Windows 10: Windows 10 login problems on Think Pad

Discus and support Windows 10 login problems on Think Pad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On a trip, while logging on one morning the pc showed a brownish page and wanted me to login through my gmail account instead of the usual windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Berto11, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Berto11 Win User

Windows 10 login problems on Think Pad

On a trip, while logging on one morning the pc showed a brownish page and wanted me to login through my gmail account instead of the usual windows login page with PIN login. I was reluctant suspecting something fishy. I tried to do a restore on boot up and keep getting directed to a page titled "Reset this PC" with a request to enter a recovery key. I have no idea what this is. The page additionally directs me to "aka.ms/recoverykeyfaq" to get this which turns out to be a pay software sight?.I get directed to this page for every reset option I choose i.e. Troubleshoot/Advanced OptionsT

:)

Berto11, Sep 25, 2022

2. Windows 10 upgrade -Touch pad not working after login/restart

Hi,

I tried the steps suggested by you. The issue however still persists. I have also installed the latest drivers from Dell website. No resolution to the problem however.You have mentioned to install the latest windows updates.I keep updating them as and when
    prompted.How to instal windows 10 updates manually? can you let me know?The mouse however works fine after login or restart. The touch pad also works fine after a key on the keyboard is pressed. Do you suspect any problem with the touchpad? Pleaselet me know
    further action required

venkateswaranramamoorthy, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 login problems on Think Pad - Similar Threads - login problems Pad

2. Lenovo think pad windows 10 stop auto zooming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo think pad windows 10 stop auto zooming: Think Pad 10 How to stop Auto Zoom not related to the Mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-think-pad-windows-10-stop-auto-zooming/fcd22142-3a61-4fc4-8c6e-efb4a72390a7
  3. Lenovo think pad windows 10 stop auto zooming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo think pad windows 10 stop auto zooming: Think Pad 10 How to stop Auto Zoom not related to the Mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-think-pad-windows-10-stop-auto-zooming/fcd22142-3a61-4fc4-8c6e-efb4a72390a7
  4. Lenovo think pad windows 10 stop auto zooming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad

Mahjong and Sudoku not working on Lenovo Think Pad: Why do I receive this message on Lenovo Think Pad? Microsoft Sudoku is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001. Sudoku works fine on my Dell laptop. Both...
  6. Windows 10 login problems on Think Pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login problems on Think Pad: On a trip, while logging on one morning the pc showed a brownish page and wanted me to login through my gmail account instead of the usual windows login page with PIN login. I was reluctant suspecting something fishy. I tried to do a restore on boot up and keep getting...
  7. Windows 10 login problems on Think Pad

Windows 10 login problems on Think Pad: On a trip, while logging on one morning the pc showed a brownish page and wanted me to login through my gmail account instead of the usual windows login page with PIN login. I was reluctant suspecting something fishy. I tried to do a restore on boot up and keep getting...
  8. Lenovo think pad edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo think pad edge: How to fix the display showing pink screen on lenovo think pad edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-think-pad-edge/b7ee4ccd-1db8-4401-8e3c-1bd35ca28448
  9. Lenovo think pad edge

Lenovo think pad edge: How to fix the display showing pink screen on lenovo think pad edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-think-pad-edge/b7ee4ccd-1db8-4401-8e3c-1bd35ca28448
  10. Lenovo Think Pad Pen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Think Pad Pen: My pen on my Lenovo Think Pad no longer works. Also when I track my device it pings it from a place I visited over a year ago. I have my location settings set for on so I'm not sure why it is not tracking my current location....