Windows 10: Windows 10 Login Password uses previous password instead of new Microsoft Account Password

Discus and support Windows 10 Login Password uses previous password instead of new Microsoft Account Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Is there a way to sync one's Microsoft account password with the device Windows 10 account password? My Windows 10 login password continues... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rohoss, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Rohoss Win User

Windows 10 Login Password uses previous password instead of new Microsoft Account Password

Hello,

Is there a way to sync one's Microsoft account password with the device Windows 10 account password?

My Windows 10 login password continues to use my previous Microsoft Account password after I changed it on Microsoft's website and synced with my computer. I have to use the new password to login to my Microsoft account online, but when I lock my computer and try log back in using the Microsoft account password, Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Microsoft account password, but I am able to login using the previous Microsoft account password.

The Windows account settings show I am logging in with my Microsoft account.

I think the next time I change passwords will be from my computer instead of the Microsoft website. Maybe the passwords on the computer and web site will sync properly after doing so.

Thanks.

:)

Rohoss, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Rohoss Win User

Windows 10 Login Password uses previous password instead of new Microsoft Account Password

Hello,

Is there a way to sync one's Microsoft account password with the device Windows 10 account password?

My Windows 10 login password continues to use my previous Microsoft Account password after I changed it on Microsoft's website and synced with my computer. I have to use the new password to login to my Microsoft account online, but when I lock my computer
    and try log back in using the Microsoft account password, Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Microsoft account password, but I am able to login using the previous Microsoft account password.

The Windows account settings show I am logging in with my Microsoft account.

I think the next time I change passwords will be from my computer instead of the Microsoft website. Maybe the passwords on the computer and web site will sync properly after doing so.

Thanks.

Rohoss, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Login Password uses previous password instead of new Microsoft Account Password

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Login Password uses previous password instead of new Microsoft Account Password - Similar Threads - Login Password uses

2. Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?: When I open my computer, instead of the usual password, it shows a button that says "sign in". When I click on it, Microsoft opens, and says "Just a moment", and then requires my to log into my microsoft account. Then, windows wants me to add a pin I think it's a Windows...
  3. Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?: When I open my computer, instead of the usual password, it shows a button that says "sign in". When I click on it, Microsoft opens, and says "Just a moment", and then requires my to log into my microsoft account. Then, windows wants me to add a pin I think it's a Windows...
  4. Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Previous password for account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Previous password for account: To be specific, i mean local pc account, not online one. Basically, turned out some of my secured files (3rd party and also Outlook login data) were using my windows credentials/password as a key for access and since i changed my password recently, i am unable to read these...
  6. previous passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    previous passwords: I can not remember my previous password so i reset it. the problem is that apparently the previous password is my Dell Laptop Password as that was how it was setup. any chance on know what my prior passwords were?...
  7. Accessing previously used passwords in your microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accessing previously used passwords in your microsoft account: Am I able to access a list of previous passwords used for my Microsoft account? It is evident that they are stored in some form, as it will not allow you to set a password that has been used previously....
  8. Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?: Hi, Here is the case, I use RD Client all the time and accidentally I signed in using a someone else's computer yesterday and I strongly believe that I stored my credentials to connect to my computer. But today I wanted to change the account password so what I went...
  9. Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution: Hi, I'm using the Microsoft credentials to log into my PC, and few weeks ago I wanted to change the password that I log into Windows with, so I went to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and clicked the Change button under Change your account password. This popped up a...
  10. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft login with previous password