Windows 10: Windows 10 - Login Screen Issue - Shutdown prompt gone

Discus and support Windows 10 - Login Screen Issue - Shutdown prompt gone in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had to reinstall Windows 10 Home on my laptop. The Login Screen no longer has the prompt for "Sleep - Restart - Shutdown". It does have "Ease of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JLingenfelder, May 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Login Screen Issue - Shutdown prompt gone

I had to reinstall Windows 10 Home on my laptop.

The Login Screen no longer has the prompt for "Sleep - Restart - Shutdown". It does have "Ease of Access" and "Internet". So, I have to be logged in to shutdown the laptop.

How to get back the missing prompts?

:)

JLingenfelder, May 22, 2019
  2. prbigo91 Win User

No login prompt at login screen

I may have a solution that has worked for me.
    Over a month ago, I started having the problem with the login prompt and user not showing up on the login screen. This occurred both on the screen saver lock and when I would boot my computer from a shutdown. When I would Restart my computer, the login would show up to log into Windows, but after this, I would again encounter the login not showing up when my computer would lock from the screen saver or if I did a shutdown or put my computer to sleep.

As this kept on happening, I did notice that my shutdown would do something weird and my boot-up from a shutdown would not do a proper startup. I was researching all options I could find with this problem and could not find a solution. Nonetheless, I kept on running the "sfc /scannow" with no errors, did registry cleanups, uninstalled and reinstalled all my Bluetooth and wireless drivers, etc. The uninstall and reinstall of the wireless drivers temporarily fixed it, but it would immediately go back to the missing login.

I then decided to try stopping the fast boot, given the corky shutdowns and boot-ups. After I turned off the fast boot, this seemed to stop the missing login, in both the boot-up from a full shutdown and when I would lock my computer while it was in Windows. And to add to this, the black screen when I would lock my computer went away and started showing my screen image again.

To stop the fast boot, click on this link for step by step instructions. Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

I hope this works for others who are having this problem.

prbigo91, May 22, 2019
  3. No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

Windows 10 - Login Screen Issue - Shutdown prompt gone [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, May 22, 2019
  4. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 - Login Screen Issue - Shutdown prompt gone

Windows 10 just re-logins upon shutdown

Hi guys so W10 just re-logins upon when I try to shutdown so I just simply restart then when BIOS screen appears I shutdown but what's the cause for this? I have no Viruses/Malware

Ok so upon further searching...

rk3066, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Login Screen Issue - Shutdown prompt gone

1. Windows 10 - Login Screen Issue - Shutdown prompt gone - Similar Threads - Login Screen Issue

2. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  3. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  4. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Login Prompt Gone Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login Prompt Gone Missing: [ATTACH] I started up my computer today and the login screen has now default to the basic Windows blue (different from the usual login wallpaper you would see), and that pressing spacebar/pulling up would no longer show any kind of login prompt. Multiple restarts, forced...
  6. no password prompt at login screen - windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    no password prompt at login screen - windows 10: no password prompt at login screen - windows 10 - I can't log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-password-prompt-at-login-screen-windows-10/82cad577-df95-4d93-9d93-a30e53209884
  7. Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10: Hello, I am using windows 10 but I forgot my login password. I need to open the Command Prompt but I don't have any bootable file to repair. Is there any key/short key that will open Command Prompt when my pc is locked and without repairing from boot. Like - f2,...
  8. No login prompt at login screen

No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  9. Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen

Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen: I'm having trouble with my computer. As of lately, when I boot up my PC, I will get to the normal screen where it will show the time and date. When I do anything to get to the password prompt, such as pressing space, it will show a blank screen with my background image but no...
  10. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....