Windows 10: Windows 10 Login Problem (Keyboard Error - cannot key the numeric)

Discus and support Windows 10 Login Problem (Keyboard Error - cannot key the numeric) in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I login in windows 10, I cannot key in the numeric (1-10), after checking It was "!@#$%^&*()" instead of "1234567890. Then I plug in a external... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HM Tang, Nov 5, 2018.

1. HM Tang Win User

Windows 10 Login Problem (Keyboard Error - cannot key the numeric)

When I login in windows 10, I cannot key in the numeric (1-10), after checking It was "!@#$%^&*()" instead of "1234567890.

Then I plug in a external USB Keyboard, the problem still.

I also check the Keyboard driver, the driver date is 21/6/2006 (ver. 10.0.17134.1) so I update it, but it is the latest one.

Then I click the forget the password button in the login page, it display to ask the email login and the problem then I change the login password which without numeric.

When I typing a document, it sudden capital letter the keyboard and cannot change back small letter.

From the above, I want to ask is it a hardware problem or software/driver problem.

I am grateful if you could help me to solve the problem.

Thank you

HM Tang

:)

HM Tang, Nov 5, 2018
  2. HM Tang Win User

When I login in windows 10, I cannot key in the numeric (1-10), after checking It was "!@#$%^&*()" instead of "1234567890.

Then I plug in a external USB Keyboard, the problem still.

I also check the Keyboard driver, the driver date is 21/6/2006 (ver. 10.0.17134.1) so I update it, but it is the latest one.

Then I click the forget the password button in the login page, it display to ask the email login and the problem then I change the login password which without numeric.

When I typing a document, it sudden capital letter the keyboard and cannot change back small letter.

From the above, I want to ask is it a hardware problem or software/driver problem.

I am grateful if you could help me to solve the problem.

Thank you

HM Tang, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Raub LN Win User
    Numbers Keys On Numeric Keyboard Not working in Windows 10?

There is too much long complicated fussy information to weed though about this but I managed to take a suggestion from another thread for an HP user and fixed this problem with two keystrokes. I use a new Dell.

Press and hold the FN key then hold down the Numbers Lock key and I got my numbers keys on numeric key pad back working again instantly. I hope you can cut through all the long winded answers and you find this and it works for you as it did for me.

I don't understand why these experts can't find more simpler solutions... Most all the suggestions require many complicated steps and this one is not even suggested that I could find when searching under windows 10... Certainly nothing recent in searches
    came up and I searched on and off for two days. Maybe it's not much of a problem anymore?

Raub LN, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Login Problem (Keyboard Error - cannot key the numeric) - Similar Threads - Login Problem Keyboard

2. Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys in numeric pad are not working: I don't know why but 6 keys in numeric pad are not working4,5,6,/,*,- please help me how to fix this issue thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-in-numeric-pad-are-not-working/d16f4d07-74d3-4854-994f-c64c42deda79
  3. Sculpt keyboard keys are typed numerous times as if key was stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sculpt keyboard keys are typed numerous times as if key was stuck: Quite often, but not always. Some of the keys when pressed type multiple characters in. So for example if i press 't' once i get tttttttttttttttttttt until another key is pressed. Have installed Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre. Bluetooth settings power options are...
  4. USB numeric keyboard

USB numeric keyboard: The num lock on the auxiliary numeric key board locks the alpha keyboard as well. Impossible to use on spreadsheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-numeric-keyboard/fa3a5b27-75ef-408e-b84b-a6fa6f0e2b8b
  5. Del key on numeric keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Del key on numeric keyboard: I have a new HP laptop using Windows 10. When using the numeric keyboard I keep on getting a full stop when trying to use the del key. Can someone help me fix this? Thanks Claire McDevitt...
  6. numeric keyboard error

numeric keyboard error: since two weeks numeric keyboard showing error, when I type 7 it is type 79, also other numbers work same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numeric-keyboard-error/773ec80e-118d-4e32-b69b-9a57f05264c6
  7. Numerous problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous problems: did an update and when i woke up in the morning the computer was on the BSOD saying cant fix the issue. i have 2 issues the dang srt log, which i have seen numerous post about, and i also have ntoskrnl.exe issue. I cant figure out how to fix this. I have formatted and...
  8. Keyboard Numeric Pad

Keyboard Numeric Pad: Numeric Key Pad does not work for Numbers and that is true for 5 different Keyboards attempted. Some Wireless and some tethered. Must be a Win 10 glitch. Any Solutions?...
  9. Numerous problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous problems: Hi all, having lots of problems. Firstly windows update isn't working. Downloaded update repair and it stalled at 'starting bits services'. Tried to do a disk check but file explorer crashes. Email says settings are out of date, when I try to repair I get error...
  10. Numerous win 10 problems.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Numerous win 10 problems.: Hi all, having lots of problems. Firstly windows update isn't working. Downloaded update repair and it stalled at 'starting bits services'. Tried to do a disk check but file explorer crashes. Email says settings are out of date, when I try to repair I get error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows login problem keyboard keys \