Windows 10: Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically

Discus and support Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I imported some keys in the registry (Windows 10 regedit) and after that, as soon as my user logsin, it logsout without displaying the desktop. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FernandoRuscitti, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically

Hi, I imported some keys in the registry (Windows 10 regedit) and after that, as soon as my user logsin, it logsout without displaying the desktop. It goes back to the login screen again ...

In safe mode it logins Ok.

Any way to revert changes o check the registry or debug what is going on?

Thanks very much

regards;

fernando

:)

FernandoRuscitti, Oct 29, 2018

2. Unable to logout and login on Windows 10 user accounts.

The question and their answers are as follows:

• many user accounts do you have on the computer?

Two accounts: One main account and one guest account
    • Do you not find the options to login and logout of all the user accounts?

No
    • Are you facing the above issue since upgrading to Windows 10?

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 preloaded
    • Which is the current build running on the computer?

I do not know how to get this information. I am running Windows 10 Home edition and the latest version is installed, The last info I see for automatic update is:
      Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172985)

I am a novice user!

Thanks

KiritLathia, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Windows 10 user automatic logout

Hi,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to manage Screen timeout settings in Windows 10:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.
    • Click Screen timeout settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Oct 29, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically

[Tip] Automatic Login to Windows and Instantly lock the computer.

Problem: You like to leave XYZ program running 24/7, but XYZ program only starts when you log into the computer(XYZ can be whatever program you want). So when automatic updates hit and auto-restart your computer, the XYZ program doesn't start back up. You could not put a password on your user account, so the computer automatically logs onto your user account when it reboots, but that is insecure, and if you have nosy roommates/children/super intelligent monkeys, if there is no password they might get on your computer and find your huge collection of por...legally obtained songs...
    Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically Shifty_Eyes_Emoticon_by_Canaan1.gif

Solution: Set Windows to automatically log into a password protected user account, and then instantly lock the computer.*Rockout :rockout: Here's how:

• I'm going to assume you already have your user account password protected. If not, setup a password for your user account now...I'll wait...ok, moving on.
    • In the Run dialog type "control userpasswords2" without quotes. Then press OK.

Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically autologin1.png
    • In the User Accounts window uncheck the box for "Users must enter a password to use this computer." Press OK.

Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically autologin2.png
    • In the Automatically Log On window enter your username and password. Press OK.

Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically autologin3.png
    • Open Notepad and type "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkstation" without quotes.

Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically autologin4.png
    • Save the text document as lock.bat. Make sure you change Save as type: from *.txt to *.*!

Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically autologin5.png
    • Drag lock.bat into your Startup folder.

Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically autologin6.png
    That is it. Now when the computer is rebooted it will automatically log in to your account, load any programs you want started, and lock the computer so a password is still required to use it.*Toast :toast:

A few notes:
    • If you change the password for your user account, it will break the auto login. You will have to go back into control userpasswords2 and re-enter your login information.
    • This should work with any recent version of Windows, I've tested it back to at least XP. You shouldn't be using anything older than that anyway.
    • I've tested this with Win7 and Vista Home Premium and up. It should work on Home Basic and Starter as well, and it should work on XP Home, but I haven't tested this personally. The lower versions of Windows might not have the Control Userpasswords2 ability.
    • This works with Server versions of Windows also.

newtekie1, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically

1. Windows 10 Login and Logout automatically - Similar Threads - Login Logout automatically

2. Automatic logout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic logout: Want to stop automatic logout in Windows 10. I have tried all the suggestions previously described from a few years ago. Does someone have a more recent post? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-logout/bc048ca3-df78-413d-a983-a6ac2413db35
  3. Automatic logout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic logout: Want to stop automatic logout in Windows 10. I have tried all the suggestions previously described from a few years ago. Does someone have a more recent post? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-logout/bc048ca3-df78-413d-a983-a6ac2413db35
  4. Automatic logout

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. win10 logout but login back automatically

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    win10 logout but login back automatically: upgraded form win7turn on the machine will login to a user account automaticallylogout the current user will not go the the lock screen, but login again to the same usercan anyone help? Thanks....
  6. win10 logout but login back automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win10 logout but login back automatically: upgraded form win7turn on the machine will login to a user account automaticallylogout the current user will not go the the lock screen, but login again to the same usercan anyone help? Thanks....
  7. win10 logout but login back automatically

8. Automatic logout when trying to login after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic logout when trying to login after update.: I just updated my windows 10 laptop and when I try to login now It automaticly logs me out. What can I do to solve the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-logout-when-trying-to-login-after-update/50b1d708-bda4-4e57-b08a-009487158d67
  9. Strange Automatic Logout/Login behaviour.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange Automatic Logout/Login behaviour.: Hi, I have a laptop running Windows 10. There are two users accounts, mine and a minimal guest account in case I ever lock my self out of my account. The 'minimal' account is probably used about once year if that. Twice now I have left my laptop logged in as me, with...
  10. RoboForm Automatic Logout

RoboForm Automatic Logout: No matter what setting I give this [img] The actual timeout does not change from the 120 minute default. This is the current configuration I'm experimenting with and it doesn't change either. A little history: Initially RoboForm was a great little tool. Then when MS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to have computer logout automatically

2. bluetooth auto logon and logoff

3. windows 1903 login and the logout

4. windows 10 login without password after logout,
  5. windows 10 automatic logout