Windows 10: Windows 10 Login/Logoff sound change: not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Login/Logoff sound change: not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I recently turned on startup sounds of Windows 10, and thought, hey, I'll customize my sounds! So then I download the Windows XP startup sound for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Comdervids, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Login/Logoff sound change: not working

So I recently turned on startup sounds of Windows 10, and thought, hey, I'll customize my sounds! So then I download the Windows XP startup sound for login and Windows 8 startup sound for logoff, both as .wav files. First, I went to the registry editor to tweak the login/logoff sound settings(I can provide the registries if needed). Then, I went to the "change system sounds" screen, found "Windows logon" and "Windows logoff"(the exact wording may vary), and changed the sounds. I store the files on OS:/Windows/media, and when I hit the "test" button, the sounds played perfectly. So I went on the control panel and disabled "fast boot", clicked apply, and closed the panel. Then I hit "apply" and "OK" on the system sounds screen. By default on Windows 10, the login sound was supposed to be the Windows 7/Vista sound, and no shutdown sound(I enabled the shutdown/logoff sounds, but it doesn't play with default settings, obviously). Now, I restarted my computer, and it still only played the default startup/login sound, which was still the Win7/Vista sounds. I figured it takes a restart or two, maybe a bit of time. So I restarted a couple of times and gave it an hour. Then, I shut down the system. Still no logoff sound. I started the computer, but it only played the default sounds. I checked my settings, and they were still the same(correct) as to how I had applied the settings. I ran the troubleshooter(which found no problems) as well as tested the sounds again(which still works fine). So I moved the .wav files to the "media" folder, where all the other sounds were. Nope. So then I thought my file was incompatible, so I tried some of the preinstalled sounds, too. Still no luck. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

:)

Comdervids, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Sqrly Win User

Logon and Logoff sounds not working.

I've already done the registry changes to make these events show in the sounds / sounds window.

Source: How to Change the Windows 10 Logoff, Logon, and Shutdown Sounds in Windows 10

I've assigned the custom sounds to them I've been using in W7 for years and the sounds play when it click the "test" button but, the sounds do not play when I actually logoff or logon *Sad Help!

PS I also use a sound from my Bloodrayne set for "Empty Recycle Bin" and it works fine.

Windows 10 Login/Logoff sound change: not working [​IMG]

Sqrly, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Logon and Logoff sounds not working.

I do not have a logoff sound on my Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Login/Logoff sound change: not working [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Login/Logoff sound change: not working

Windows logoff sound

my Windows logoff sound is longer than 10 seconds so I keep getting the notice that the logoff sounds is preventing my computer from shutting down. All the solutions I've found so far simply state 'pick a different logoff sound that is less than 10 seconds
    or simply don't have a logoff sound. Those answers are not acceptable. I want to keep my current logoff sound but keep Windows from displaying that annoying message. How do I do that?

maldrulsmith, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Login/Logoff sound change: not working

1. Windows 10 Login/Logoff sound change: not working - Similar Threads - Login Logoff sound

2. Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...: I have done everything correctly like changing the regedit so windows logon and logoff shows in the change system sounds, and the custom sounds are a wav file which is the only file you can use to have custom sounds... But still just uses the default logon sound and no logoff...
  3. Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom windows logon and logoff sounds not working...: I have done everything correctly like changing the regedit so windows logon and logoff shows in the change system sounds, and the custom sounds are a wav file which is the only file you can use to have custom sounds... But still just uses the default logon sound and no logoff...
  4. No logon or logoff sounds anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No logon or logoff sounds anymore?: Hi all, I was recently playing with my sound theme and noticed some things missing. Has Microsoft done away with sounds for these operations, or are they labeled as something else in Windows 10? The operations in question are Windows Logon, Windows Logoff, and Windows...
  5. Logoff/Login password prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logoff/Login password prompt: I don't require a password to open Windows. In the past, the same was the case when I logged off (not restart) and then logged back in. No password necessary, just hit the button on the logon page to enter Windows. But now, when I log off, I am asked for a password, which...
  6. Logoff/Login password prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logoff/Login password prompt: I don't require a password to open Windows. In the past, the same was the case when I logged off (not restart) and then logged back in. No password necessary, just hit the button on the logon page to enter Windows. But now, when I log off, I am asked for a password, which...
  7. inactivity logoff in windows 10 not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    inactivity logoff in windows 10 not working?: it used to work but this week it hasn't at all,and i don't think i touched the screensaver settings. but i rechecked and its still at "screen saver at 1 min" and sleep at 1 min. but it no longer works now. anyone have an idea? submitted by /u/AdmirableFondant0 [link]...
  8. Windows Logon & logoff sound is not working

Windows Logon & logoff sound is not working: I change the sound but when I turn on the device it only plays the default windows sound. Can anyone help me to fix this? Thank you.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-logoff-sound-is-not-working/012e4ff5-c912-490b-962f-078159a528dd
  9. Login/Logoff wont play?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Login/Logoff wont play?: So i activated the Logon/ Logoff sounds on my Dell, however, when i start it up, it does make the Startup Sound, but not the logon sound, is there anyway i can have it make the sound? Do i have to disable the startup sound? Or isnt Win 10 not meant to use the Logon Logoff...
  10. Logon and Logoff sounds not working.

Logon and Logoff sounds not working.: I've already done the registry changes to make these events show in the sounds / sounds window. Source: How to Change the Windows 10 Logoff, Logon, and Shutdown Sounds in Windows 10 I've assigned the custom sounds to them I've been using in W7 for years and the sounds...