Windows 10: Windows 10 Log-in nightmere; other accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 Log-in nightmere; other accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Having one heck of a time establishing other user accounts and getting proper log-in screen. Entirely IMPOSSIBlE to switch users. Starts at "Other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mike G J, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Mike G J Win User

Windows 10 Log-in nightmere; other accounts

Having one heck of a time establishing other user accounts and getting proper log-in screen.

Entirely IMPOSSIBlE to switch users.

Starts at "Other User" screen ... not even primary initial adminstrator level account estabilished at installation.

I don't get the same screens on this version of recently installed W10.

There is no option to establish a local account.

When I have tried to enter a new local account not tied to a microsoft e-mail address, THAT newly established local account is never displayed at log-in. Always Other User having a work or student listing.

Did Microsoft intentional screw-up the log-in procedures of years past?

Why can not the log-in user select the account he's supposed to use on that machine?

HUGE frustration.

Is there a single source that can give advice in this regard?

Appreciate you energy on my behalf.

Thanks.

:)

Mike G J, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Log-in nightmere; other accounts :(

Zakin, Jul 12, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Log-in nightmere; other accounts - Similar Threads - Log nightmere accounts

2. I cannot log into other microsoft accounts for minecraft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot log into other microsoft accounts for minecraft.: When I try logging into minecraft and all other services that use microsoft accounts and emails with my microsoft account all I get is loading for 1 min then a white empty window.this only happens when I select the use a different account option....
  3. Cant use any other browser other than edge if logged in to my microsoft account on windows 10

in Cortana
    Cant use any other browser other than edge if logged in to my microsoft account on windows 10: So i started having this problem before i built my new computer and the first problem i had on the new one was the same. So if i log in to my microsoft account on the computer so all microsoft related things and the user is the account etc i cant use as an example google...
  4. Can't log into accounts, among other things

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log into accounts, among other things: Just recently, Ive been having trouble with access to sites. The most serious case is with my online access to my banks checking account. Ive never had a problem in the past, but a couple days ago I logged in and kept getting error messages saying Im entering incorrect...
  5. Can't log into accounts, among other things

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log into accounts, among other things: Just recently, Ive been having trouble with access to sites. The most serious case is with my online access to my banks checking account. Ive never had a problem in the past, but a couple days ago I logged in and kept getting error messages saying Im entering incorrect...
  6. Other profiles cannot Log on Family account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other profiles cannot Log on Family account: Hi, I am setting up a different account for my daughter as part of a microsoft family account. I can see her profile already in the Family & Other users in settings and it says she can sign in. But when I log on to the computer, it is only my profile that appears. In the...
  7. log in to other accounts on pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    log in to other accounts on pc: How to log in to other accounts on pc [Moved from: Microsoft Education / Office / Word] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-to-other-accounts-on-pc/3afb3aa2-49bd-4c05-8aea-5eefa417e63b
  8. 1 account can’t log in, others are missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1 account can’t log in, others are missing.: [IMG][IMG]Ok so this is a follow up of this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-account-unable-to-sign-in-and-older-one/300008d9-60b3-4de2-9b83-0551401f433c I’ve ended up having to make another admin account from cmd, it turns out that any...
  9. Unable to log into other accounts from sign-in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to log into other accounts from sign-in screen: I recently upgrade two home computers to Windows 10. One from Windows 8.1 and one from Windows 7. The windows 7 upgrade has been flawless so far. On the other machine (previously Windows 8.1) I have two accounts. One is the administrator account, which I use, and one is my...
  10. Can't log into OneNote and other apps. Problem with accounts?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't log into OneNote and other apps. Problem with accounts?: I have a Microsoft account that works to let me log in to either Microsoft sites or OneNote on my iphone. I am unable to log into OneNote (native app, not OneNote 2016) on my laptop. Systems/accounts says I have a local account for which I'm an administrator. I don't know...