Windows 10: Windows 10 Log Off Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Log Off Problems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently had power adapter problems caused by a docking station which resulted in a motherboard replacement. The laptop works fine except for one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DSpencer1, Nov 7, 2019.

1. DSpencer1 Win User

Windows 10 Log Off Problems

I recently had power adapter problems caused by a docking station which resulted in a motherboard replacement. The laptop works fine except for one area. Whenever I log off, close the screen, or let the computer time out and sleep it turns off any and all programs that I may have had open so when I log back on I have a clean desktop. It does this immediately upon logging off. The laptop does not restart.

I am not super tech savvy. I do not know enough to track this down on my own but with good instructions I feel comfortable I could apply the remedy once figured out. I think it has to do with a registry key setting that the computer shop may have changed or forgotten to change when they worked on the computer. This comp shop is being super NON responsive so I think I will have to figure this out on my own.

:)

DSpencer1, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Log Off Problems - Similar Threads - Log Off Problems

2. Log on AND log Off sounds..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log on AND log Off sounds..: I cant seem to find the log on and log off sound options in the customize sound menu, tho I changed the and selected the play sounds on startup option, I have a windows 11 Inspiron, is the option there somewhere else if yes where??...
  3. Window 10 keep log off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 keep log off randomly: I have a Lenovo laptop Thinkpad T480s with Window 10. Recently, while I am working so the laptop is not idle, the monitor randomly turn off and the laptop go into sleep mode. It will be on again at the log off screen if I press the power button or anywhere on the keyboard or...
  4. windows 10 pc is logging off automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 pc is logging off automatically: windows 10 pc is logging off automatically after aprox 1 min of inactivity.. i checked all the battery settings, sleep and sign out options etc.. are turned off, idk how to fix the problem, any help is appreciated, thx in advance! submitted by /u/magical_cyber [link]...
  5. Windows 10 log in problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 log in problems: Hi looking for some help. When i log into my laptop it takes me to the desktop then says it couldn’t log into my account and it signs me in with a temporary profile. I have tried numerous fixes i have read online and each one has failed because they need more hard drive space...
  6. windows 10 logging on and off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 logging on and off: I have 2 accounts on my home computer. I have no problem logging in to account 'A'. When I try to log on to account 'B' The cursor continually spins and the words "Logging on please wait". This continues till I shut down the computer and restart. Then when I click on account...
  7. Windows 10 Log on problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Log on problems: Last week some strange things happened with our PC log on. Having put in one incorrect password, when we attempted it a second time it came up with a message telling us that we had put in the incorrect password several times (not true) and told us to enter a password of...
  8. Customize the Windows 10 Log-On and Log-Off Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize the Windows 10 Log-On and Log-Off Screen: how Customize the Windows 10 Log-On and Log-Off Screen in Build 10240? i like a black color! *Confused 9013
  9. auto log off problem

in Windows 10 Support
    auto log off problem: I have just upgraded my desktop PC from windows 8 to 10, it has gone OK with a couple of minor issues which I am sure I will solve in time (can't find control panel in the new style start button etc). However one issue that is really a pain is whenever I go away for a short...
  10. Windows 10 10130 logging off on inactivity?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 10130 logging off on inactivity?: So I recently updated from 10074 to 10030(switched from slow to fast) and my routine would be to use the laptop until midnight and not turn it off when I hit the sack. When I go back to it, it's already in the lock screen, logged off. It's not in that sleep state where you...