Windows 10: Windows 10 Lockscreen photo changed to one of Microsofts unattractive generic shots instead...

Discus and support Windows 10 Lockscreen photo changed to one of Microsofts unattractive generic shots instead... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Thanks, I realise that I am here pointing out the obvious but since the latest update it appears that in a job securing attempt someone has broken the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AngeloCamillos, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Lockscreen photo changed to one of Microsofts unattractive generic shots instead...

Thanks, I realise that I am here pointing out the obvious but since the latest update it appears that in a job securing attempt someone has broken the possibility of changing the lockscreen picture from generic shots to your own if you desire.

I had a one of photo of my farm in a storm situation and Microsoft has changed it, it appears forever, to generic ****.

All attempts to change it back are failing, even though I choose my photo in the settings and it appears in the preview screen I get generic on startup.

If I switch users I can get my photo for that one event.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

Many thanks.

:)

AngeloCamillos, Jun 10, 2020

2. Windows Lockscreen Photos

Subject: Windows Lockscreen Photos

I am running Windows 10 Professional version 1803.
    Normally I saw beautiful changing landscape photos on the screen when opening the notebook.
    About 3-4 weeks ago these stopped and I just have the standard fixed lockscreen now.
    I tried to change settings/personalization/lockscreen without solution.
    How to get the changing lockscreen photos back?

Suggestion appreciated,
    Jorgen Staal

JorgenStaal, Jun 10, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Lockscreen photo changed to one of Microsofts unattractive generic shots instead...

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Lockscreen photo changed to one of Microsofts unattractive generic shots instead...

1. Windows 10 Lockscreen photo changed to one of Microsofts unattractive generic shots instead... - Similar Threads - Lockscreen photo changed

2. Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?: hello,I have been facing this weird issue with every laptop I sign in to that has Windows 10.basically, you do know how windows syncs the same wallpapers on your newly added devicewell, in my case, it was working fine until one day my lock screen got stuck on a default lock...
  3. Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?: hello,I have been facing this weird issue with every laptop I sign in to that has Windows 10.basically, you do know how windows syncs the same wallpapers on your newly added devicewell, in my case, it was working fine until one day my lock screen got stuck on a default lock...
  4. Window 10 Lockscreen not changing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window 10 Lockscreen not changing: I accidentally pressed my lockscreen to Window Spotlight once, and now everytime I opened my pc it shows the lockscreen to Window Spotlight's picture instead of picture I have selected....
  5. Window 10 Lockscreen not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Lockscreen not changing: I accidentally pressed my lockscreen to Window Spotlight once, and now everytime I opened my pc it shows the lockscreen to Window Spotlight's picture instead of picture I have selected....
  6. Window 10 Lockscreen not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Lockscreen photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen photo: I can't change my lock screen photo and I only have my personal account in my laptop. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-photo/7645afa8-ef27-45af-bf36-ccd64e00b3f4
  8. Lockscreen photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen photo: I can't change my lock screen photo and I only have my personal account in my laptop. pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lockscreen-photo/7645afa8-ef27-45af-bf36-ccd64e00b3f4
  9. Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo: I've been stuck on the same Windows Spotlight photo for like three weeks. In my customization settings for the lockscreen, it always reverts back to "Photo" when I set it on Windows Spotlight. Any idea how to fix this and get the spotlight photo slideshows back? submitted...
  10. Windows Lockscreen Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Lockscreen Photos: Subject: Windows Lockscreen Photos I am running Windows 10 Professional version 1803. Normally I saw beautiful changing landscape photos on the screen when opening the notebook. About 3-4 weeks ago these stopped and I just have the standard fixed lockscreen now. I tried to...