Windows 10: Windows 10 login password does not update

Discus and support Windows 10 login password does not update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I recieved a mail that an unexpected login to my microsoft account was detected from a foreign country. Thanks for the warning. Of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alabastine, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 login password does not update

Hello,
    Recently I recieved a mail that an unexpected login to my microsoft account was detected from a foreign country. Thanks for the warning.

Of course I immediately changed my password, also on directly related and important accounts. Thankfully I could still do this so I do not believe my account is in immediate danger anymore.
    However I use my microsoft account to login to windows 10, this password is UNCHANGED on both of my PCs, let me tell you how retarded this is:
    If I want to change my password in the security settings on the SAME PC, I have to enter my password to verify it's me. This does not accept the old password, only the new one, which is good. Then why can I still login with my old password?!?!?!
    I really need an answer on how to fix this, for all I know, my old password is known by some shady hackers which are closely watching my microsoft account and could theoretically acces my PC and specifically laptop as I use that on various public networks. Which is why I feel quite unsafe to even post this question, but I have to since I could not find an answer to this STUPID PROBLEM. I did found one post which said I had to use the "update" button underneath "change password" at sign-in options, however in my case this button does not exist (I problem I've had too often on windows 10, buttons I need that seem to be removed/don't exist).
    I am using windows 10 Pro, please help, would be nice.

:)

Alabastine, Dec 4, 2018

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Dec 4, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update ( bypassed password ).

Well windows update kicked in to day for the new creators update and by the end of the day found time to get it out of the way.

Apparently after the update it said it BS HI crap it bypassed the login password, well rebooted and password is still there but raises a question to me.

If MS can put some thing on your system that can bypass the loggin how it it any safer, to me it's like a backdoor they can use when ever they feel like.

On top of thatBefore deciding too update the system booted up all by it's own, now i have witnessed this while the system is in sleep mode ( not sure about hibernation ) but this being my main system it's always fully shutdown.

So is MS sending magic packets too system to wake them up for updates ?, and yeah i be checking the network card settings just in case.

AsRock, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Windows 10 login password does not update

Windows 10 slow invalid password verification

Hi Neil,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or network settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you logging in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    • Are you able to login to the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if you are able to login properly or not.

1. At login page, enter the password.

2. Then after entering the password, click on Eye icon which is present on the right side inside the password box. It will display the password entered.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with slow password verification in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 login password does not update

1. Windows 10 login password does not update - Similar Threads - login password does

2. Password box does not appear on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password box does not appear on login screen: I have four Dell Latitude 3520s with Windows 10, that are experiencing the issue of the password box not appearing when the computer wakes up from sleep mode. I would like to have a fix created for this issue. I have done the following steps but the issue is still present. I...
  3. Password box does not appear on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password box does not appear on login screen: I have four Dell Latitude 3520s with Windows 10, that are experiencing the issue of the password box not appearing when the computer wakes up from sleep mode. I would like to have a fix created for this issue. I have done the following steps but the issue is still present. I...
  4. Password box does not appear on login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer does not recognize windows login password: I know my windows account password but when I enter it I get a message that the password is. Not correct. I know it’s correct because I can login using it on another computer. Can’t use a windows recovery because no disk was created. Any way to get this computer to accept the...
  6. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer does not recognize windows login password: I know my windows account password but when I enter it I get a message that the password is. Not correct. I know it’s correct because I can login using it on another computer. Can’t use a windows recovery because no disk was created. Any way to get this computer to accept the...
  7. Computer does not recognize windows login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. WINDOWS 10 UPDATES: DISAPPEARING PASSWORDS/LOGINS, CREDENTIALING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATES: DISAPPEARING PASSWORDS/LOGINS, CREDENTIALING: Since August 2020, all saved passwords & log-ins have completely disappeared from browsers Edge v.86.0.622.38 & Opera v.71.0.3770.228 which update automatically -- no listings of saved anywhere in files; also use Firefox, no problem there. Outlook 2010 & Quickbooks Pro 2014...
  9. Windows does not recognize login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows does not recognize login password: I have a desktop PC Dell running Windows10. It is relatively new. I cannot get it to recognize an MS account to log in to windows Hello. It is messing up my updates, access to MS Store etc. I can't get anything. I have created new accounts, reset password multiple times,...
  10. Win 10 does not recognize login password -- freezes up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 does not recognize login password -- freezes up: Microsoft suggested that I download Win 10 and like a credulous fool I took them up on it. It took more than 24 hours while it "worked in the background" to install but finally this morning it said it was complete and ready. The new Win 10 login page says, "Hi there! Welcome...