Windows 10: Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hoping someone has an answer for this. I have a Windows 10 machine. It has a corp image, and is on the corp domain. I have the power options set so... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by james.kotsonas, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts

Hoping someone has an answer for this.

I have a Windows 10 machine. It has a corp image, and is on the corp domain.

I have the power options set so that it never turns off the display, or goes to sleep.

When I leave for the day, I lock the computer.

When I return the next day and go to enter in my pwd, it says it is incorrect. However,

the pwd is correct.

In the lower left corner of my screen, I have 3 account options:

- my network admin account

- my network non-admin account

- the local admin account

I cannot log onto any of the accounts. All three say their respective pwds are incorrect

- none of the accounts are locked (I can log on to other computers with the same pwds)

- keyboard is working correctly (all keys work, caps lock is not on, num lock is on)

- Passwords are verified correct

The only workaround I've found is to restart the pc. Once I restart, I can log on no problem.

:)

james.kotsonas, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts

Windows 10: Password Incorrect

Hi.

I have the same problem.

On my surface pro the Upgrade went fine, and on my PC it keeps saying incorrect password when I try to log in. I log on my SP without problems With the same Microsoft account.

My pc is online, and there is no other error Message than the incorrect password. I have tried rebooting a lot of times, I have logged out of the SP to try to log in on the pc. I have also changed the password on my Microsoft account, and everythings going
    fine on the SP, and the same incorrect password Message repeats itself on my pc

I have separate licences on my devicess of course, and everything was working fine With Windows 8.1 on both Devices.

Best regards

Øivind Lindland

Seizer1974, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts

1. Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts - Similar Threads - log Password incorrect

2. Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect: Hi, I am having problems with my laptop. A problem happened and it keeps going into automatic repair mode and so I'm trying to do a start up repair.The problem:My password won't work no matter how many times I have tried it. I also changed it too and it still says "The...
  3. Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect: Hi, I am having problems with my laptop. A problem happened and it keeps going into automatic repair mode and so I'm trying to do a start up repair.The problem:My password won't work no matter how many times I have tried it. I also changed it too and it still says "The...
  4. Tried logging into outlook account but password is incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not: When trying to log into my PC, Windows prompts me to enter my Microsoft password. After having done that, it does not accept the password and says that it is incorrect. I know that password I entered is correct because I am able to log into my Microsoft account via the...
  6. "Password incorrect" when attempting to log in to admin account in recovery password is not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Password incorrect" when attempting to log in to admin account in recovery password is not...: Hi there - For the past week or so I've been dealing with some file system corruption errors, which has required a restart so that Windows can make repairs. When Windows is done scanning and repairing my drive, it launches into an additional recovery mode to complete the...
  7. Minecraft for Windows 10 will not log in/ incorrect password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10 will not log in/ incorrect password: Hello I have just logged into the Microsoft Store and purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 on my win 10 PC. Then from the MS store, I then pressed 'play' Minecraft. I then press 'sign in', it then says 'Use windows hello with your account'. I do not know what this is, but...
  8. Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...

Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...: I am trying to install Windows on a new hard drive. Unsurprisingly, Windows/MSFT are doing their utmost to make me regret this decision every step of the way. When it comes to the step where I'm supposed to sign into my Microsoft account, it will not accept my correct...
  9. Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password

Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password: I restarted my computer and now I am unable to log in I have windows 10. It keeps telling me that "the password is incorrect. Try again." I am using the same password I have used since purchase six weeks ago. To give a history of yesterday, my daughters friend downloaded...
  10. Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in: Hi guys! I have a very weird problem which I'll try to summarize as clearly as possible. I have upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 using the free upgrade option. Back then I was using the old hotmail account password. Since it was converted to a Microsoft account, Windows says...