Windows 10: Windows 10 Log-In to ASUS laptop - Linked Microsoft Account Deleted

Discus and support Windows 10 Log-In to ASUS laptop - Linked Microsoft Account Deleted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We are unable to log in to my brothers laptop. Our mum who set up the laptop with her own Microsoft account has since deleted the account AND forgotten... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NathanielLegall, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Log-In to ASUS laptop - Linked Microsoft Account Deleted

We are unable to log in to my brothers laptop. Our mum who set up the laptop with her own Microsoft account has since deleted the account AND forgotten the original password. Here is what I've done so far but nothing has worked.

1. No passwords have worked that might have been associated with the account.

2. Whilst at the log in screen we selected 'I forgot my password' underneath the type-in box. The system gives the message 'The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded'. This is regardless of whether the system is connected to the internet or not.

3. There is no guest account (I'm pretty sure that the guest account option has not been selected within the windows settings).

4. Using Shift + Restart we can access the other system options. I've tried to factory reset the laptop but this requires an administrator account (which I'm assuming the Microsoft account wasn't).

At the 'Choose an option' screen...

Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Keep my files/Remove everything.

Computer restarts and goes to bkack screen. I have to enter a system password. Computer continues to restart and the 'Reset this PC'. If I select the only account there then the type-in box asks for the password (which my mum doesn't know). If I select the 'Forgotten your password or can't see your account?' at the bottom of the blue screen it returns a message beginning 'This list only shows administrator accounts that have previously signed in to this PC...'.

There are no accounts listed. Pressing the 'Restart' button is the only option.

5. Shift + Restart. Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Start-Up Settings > Restart. Computer restarts. I put in the system password.

I've tried 'Enable Safe Mode', 'Enable Safe Mode with Networking' and 'Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt' but this only returns us to another log in screen. I've also pressed F10 for the option to 'Launch recovery environment'.

Any suggestions on how we can gain access to this account would be appreciated.

It's an Asus E203N Notebook if that helps..

:)

NathanielLegall, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Log-In to ASUS laptop - Linked Microsoft Account Deleted :(

Zakin, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 Log-In to ASUS laptop - Linked Microsoft Account Deleted

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Log-In to ASUS laptop - Linked Microsoft Account Deleted

1. Windows 10 Log-In to ASUS laptop - Linked Microsoft Account Deleted - Similar Threads - Log ASUS laptop

2. Windows user linked to deleted Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows user linked to deleted Microsoft account: Hello,I am currently attempting to unlink a currently used user account on Windows 10 from its Microsoft account, as the Microsoft account connected to it has been closed as the email used on it no longer exists. However, now the Windows user is linked to a non-existent...
  3. Windows user linked to deleted Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows user linked to deleted Microsoft account: Hello,I am currently attempting to unlink a currently used user account on Windows 10 from its Microsoft account, as the Microsoft account connected to it has been closed as the email used on it no longer exists. However, now the Windows user is linked to a non-existent...
  4. Windows user linked to deleted Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account linked with deleted email: How can I access my Microsoft account with my deleted email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-linked-with-deleted-email/0b618d3b-f06f-46c6-ad31-d15511fe50ad
  6. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account linked with deleted email: How can I access my Microsoft account with my deleted email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-linked-with-deleted-email/0b618d3b-f06f-46c6-ad31-d15511fe50ad
  7. Microsoft account linked with deleted email

8. How to change microsoft account linked to a specific log in on window 10.

How to change microsoft account linked to a specific log in on window 10.: My computer had a local user account which we have used as a family for years and hadn't been linked to our microsoft live logins. My son accidentally attached his microsoft account to it and now we can't find anyway to take it off and go back to the local user account . He...
  9. How to change microsoft account linked to a specific log in on window 10.

How to change microsoft account linked to a specific log in on window 10.: My computer had a local user account which we have used as a family for years and hadn't been linked to our microsoft live logins. My son accidentally attached his microsoft account to it and now we can't find anyway to take it off and go back to the local user account . He...
  10. How to delete linked Microsoft accounts - Windows 10

How to delete linked Microsoft accounts - Windows 10: Hello,My Surface constantly shows a message, that there is a problem with a Microsoft account. When I click on the notification I get a pop-up where I should log in in an old Microsoft account which doesn't exist anymore. I have also some other linked accounts they are listed...