Windows 10: Windows 10 Login Issue after upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Login Issue after upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Experts , could you help here? I was working fine with my Windows 10 and suddenly Windows Update started and Once update done, I am not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SushantChaturvedi, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Login Issue after upgrade

Hello Experts , could you help here?

I was working fine with my Windows 10 and suddenly Windows Update started and Once update done, I am not able to login.

I tried with Fingerprints, Pin & my microsoft account password but unable to do so. I have reset password of microsoft account but still unable to login with new password Device is on network

I went into safe mode and if I am selecting any Startup repair, uninstall previous update, again it's asking account password and that is not working.

Can someone please help here?

:)

SushantChaturvedi, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 Login Issue after upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Login Issue after upgrade

1. Windows 10 Login Issue after upgrade - Similar Threads - Login Issue upgrade

2. Windows 10 Login Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Login Issue: Whenever I try to login to Windows 10, it prompts me with a window Like if you were logging into the Microsoft store or something to login. Thus I need internet to login and it takes more time since it needs to load a prompt. How do I disable this? I just wanna be able to...
  3. Monitor issues after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor issues after upgrading to windows 10: Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 a few months ago and I have an issue with my monitor, it says auto-configure all the time when opening games software etc, and moves the screen automatically making an empty black part at the bottom of the right side I tried changing...
  4. Login issues after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login issues after updating Windows: Is the new Windows update corrupted? I recently updated my Windows 10 PC, it then asked to enter the pin to login , i tried multiple times but it won't accept. I am locked out of the computer and i am 100% sure the pin is correct. is anyone else facing the same issue? is...
  5. Issues with Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with Windows 10 after upgrade: Dears, I have "HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook" for my work, it's started to act weird after I upgraded My Windows 10 to version 1809. Laptop temp is hotter than usual, and CPU fan is running almost all the time when I have all my apps opened. Even when all my apps are...
  6. Windows 10 Login issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Login issue: Hi all. Hopefully my issue can be solved easily, but it is an issue that I've never encountered before. Basically, I just fired up my desktop PC and when I input the password, it isn't accepted by Windows, even though every other machine, laptop's, Xbox's, accounts on my...
  7. Windows 10 login issues, after update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 login issues, after update.: I have been using Windows for a long time, and recently I am having troubles with loggin in. When I click a key (on the login screen), it just shows up blank, no login box or anything. What could be the fault? I have attached a video, so it's easier to see. Also I have...
  8. email issues after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    email issues after windows 10 upgrade: Outlook does not accept passwords, no email incoming or outgoing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/email-issues-after-windows-10-upgrade/4d86bcea-957b-416c-afbf-09b40ba2848a
  9. Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello, I've been having audio issues since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1. My audio, specifically the voices sound muffled, and other sounds are more pronounced. I've tried the following: - Reverting to windows 8.1 - Updating audio drivers - Disabling...
  10. USB issues after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB issues after upgrading to Windows 10: Hi! Looking for help with some issues that developed after installing Windows 10.... Background: No problems with Windows 7. Had computer for 5+ years....held off on upgrading to Windows 10 in fear of problems, but was in queue to get the upgrade. Pop up would come up...