Windows 10: Windows 10 login problem

Discus and support Windows 10 login problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please can anyone help me to resolve a login problem I have ? I recently found that Microsoft Edge wasn't opening on my PC when I clicked on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by andyman01, Feb 15, 2019.

1. andyman01 Win User

Windows 10 login problem

Please can anyone help me to resolve a login problem I have ?

I recently found that Microsoft Edge wasn't opening on my PC when I clicked on the icon, so I used Internet Explorer to access this

website and search for a solution to the problem.

It seems that quite a few people had been experiencing this problem and resolved it after following advice from

one of Microsoft Community's technical advisors.

The solution entailed selecting 'diagnostic startup' from the System Configuration menu, rebooting the PC, and then trying to open Microsoft Edge..

I decided to give it a try to see if it would work for me too, but this has unfortunately led to a very serious situation whereby I am no longer able to login to my PC, and therefore I am posting this question using my laptop instead.

For a very long time, I have logged into my PC using my Microsoft PIN.

However, when I restarted my PC in diagnostic mode, for some reason the login screen prompted me to input a password instead.

I tried inputting my Microsoft PIN but it came up with: 'The password is incorrect. Try again', and an OK box.

Unfortunately, it's so long ago that I used a password that I cannot remember what it was.

It also displayed a password hint, but this doesn't mean anything to me.

There was an option to reset the password, but this just brings up the Password Reset Wizard which requires a password reset disc, which I don't have.

There is no sign-in option displayed either, so I have no way to revert back to my usual login method using my Microsoft PIN.

Since then, I've tried the various troubleshooting options accessed by holding down the shift key whilst restarting My PC, but there appears to be no way of accessing Windows without entering the forgotten password.

Can someone help me to find a way of rebooting my PC in normal mode so that I can login using my Microsoft PIN ?

If not, it seems that my only option is to do a clean install of Windows 10 which will entail removing all of my personal files and settings.

I have already tried the option of keeping my files and resetting my PC, but it will not allow me to do this without entering the password for my Windows account.

Of course, I'm quite annoyed with myself for not remembering the password and for not creating a password reset disc.

What is even worse, is that I don't seem to be able to boot from my CDROM or USB flash drives either. I've changed the boot order in my PC's BIOS settings, but I just get a flashing cursor next to 'Boot from CD/DVD :'

Nothing happens when I hit a key on the keyboard.

:)

andyman01, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 login problem

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 login problem

1. Windows 10 login problem - Similar Threads - login problem

2. Problem with login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with login screen: Hello, I am reaching out to report an issue that has recently arisen with my laptop, which I have been using without any complications for approximately a year. However, this week, an unexpected message appeared during startup, “You’ve entered an incorrect PIN several times.”...
  3. Problem with login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with login screen: Hello, I am reaching out to report an issue that has recently arisen with my laptop, which I have been using without any complications for approximately a year. However, this week, an unexpected message appeared during startup, “You’ve entered an incorrect PIN several times.”...
  4. window microsoft login problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window microsoft login problem: there is problem after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-microsoft-login-problem/c3f1e3e7-4641-46b4-8cf6-e53c51f81357
  5. window microsoft login problem

window microsoft login problem: there is problem after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-microsoft-login-problem/c3f1e3e7-4641-46b4-8cf6-e53c51f81357
  6. login problem in one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login problem in one drive: when i am trying to sin=gn in one drive why otp not recieve i try 100 times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-problem-in-one-drive/6e4971c9-8d9e-40a4-85f3-83ca8907f421
  7. login problem in one drive

login problem in one drive: when i am trying to sin=gn in one drive why otp not recieve i try 100 times https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-problem-in-one-drive/6e4971c9-8d9e-40a4-85f3-83ca8907f421
  8. Windows 11 Pro Login Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Login Problems: It appears that I am encountering a login issue with my Windows 11 Pro desktop edition. Despite entering the correct password consistently for almost a month, today it is indicating that the password is incorrect. Additionally, I am unable to access safe mode. Attempts to...
  9. Windows 11 Pro Login Problems

Windows 11 Pro Login Problems: It appears that I am encountering a login issue with my Windows 11 Pro desktop edition. Despite entering the correct password consistently for almost a month, today it is indicating that the password is incorrect. Additionally, I am unable to access safe mode. Attempts to...
  10. Problem: Not able to login Power automate Desktop

Problem: Not able to login Power automate Desktop: System: Window 11, 64 bit. Downloaded from Microsoft app store and installed. After entering my ID error was displayed "...try later..." repeatedly. I work fine before one week. I have tried to discuss on chat help from Microsoft they tried but failed and suggested to post on...