
  6. when i turn on sleep mode on my laptop it shows lockscreen wallpaper rather than black...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i turn on sleep mode on my laptop it shows lockscreen wallpaper rather than black...: when i turn on sleep mode on my laptop it shows lockscreen wallpaper rather than black screen. how to rectify?*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-sleep-mode-on-my-laptop-it-shows/528ec628-0eeb-4165-b59a-ac7f9aa8b25e
  7. when i turn on sleep mode on my laptop it shows lockscreen wallpaper rather than black...

when i turn on sleep mode on my laptop it shows lockscreen wallpaper rather than black...: when i turn on sleep mode on my laptop it shows lockscreen wallpaper rather than black screen. how to rectify?*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-sleep-mode-on-my-laptop-it-shows/528ec628-0eeb-4165-b59a-ac7f9aa8b25e
  8. when i turn on sleep mode on my laptop it shows lockscreen wallpaper rather than black...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Black Lockscreen - possible to have it just display same background as laptop but without...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Lockscreen - possible to have it just display same background as laptop but without...: Hi - I've recently switched to a thinkpad and have an LG monitor connected as my 2nd screen. When I lock my laptop (windows +L), the LG screen goes black while my thinkpad screen displays the login page. Is there a way for the LG screen to have the same background as the one...
  10. My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill

in Windows 10 Customization
    My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill: My lock screen changes to default by itself after I restart my laptop. A similar thing has started happening now with wallpaper also. Even after setting wallpaper to an image, it reverts back to black solid fill by itself. I cannot figure out what is the problem. Kindly help...