Windows 10: Windows 10 logic to get dynamic colors from a wallpaper

Discus and support Windows 10 logic to get dynamic colors from a wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I may not have an answer, but I think this could be the best place to be eventually illuminated or at least guided. I like the Windows 10 feature to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mitma, May 19, 2019.

1. Mitma Win User

Windows 10 logic to get dynamic colors from a wallpaper

I may not have an answer, but I think this could be the best place to be eventually illuminated or at least guided.

I like the Windows 10 feature to set dynamic colors for the desktop elements, starting from a presentation of images as desktop wallpapers. In particular, I appreciate the choice of tonality, always not too bright, which recalls the tonality of the Google's Material Design color palette.

Given a folder with a set of images, I was thinking about what could be the logic used to choose so beautiful colors. It seems that:

1. if an image is black & white, regardless of whether the light or dark tone prevails, some DIFFERENT default colors seem to be set for the taskbar and the window title bar; in particular, a BLUE for the taskbar and a GRAY for the title bar. I wonder if the choice of these two default colors could affects the calculation of the color point chosen for the following point (2) ...
    2. otherwise, if an image is not black & white, both the taskbar and the window title bar have the SAME color, extracted with some logic from the image. I tried to understand which could be this logic but, in the meantime, it seems that the taskbar and the title bar acquire the darkest color tone (perhaps due to a contrast in the font, based on the setting made for the theme in Windows 10, between light and dark). Maybe has been considered the entire spectrum of visible light, by choosing a fairly broad default color palette, so that when a color is drawn from the image, based on the range in which it is placed in the color palette, the algorithm considers the relative darker and lighter tonality values inside the default palette, by using them for the taskbar and the title bar...

I apologize for the curious question, hoping the place could be suitable for the question, but I really like how colors match, and this is an important factor in the dynamic adaptation of interface colors with an always optimal contrast between foreground and background (for example by writing code for the web, like here or here).

Thanks a lot for your guidelines/help/suggestions,

best regards,

Riccardo

:)

Mitma, May 19, 2019

2. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 19, 2019
  3. Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 19, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

A problem with my wallpaper

Hi Robert,

When you turn on the computer, it will go to the loading screen first before going to the log in page. The color background of the loading screen will depend on the color that you've configured in the
    Personalization settings. In the Personalization settings, if the
    Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox is checked, the color settings will change depending on your wallpaper. This can be the reason why the background of the loading screen changes when you pick a different wallpaper.
    If you want to set the color settings to your preferred color, you can do so by following these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Colors.
    • On the right pane, uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox and choose the color that you want under
      Windows color.

If you have additional questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 logic to get dynamic colors from a wallpaper - Similar Threads - logic dynamic colors

2. Windows 11 Dynamic wallpaper is not switching images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dynamic wallpaper is not switching images: since 2 days ago, my wallpaper stopped switching from the images Microsoft highlights to the default Windows 11 Bloom wallpaper and i can't switch it manually to other imagesthe Dynamic images theme is selected as you can seewhat could it possibly be?...
  3. Windows 11 Dynamic wallpaper is not switching images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dynamic wallpaper is not switching images: since 2 days ago, my wallpaper stopped switching from the images Microsoft highlights to the default Windows 11 Bloom wallpaper and i can't switch it manually to other imageswhat could it possibly be?...
  4. Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.: Whenever I try to start a game or something my screen flashes black then my background goes from a picture I set to a Solid blue color and I have to change it back. What could be the problem?...
  5. Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.: Whenever I try to start a game or something my screen flashes black then my background goes from a picture I set to a Solid blue color and I have to change it back. What could be the problem?...
  6. Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Dynamic Wallpaper Library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Dynamic Wallpaper Library: I'm a photographer and I'd like to submit some photos to Windows Dynamic Wallpaper Library. Is it possible? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dynamic-wallpaper-library/e02f49a2-0fd6-4597-81eb-885396011bc8
  8. Windows 10 Wallpaper keep changing to Color

Windows 10 Wallpaper keep changing to Color: Hey i'm using windows 10 and recently my desktop having issue whenever i change my wallpaper. it's not like i can't use wallpaper or what but my wallpaper won't change to other image and so whenever i change picture, my wallpaper turn into color. i can change color, but...
  9. How Windows 10 X will dynamically change desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 News
    How Windows 10 X will dynamically change desktop wallpaper: Microsoft has not talked much about Windows 10 X after its unveiling in October of 2019, but rumours and leaks have revealed new details of Microsoft’s modular operating system. A report recently revealed that Windows 10 X might come with Apple’s macOS-like dynamic wallpaper...
  10. Windows 10 logic/algorithm to get dynamic colors from a wallpaper

Windows 10 logic/algorithm to get dynamic colors from a wallpaper: I may not have an answer, but I think this could be the best place to be eventually illuminated or at least guided. I like the Windows 10 feature to set dynamic colors for the desktop elements, starting from a presentation of images as desktop wallpapers. In particular, I...