Windows 10: Windows 10 login brings me back to the lock screen.

Discus and support Windows 10 login brings me back to the lock screen. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last night, I shut down and updated my computer. This morning I turned it on and once I put my password in, the screen would flicker black and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gavman007, Jun 15, 2020.

1. gavman007 Win User

Windows 10 login brings me back to the lock screen.

Last night, I shut down and updated my computer. This morning I turned it on and once I put my password in, the screen would flicker black and then take me back to the lock screen. I've been trying to fix this for 5 hours now and I am unable to get into the windows recovery mode to boot into safe mode. The only thing that gets me into recovery mode is an additional windows boot drive, but once I was in I was unable to perform anything successfully. I've tried going into the recovery command prompt and executing "bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal" and it spits back the data store could not be opened and the system device cannot be found. I looked this up and tried all the bootrec commands and /FixBoot did not work.

I have no idea what I need to do to fix this issue, I can't reset my pc or revert the update either. I'm just about to give up and leave it alone but that would be very inconvenient. If you have any idea how this could be fixed please let me know and I will respond somewhat quickly.

Thank you.

:)

gavman007, Jun 15, 2020

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Windows 10 login brings me back to the lock screen. [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 15, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 login brings me back to the lock screen.

No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

Windows 10 login brings me back to the lock screen. [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 login brings me back to the lock screen.

1. Windows 10 login brings me back to the lock screen. - Similar Threads - login brings lock

2. My pc randomly restarts and brings me back to the login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc randomly restarts and brings me back to the login screen: Hello, I have recently updated my computer within the past 2 days, which I think is the reasons for my current issue but I am UNSURE so I came here to find out. This is when my computer started to act up a day after the update. My pc randomly restarts and brings me back to...
  3. My pc randomly restarts and brings me back to the login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc randomly restarts and brings me back to the login screen: Hello, I have recently updated my computer within the past 2 days, which I think is the reasons for my current issue but I am UNSURE so I came here to find out. This is when my computer started to act up a day after the update. My pc randomly restarts and brings me back to...
  4. My pc randomly restarts and brings me back to the login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bring Windows 10 key back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bring Windows 10 key back: Well, I had Windows 10 Home Single Language and I wanted to change my language, put a generic key in and im stuck with a deactivated windows.I tried installing produkey but Windows Security wouldn't let me.Please help!...
  6. Microsoft login screen on Windows 10 keeps bouncing me back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft login screen on Windows 10 keeps bouncing me back.: Hey all,I have a big problem. I can't seem to login to my computer - and the only user that's setup is with my microsoft live login.A couple of days ago I changed my password, that made me not able to login on my computer. I then changed back to the password that's on the...
  7. Microsoft login screen on Windows 10 keeps bouncing me back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft login screen on Windows 10 keeps bouncing me back.: Hey all,I have a big problem. I can't seem to login to my computer - and the only user that's setup is with my microsoft live login.A couple of days ago I changed my password, that made me not able to login on my computer. I then changed back to the password that's on the...
  8. Microsoft login screen on Windows 10 keeps bouncing me back.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Can't login to Windows 10, throws me back to login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login to Windows 10, throws me back to login screen: I cant login to my MS accoint on my PC, it throws me back to the login screen right away. No error message nno nothing. This is the second time this is happening. The last time I wasn't able to recover the account = all files were gone!!...
  10. Bring back the Windows 8 Start Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bring back the Windows 8 Start Screen?: The Start Screen in Windows 8.1 is a masterpiece with its horisontal scroll and simplistic grouping. The Start Screen in Windows 10 is a mess with the mix of a Windows 7 style Start Menu and the vertical scroll of the tiles. Would there be any way to bring the Windows 8...