Windows 10: Windows 10 Lockscreen Showing Wrong Image

Discus and support Windows 10 Lockscreen Showing Wrong Image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After I select the image I would like as a lock screen, the image displayed is not what I have selected. The picture I choose does show in the preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kahtrinah, Feb 14, 2019.

1. kahtrinah Win User

Windows 10 Lockscreen Showing Wrong Image

After I select the image I would like as a lock screen, the image displayed is not what I have selected. The picture I choose does show in the preview but does not actually show. It seems to show old lock screens that I have had? I am on the picture option (not slideshow) and am really confused as to why this is not changing to what I set it to. Please help!

:)

kahtrinah, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Gibjets Win User

Windows 10 lockscreen image will not show unless signed in

• The format of the image is JPG
    • The resolution is 1920x1080
    • It is a custom built computer, so i guess you can say the make is MSI and the model (motherboard model) is Z97-G55 SLI

Windows 10 Lockscreen Showing Wrong Image f2afbb94-e5a9-4f5e-9ddf-826573a2c103.jpg

• The only change that has been made is the installation of the newest updates. I have not changed any settings or hardware
    • I have tried using different images of different sizes including the generic windows images, i have tried setting the lockscreen to both slideshow and windows spotlight. I have ensured that the CTRL-ALT-delete login policy is turned off and that i have
      "animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" setting turned on, i have tried turning on and off "cortana on the lockscreen" and i ensured i have all the latest updates and drivers
    • I did not receive any error messages. The only clue i have to solving this, is that when i sign in the image works normally, but when i sign out it becomes blank
    Thank you for following up, i appreciate all the help!

Gibjets, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 lockscreen image will not show unless signed in

Wallpaper images loads depend on its resolution and quality. It will also depend on the start-up programs on your computer and how much memory do you have. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concerns with this lock-screen
    image, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the format of this image?
    • What is the resolution of this image?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is your PC system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      • Press Windows + S to open Search Box. Type
        About, then click it
      • Send us the screenshot
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Feb 14, 2019
  4. mtarunsai Win User

lockscreen images

When I first started using my laptop, it showed different types of images on my lockscreen. I liked as I get to see a new image every time. But my brother has set a stupid image as lockscreen image. Now I can do nothing but to settle with the images I have
    in my laptop. Can anyone please help me with this.

mtarunsai, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Lockscreen Showing Wrong Image - Similar Threads - Lockscreen Showing Wrong

2. Windows 11 lockscreen shows wrong time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lockscreen shows wrong time.: Since the start of British Summer Time the lock screen is one hour out. The region and display settings are correct, and when unlocked the machine shows the correct time, however the large clock on the lock screen has not adjusted....
  3. Windows 11 lockscreen shows wrong time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 lockscreen shows wrong time.: Since the start of British Summer Time the lock screen is one hour out. The region and display settings are correct, and when unlocked the machine shows the correct time, however the large clock on the lock screen has not adjusted....
  4. Why no images of India on the Windows 10 lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why no images of India on the Windows 10 lockscreen?: Hi, It amazes me how everyday I am greeted with beautiful for the most part images on my lockscreen. .. of scenic locations across the world ... Europe, the Americas, China, South East Asia, the Middle East. . basically everything "except India"...
  5. Lockscreen showing ghost images of my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen showing ghost images of my desktop: Hi, since a few days I have problems with my windows lock screen. It seems like some windows I opened recently are shown on the lock screen very faintly. I see this as a privacy issue so I would like to remove it. [ATTACH] It's no a display issue. After leaving the...
  6. Spotlight lockscreen showing a blue image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spotlight lockscreen showing a blue image: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Retrograde-Planet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5cl8c/spotlight_lockscreen_showing_a_blue_image/
  7. Wrong Picture On Lockscreen

Wrong Picture On Lockscreen: Hi all, I have put Christmas pictures on my wife's computer (Same spec as mine). She wanted both the lock screen and the desktop pictures to change daily. I accomplished that alright but when the computer boots to the place where it wants the password input instead of a...
  8. Wrong Picture On Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Picture On Lockscreen: Hi all, I have put Christmas pictures on my wife's computer (Same spec as mine). She wanted both the lock screen and the desktop pictures to change daily. I accomplished that alright but when the computer boots to the place where it wants the password input instead of a...
  9. Lockscreen image is wrong on reboot but correct after first log-in.

Lockscreen image is wrong on reboot but correct after first log-in.: This bug has been present in windows 10 for years, however ms devs have never addressed it. Seeing the same problem in build 1903 has finally driven me nuts. The bug: I am the only user and have administrator rights. However on boot-up winlogon shows the default lockscreen...
  10. Lockscreen background image not showing on start

Lockscreen background image not showing on start: Thanks for taking a look at my issue. i have ticked the box to enable "show lock screen background picture on sign-in screen" however it works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes. More recently it just doesn't work at all. What do yuo think the reason could be? I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 default lockscreen wrong picture