Windows 10: Windows 10 Log-in nightmere; other accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 Log-in nightmere; other accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Having one heck of a time establishing other user accounts and getting proper log-in screen. Entirely IMPOSSIBlE to switch users. Starts at "Other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mike G J, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Mike G J Win User

Windows 10 Log-in nightmere; other accounts

Having one heck of a time establishing other user accounts and getting proper log-in screen.

Entirely IMPOSSIBlE to switch users.

Starts at "Other User" screen ... not even primary initial adminstrator level account estabilished at installation.

I don't get the same screens on this version of recently installed W10.

There is no option to establish a local account.

When I have tried to enter a new local account not tied to a microsoft e-mail address, THAT newly established local account is never displayed at log-in. Always Other User having a work or student listing.

Did Microsoft intentional screw-up the log-in procedures of years past?

Why can not the log-in user select the account he's supposed to use on that machine?

HUGE frustration.

Is there a single source that can give advice in this regard?

Appreciate you energy on my behalf.

Thanks.

:)

Mike G J, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Log-in nightmere; other accounts :(

Zakin, Jul 12, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Log-in nightmere; other accounts - Similar Threads - Log nightmere accounts

2. 1 account can’t log in, others are missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1 account can’t log in, others are missing.: [IMG][IMG]Ok so this is a follow up of this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-account-unable-to-sign-in-and-older-one/300008d9-60b3-4de2-9b83-0551401f433c I’ve ended up having to make another admin account from cmd, it turns out that any...
  3. forgot password to log into windows 10 account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/fdf9fd39-a11a-48f3-bea1-55b746f64552
  4. Unable to log in to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log in to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10: Lately, I have been experiencing issues logging into my Microsoft Account, ONLY on my Windows 10 computer as every other log in works just fine. I am using a Local Account (Due to some very unfortunate Windows Profile Glitches a year ago I had to transfer all my old data...
  5. logging on to account in windows 10, desk top

in Windows 10 Customization
    logging on to account in windows 10, desk top: I have 2 accounts on my home computer. I have no problem logging in to account 'A'. When I try to log on to account 'B' The cursor continually spins and the words "Logging on please wait". This continues till I shut down the computer and restart. Then when I click on account...
  6. Log in account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in account: Hello, I have a new windows 10 and every time I log in there would be a double account with my name on it (no pic) by default and says "Can't log in" and when I try to use my password it wouldn't match. So I have to choose another account which is my Microsoft account with...
  7. account log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    account log in: why all the accounts in my laptop are signed in, when i'm sign in with one account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/account-log-in/0c12a888-35ae-478e-b4d0-7c48f3017579"
  8. Cannot log into Microsoft account on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log into Microsoft account on Windows 10: So I was trying to log into my Microsoft Account on my Windows 10 install, and going from the Accounts>Family and Other Users, and then hitting the link to login, and it just pops with a black window for 1 second and then goes away and nothing happens. Anyone else have...
  9. Unable to log into other accounts from sign-in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to log into other accounts from sign-in screen: I recently upgrade two home computers to Windows 10. One from Windows 8.1 and one from Windows 7. The windows 7 upgrade has been flawless so far. On the other machine (previously Windows 8.1) I have two accounts. One is the administrator account, which I use, and one is my...
  10. Can't log into OneNote and other apps. Problem with accounts?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't log into OneNote and other apps. Problem with accounts?: I have a Microsoft account that works to let me log in to either Microsoft sites or OneNote on my iphone. I am unable to log into OneNote (native app, not OneNote 2016) on my laptop. Systems/accounts says I have a local account for which I'm an administrator. I don't know...