Windows 10: windows 10 login problem

Discus and support windows 10 login problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My wifes laptop runs win 10. unsure of version because she changed her login password and now it is unrecognized and the only prompt is "reset... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RobJohnson6, May 14, 2019 at 7:37 PM.

1. windows 10 login problem

My wifes laptop runs win 10. unsure of version because she changed her login password and now it is unrecognized and the only prompt is "reset password" and if that is selected, it requires a recovery thumb drive (which we do not have).

I cannot change users (although there are two identically named accounts listed as account choices)

I need to get an admin login or a way to reset her login password from the initial windows 10 initial login.

I've tried shut down and fn 8 when it is booting... i've tried "start plus R" and "start plus x"

Please help.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

4. Nordic Win User

windows 10 login problem

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Thema:

windows 10 login problem

1. windows 10 login problem - Similar Threads - login problem

2. Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems: I have an older laptop that has not been used in a few years that needs to get back into service. Password was lost. I reset the MS account login pass word through the process on the laptops log in screen. I can log into the MS acct on a different computer just fine but...
  3. i have problem with SQL server management studio login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i have problem with SQL server management studio login: i have a problem with SQL login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-sql-server-management-studio/2700ae07-851b-4cc2-ad64-0a3b2f7e97f7
  4. Windows 10 login problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 login problems: After yesterday's update I have run into issues logging into my computer. The first several times I tried to turn it on, it would be very laggy in recognizing input from my KB+M (I would type or click and it would register all at once 45 seconds later). Eventually this...
  5. OneDrive login problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive login problem: Hi there My name is István Balogh. My problem is, on my DELL laptop, with Windows 10pro, I can not log into my OneDrive account. Simply if I click to the login button it does not do anything. I am trying this about a week but it is not working. Can you help me to login? I...
  6. login problems to a web site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    login problems to a web site: I have a consistent problem logging into a web site & keep getting an error message with IDX10311 Is it a problem with my laptop or the remote server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-problems-to-a-web-site/c933a960-ec17-46ca-a43b-24273231fd66
  7. Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem: Hi I'm having some problems with my Windows 10 Pro (x64) I'm having this problem for a couple of days now. Task bar problems: 1. Pinned icons not showing 2. System icons like Baterry, Wi Fi, Language icons not showing in the bottom right corner of the task bar where the...
  8. Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) Task bar problems and Black screen after login problem: I'm having some problems with my Windows 10 Pro (x64) this is the second day that I'm having these problems Task bar problems: 1. Pinned icons not showing 2. System icons like Baterry, Wi Fi, Language icons not showing in the bottom right corner of the task bar where the...
  9. Windows 10 login problem

Windows 10 login problem: Please can anyone help me to resolve a login problem I have ? I recently found that Microsoft Edge wasn't opening on my PC when I clicked on the icon, so I used Internet Explorer to access this website and search for a solution to the problem. It seems that quite a few...
  10. Login Problems: PIN is not available

Login Problems: PIN is not available: There is an ongoing problem with Windows 10 when logging in. After providing my PIN number I get a message that says "your PIN is not available." I then am given an option to re-set my PIN. Starting this process I'm asked for my password, which is accepted. Then I'm...