Windows 10: windows 10 login screen does not show / display turns off

Discus and support windows 10 login screen does not show / display turns off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After getting a bluescreen while launching firefox (no no noticable relation to any driver stuff) windows doesn't start correctly anymore. I get BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jema2938, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Jema2938 Win User

windows 10 login screen does not show / display turns off

After getting a bluescreen while launching firefox (no no noticable relation to any driver stuff) windows doesn't start correctly anymore.

I get BIOS POST, bitlocker, windows logo with dots animation and then the screen goes black. After some seconds, the display turns off. The same happens in safe mode, low resolution mode and some other boot options from recovery.

After some testing (and even unnecessarily 'fixing' bootloader etc) I found out that it is in fact starting windows and the login screen is there, it is just not visible. When I enable narrator it starts reading the login screen. After login blindly, I get the normal startup sounds, can hear when I plugin a USB device etc. So everything is working except the screen.

I've already tested to remove my dedicated graphics card (geforce 1060) and using the iGPU (intel 8700k) instead without any difference. I've also tried to boot without any display attached and plug it in after logging in. When pluging in a display, it turns on from standby and shows black screen, after some seconds it returns to standby again.

So it doesn't sound like a hardware issue to me. On the other hand, the normal software/driver solution for me would be: boot safe mode, uninstall graphics driver, which is also not possible. I think, if it would be a nvidia driver issue, it should work on the iGPU in safe mode at least.

Does anyone have an idea whats going on and what else I could try to get it back working?

:)

Jema2938, Jan 13, 2019
  2. vgkfan83 Win User

How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

1. Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously to open the Run box. Type cmd and press Enter.
    2. When the Command Prompt window opens, type query user and press Enter. It will list all users that are currently logged on your computer.

vgkfan83, Jan 13, 2019
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Jan 13, 2019
  4. nsmth Win User

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 login screen does not show / display turns off - Similar Threads - login screen does

2. Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login: <vent> Every time I use my drawing tablet, Windows decides I need the on-screen keyboard when logging in (even though the tablet is disconnected, and the computer has been fully shut down). I turn if off. It comes back the next time I use the tablet. One of the recent...
  3. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  4. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  5. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 laptop Turn off/on display asking for login.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 laptop Turn off/on display asking for login.: we are using windows 10 laptop. we enabled settings turn off display after particular time. but when laptop screen get turn off then I try to turn on it is asking me for login. because PC get locked. similar settings we done in Windows 7 but such issue not come in windows 7...
  7. Cant turn off windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant turn off windows login screen: Did a fresh install of Win10 the other week, for some reason I am unable to disable the Windows 10 login screen. Before it was as simple as going into netplwiz and disabling it from there. I have tried going into regedit as well and following the methods via that way....
  8. Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...: My Windows 10 lenovo turns off and on automatically. First it shows 'preparing automatic repair' but turns off again before anything comes up. A few times Windows repair blue screen comes up but before I can pick any option it turns off again. At times i also manage to get...
  9. Windows 10 20H1, turn off the display does not work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 20H1, turn off the display does not work.: Windows 10 20H1, turn off the display does not work. No matter how long 1 to 5 minutes vídeo does not turn off. Custom power plan , or default same problem, any help? [img] [img] [img] 151147
  10. Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?: I recently heard that one of the next updates will remove passwords and push facial recognition. I can't even list the many reasons why I don't want that. So I want to shut the log-in screen off altogether if I can't use just a password. I don't know how to, though, because...