Windows 10: Windows 10 login problems

Discus and support Windows 10 login problems in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, my friends computer recently started getting stuck after inputting the password on the login window. It says preparing windows and does not move... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Larhleolynx, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Windows 10 login problems

Hi, my friends computer recently started getting stuck after inputting the password on the login window. It says preparing windows and does not move from there. I have tried using the Startup repair function which fails. I have tridd using system restore but it was never turned on.. I've also tried chkdsk which said it repaired some problems but the situation persists. I moved onto trying sfc /scannow which will only verify and say there are errors but refuses to fix them. I've tried using DISM as well but I keep getting error 1 incorrect function. What can I do to remedy this problem? They only have 1 user account and I cannot log into it, even in safemode. Please help.

:)

Larhleolynx, Apr 9, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Apr 9, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
  5. I've logged into the administrator account now. Thanks a lot.

However there is just a black desktop, no icons, no system tray or task bar.

Larhleolynx, Apr 9, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Create a new local user account, change the account type to administrator, log in to the newly create user account and disable the built-in administrator account. Then you can try in-place repair upgrade:

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2016
  7. By using the task manager I was able to open cmd and run chkdsk /f and sfc /scannow followed by dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. About half way through the dism task, the proper desktop appeared, however the windows button does not work, nor can I access anything in the system tray or date/time. Using cmd I went into control panel to attempt making a new user profile. However the manage accounts client goes non responsive when I try to add a new user account. Any way to fix this?

Larhleolynx, Apr 9, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 login problems

Try using NETPLWIZ to add a new local user administrator account

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2016
  9. Hey thanks for your help so far, I appreciate it

I successfully setup a new admin account using Netplwiz, and disabled the hidden admin account. Logged into the new account, which has the same issues as the old account unfortunately. When trying to ru the Windows 10 USB tool, after the splash screen, I get,'setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and try running Windows 10 Setup again.' Which I have tried multiple times to no avail...

Any ideas? Thanks!

Larhleolynx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 login problems

1. Windows 10 login problems - Similar Threads - login problems

2. Windows 11 login problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 login problem.: I installed the incorrect memory into my Dell Precision 5820 and got the beep code. I removed the memory and placed the original memory back in and now when I login to my main account, Microsoft account where i am a Admin, the screen blanks to black and it returns me to the...
  3. Windows 11 login problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 login problem.: I installed the incorrect memory into my Dell Precision 5820 and got the beep code. I removed the memory and placed the original memory back in and now when I login to my main account, Microsoft account where i am a Admin, the screen blanks to black and it returns me to the...
  4. Problems with Login On Desktop PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Login On Desktop PCs: Good Day to everybodySince we changed computers we have on those computers problem with userprofile-service In Windows 11. When a user is starting the computer and tries to login he get the message "Fehler bei Anmeldung des Dienstes Benutzerprofildienst. Das Benutzerprofi...
  5. Problems with Login On Desktop PCs

Problems with Login On Desktop PCs: Good Day to everybodySince we changed computers we have on those computers problem with userprofile-service In Windows 11. When a user is starting the computer and tries to login he get the message "Fehler bei Anmeldung des Dienstes Benutzerprofildienst. Das Benutzerprofi...
  6. Bottom of screen is not working properly. Problem not seen at login screen or when screenshot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bottom of screen is not working properly. Problem not seen at login screen or when screenshot.: Hello!I´ve recently experienced issues with the bottom part of my screen as seen with the attached picture. I don´t see this at the login screen and also when I try to screenshot it the image I get is OK too. Had to take a picture with my phone to show the issue. Sometimes it...
  7. Problem with login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with login screen: Hello, I am reaching out to report an issue that has recently arisen with my laptop, which I have been using without any complications for approximately a year. However, this week, an unexpected message appeared during startup, “You’ve entered an incorrect PIN several times.”...
  8. Problem with login screen

Problem with login screen: Hello, I am reaching out to report an issue that has recently arisen with my laptop, which I have been using without any complications for approximately a year. However, this week, an unexpected message appeared during startup, “You’ve entered an incorrect PIN several times.”...
  9. window microsoft login problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window microsoft login problem: there is problem after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-microsoft-login-problem/c3f1e3e7-4641-46b4-8cf6-e53c51f81357
  10. window microsoft login problem

window microsoft login problem: there is problem after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-microsoft-login-problem/c3f1e3e7-4641-46b4-8cf6-e53c51f81357