Windows 10: Windows 10 login screen after sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 login screen after sleep in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After sleep I am shown a login screen the one with picture * The computer have a local account. * No password. No box to uncheck in accounts.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Simen S., Jan 20, 2021.

1. Simen S. Win User

Windows 10 login screen after sleep

After sleep I am shown a login screen the one with picture

* The computer have a local account.

* No password.

No box to uncheck in accounts.

No screen saver, and also the box for show login screen is unchecked.

Settings ->>Sign in options does not show anything I can check/ un-check related to sign in automatically.

I have googled a lot, and no luck.

And, yes it started after an updated was installed now in January.

:)

Simen S., Jan 20, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 blue screens after waking from sleep.

Steps to that cause this problem:

• Allowing windows to sleep.
    • Waking once, logging in.
    • Allowing it to sleep once more.
    • Wait for some time like 2 hours.
    • Try to login again.
    After all these steps my laptop Dell Vostro 3546, stops responding on the login screen, no inputs will be taken and then Blue screens by saying Critical_Store_Exception. I have collected some crash dumps and posted it here: CrashDumps.

Blue Screen View says that the BSOD happened because of something went wrong with the ntoskrnl.exe, address ntoskrnl+142760, file version of ntoskrnl.exe is "10.0.10586.306 (th2_release_sec.160422-1850)".

Aniruddha S Prasad, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Windows 10 login screen after sleep

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 login screen after sleep

1. Windows 10 login screen after sleep - Similar Threads - login screen sleep

2. Windows 11 PC wont wake after sleeping in login screen, works normally if sleeps in windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC wont wake after sleeping in login screen, works normally if sleeps in windows...: When my computer goes to sleep normally the lights on my keyboard and mouse turn off, but when it sleeps while it is on the login screen like if I accidentally woke it from sleep with my keyboard but didn't login it leaves the lights on the keyboard and mouse on but turns off...
  3. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  4. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  5. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation: I have my desktop set up to boot directly into Windows when starting up, that is, no password. I would like to have the same behavior when I restart after sleep or hibernation, but I can't find a way to do that. 173844
  7. Win 10 goes into login screen after sleep

Win 10 goes into login screen after sleep: Build 17763: Suddenly this Dell XPS 8930 goes into the login screen after coming out of sleep. One click and I'm back into Windows. The problem is that any backup programs that I've scheduled to run in the middle of the night will no longer start since the login screen...
  8. windows 10 grey screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 grey screen after sleep: I get a grey screen after waking my laptop up after sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-grey-screen-after-sleep/3ea0b01d-794d-49e2-a831-35209967b9d9
  9. windows 10 log in screen does not have a place to login after sleep

windows 10 log in screen does not have a place to login after sleep: After I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 I have a strange problem. After my laptop sits over night when I go to use it in the morning, when I shake my mouse or hit a button so I can log in all I can see is the Windows start screen but not the circle with my profile photos or...
  10. Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?: Hi, I've run into a wide variety of similar issues by searching but none specifically like the one I have, so sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned. This problem started after the Creators Update. Anytime my system goes into sleep mode (I'm on a laptop so...