Windows 10: Windows 10 login does nothing. Not activated <180 days though so no reset possible.

Discus and support Windows 10 login does nothing. Not activated <180 days though so no reset possible. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Here's an interesting one for you. I bought a PC that was advertised as having windows 10. Which it did, it just wasn't an activated version. It was in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by M1570C135, May 30, 2022.

1. M1570C135 Win User

Windows 10 login does nothing. Not activated <180 days though so no reset possible.

Here's an interesting one for you. I bought a PC that was advertised as having windows 10. Which it did, it just wasn't an activated version. It was in the fine print; that's on me.I set it up with a local account and then a few weeks later presently the time of writing, I try to activate windows.While in the local account for the PC, I sign into my MS account through the OS. This is a first for me. The local account gets renamed but all apps and docs remain the same, nothing seems to change. Cool I think. I thought there would be an option to activate windows or add the device through

:)

M1570C135, May 30, 2022

2. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I couldn't get it to work at all.. I was also told from a friend that it wasn't possible, you may be out of luck.

LightningJR, May 30, 2022
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, May 30, 2022
  4. alcoxs Win User

Windows 10 login does nothing. Not activated <180 days though so no reset possible.

what happens 180 days after i use default Windows 10 Pro key

Hi. My Laptop runs on Windows 10 Home edition. I want to upgrade it to Windows 10 pro however want to do it free even it is for trial period. Basically I want to explore the Hyper-V feature on my laptop. I understand from below thread that Microsoft provides
    180 days of activation with default Win pro activation code.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...803fa067/c03a7b8b-868c-496c-bb85-4d5e9a96fcde

Considering that I am successfully able to upgrade my Laptop to Windows Pro OS, My question is:

1> What happens after 180 days. Will my OS activation will start showing as Windows Home again or will it continue to show as "OS version not activated" ? Problem is, I no longer have Windows home activation key with me which was shipped with Laptop.

2> If I try to reactivate with default Win pro key again after 180 days..Will it allow me to do so?

regards,

alcoxs, May 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 login does nothing. Not activated <180 days though so no reset possible. - Similar Threads - login does nothing

2. Does it take 3+ days to reset windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does it take 3+ days to reset windows 10 laptop?: It’s been just over 3 days now and the laptop is still at 41% . I’ve tried resetting it 3 times now , I’ve reinstalled a fresh windows 10 too … to no avail, please can someone help . I don’t know what else to try...
  3. Does it take 3+ days to reset windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does it take 3+ days to reset windows 10 laptop?: It’s been just over 3 days now and the laptop is still at 41% . I’ve tried resetting it 3 times now , I’ve reinstalled a fresh windows 10 too … to no avail, please can someone help . I don’t know what else to try...
  4. Windows 10 login does nothing. Not activated <180 days though so no reset possible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login does nothing. Not activated <180 days though so no reset possible.: Here's an interesting one for you. I bought a PC that was advertised as having windows 10. Which it did, it just wasn't an activated version. It was in the fine print; that's on me.I set it up with a local account and then a few weeks later presently the time of writing, I...
  5. Windows 10 login does nothing. Not activated <180 days though so no reset possible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 login does nothing. Not activated <180 days though so no reset possible.: Here's an interesting one for you. I bought a PC that was advertised as having windows 10. Which it did, it just wasn't an activated version. It was in the fine print; that's on me.I set it up with a local account and then a few weeks later presently the time of writing, I...
  6. Windows 10: 1 disk at 100% activity... Though nothing's running on disk.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: 1 disk at 100% activity... Though nothing's running on disk.: This has happened to be since maybe 2 days ago: at first I disregarded it as some updates or whatnot but since it has persisted and I've no clue why it's like this: A 7 second snippet of fluctuating activity An image from Task manager. I should also mention the disk in...
  7. activation troubleshooter does nothing

activation troubleshooter does nothing: Hi I just installed a new motherboard (gigabyte 970A-DS3P) and cpu (FX 8350), before doing this I linked my digital license to my Microsoft account. I did the install, then formatted the hard drive and installed windows 10 home. I am set to sign in to my Microsoft account...
  8. Windows 10 180 processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 180 processes: Hey I need some help with this problem...I just did a Reset PC and I have 180 processes I have nothing fancy right now im on my laptop Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series nothing special..if neone could help me I know how to close the processes but I have nothing running at the...
  9. Windows 10 Not Activated a Few Days After Reset?

Windows 10 Not Activated a Few Days After Reset?: So... I just noticed that my Windows 10 recently became unactivated after a reset? It was activated at first. Now, the activation option in the PC settings is showing nothing it's completely black. I can scroll and the pointer cursor does come up in two spots both of which...
  10. Reset this PC does nothing

Reset this PC does nothing: I bought a used PC that came with Windows 10, upgraded from Windows 7. There are still files and such left over from the previous owner so I wanted to do a complete reset of windows 10 and return to factory defaults. The problem is that when I go to settings/recovery and...