Windows 10: Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution

Discus and support Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using the Microsoft credentials to log into my PC, and few weeks ago I wanted to change the password that I log into Windows with, so I went... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by McYoloSwag19, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution

Hi,

I'm using the Microsoft credentials to log into my PC, and few weeks ago I wanted to change the password that I log into Windows with, so I went to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and clicked the Change button under Change your account password.

This popped up a small window where I changed the Microsoft account password, but after some time when I restarted, the new password wasn't working. The old one did. Using Ctrl + Alt + Del doesn't give me a "Change password" option.

Today, I found the solution so I thought I'd share it here since I couldn't find it in the first Google ... *ahem* or Bing results.

It's pretty easy, just change the password again but right afterwards lock your PC by using Win key + L and type in the new password. For me it did the trick, I hope it'll do it for you too.

Windows 10, build 1809 (OS build 17763.253)

:)

McYoloSwag19, Jan 17, 2019

2. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 17, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Alan B Win User

Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution

Login password is NOT Microsoft account password

I came across a computer the other day running Windows 10 where the login was the Microsoft Account email address but the password was completely different to the Microsoft Account password. According to Settings when logged in the user was connected to
    his Microsoft Account and the computer was connected to the internet. The computer login password was a combination of letters and numbers so it was a password, not a PIN. I logged into the Microsoft account on another computer just to prove that what we
    thought was the Account password really was. But that password was not the same as the computer login password.

How is this possible?

Alan B, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution

1. Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution - Similar Threads - login password different

2. How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password?: How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-surface-laptop-password-different-from/1a514874-8add-46a9-8608-0d01e885b67a
  3. How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password?: How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-surface-laptop-password-different-from/1a514874-8add-46a9-8608-0d01e885b67a
  4. How to set Surface laptop password different from Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  6. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  7. set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    set startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password: Problem = my startup password is now the same as my Microsoft Account Password. This is to me a SECURITY issue. Solution I am looking for = how to set my startup password to be different from my Microsoft Account Password....
  8. Windows 10 Login Password uses previous password instead of new Microsoft Account Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Login Password uses previous password instead of new Microsoft Account Password: Hello, Is there a way to sync one's Microsoft account password with the device Windows 10 account password? My Windows 10 login password continues to use my previous Microsoft Account password after I changed it on Microsoft's website and synced with my computer. I have...
  9. Microsoft account login password error

Microsoft account login password error: I just got a new computer. I am unable to register this device with my Microsoft account or use it to log into Microsoft because while it accepts my correct password at the first stage, it always claims my password is incorrect at the next stage when it prompts me to enter my...
  10. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is microsoft and desktop password windows 10 different

2. windows password different then microsoft password

3. windows 10 pc password not the same as microsft account

4. password for microsoft same as login,
  5. is the Microsoft account password different to the windows password,
  6. why is a windows password different to my microsoft account,
  7. windows password and microsoft account password the same?,
  8. is microsoft account password the same as windows password,
  9. microsoft account connected to windows 10 diff pssword ,
  10. my pc signes in with a different password to my windows password,
  11. windows 10 sign in with windows account different password,
  12. is a windows password different to microsoft,
  13. windows 10 password different from microsoft account,
  14. different password window 10,
  15. is microsoft account password same as email password?