Windows 10: Windows 10 login screen not allowing one Microsoft account user a text box to enter password

Discus and support Windows 10 login screen not allowing one Microsoft account user a text box to enter password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi,I'm have an user on my computer that I linked to a Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I had no password for this user when I linked the account, and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ScottKeller4, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 login screen not allowing one Microsoft account user a text box to enter password

Hi,I'm have an user on my computer that I linked to a Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I had no password for this user when I linked the account, and put the computer to sleep before this was accomplished.After that, when trying to sign on as that user, the login screen does not display a text box to enter the password, or allow any way to change it. The screen simply has the Microsoft picture I created for the account with a "Sign in" link, but when I click it, it does not let me in.I tried a lot of things, including unfortunately? deleting that computer from my Microsoft account, on the

:)

ScottKeller4, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Windows 10 login screen Showing me to enter Username & Password both in the box.

Hi,

To remove your login screen on Windows 10, kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • A new window labeled as User Accounts will appear, listing all user accounts. Click on your user account and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Enter your account password and click OK.
    • Reboot your PC and check if your new settings has been saved.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 4, 2021
  3. User accounts / login screen

Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related.

I am using Windows 10 version 1909.

Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows.

I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login under power and sleep settings.

I am still asked to login when I start windows. I suspect this is because there are two user accounts.

One user account is just user, which is what I use. The other is my name, John, which I must have set up when I was installing windows and I don't remember the password for.

I tried to delete the John account so it would just login automatically to the user account, but when I go under user accounts after typing in systempropertiesadvanced under the run command, I don't see this "John" account.

So in short, I have done all the things that a simple google search would suggest for me to disable the logon screen following a restart, but to no avail. I suspect this is because of a second user account for which I don't know the password, but I can't seem to find this account anywhere to delete it.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your time!

greenevening, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Windows 10 login screen not allowing one Microsoft account user a text box to enter password

Windows 10 user login screen

I know you want to get into Safe Mode, but for verification, are you able to sign-in with the changed Microsoft account password on the PC?

In option 4, step 8 of Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
    Did you get the

Windows 10 login screen not allowing one Microsoft account user a text box to enter password [​IMG]

Following that step 9
    You can now sign in to Windows 10 and your devices with your Microsoft account using the new password.
    --- Can you now sign in with the new password?
    --- If not, what message do you get?

MeAndMyComputer, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 login screen not allowing one Microsoft account user a text box to enter password

1. Windows 10 login screen not allowing one Microsoft account user a text box to enter password - Similar Threads - login screen allowing

2. No Password Box on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Password Box on Login Screen: I have a windows login and so does my daughter. She was logging on when she shouldn't so I went into the settings and blocked her from being about to log in. Best part is that now I can not remember er what I did to undo it. When on the sign in screen, no box comes up to...
  3. No Password Box on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Password Box on Login Screen: I have a windows login and so does my daughter. She was logging on when she shouldn't so I went into the settings and blocked her from being about to log in. Best part is that now I can not remember er what I did to undo it. When on the sign in screen, no box comes up to...
  4. Password box disappeared on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password box disappeared on Login Screen: My login box has disappeared on one of my computers. I have recreated the user account restarted the computer, and even ran Windows updates, but the issue is still present. I had an identical issue on one of my other computer, and the user account recreation worked, but in...
  5. Login Screen Password Box Text Input

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Screen Password Box Text Input: I can sign into my computer at the login screen. However, when I type letters into the password input box it doesn't show that I am typing anything. When I type numbers it does show the little circles indicating that I have typed something. If I just type in my password, it...
  6. Login Screen Password Box Text Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Screen Password Box Text Input: I can sign into my computer at the login screen. However, when I type letters into the password input box it doesn't show that I am typing anything. When I type numbers it does show the little circles indicating that I have typed something. If I just type in my password, it...
  7. Login Screen Password Box Text Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. In the login Screen: No password text box available

In the login Screen: No password text box available: In the login Screen: It is showing only username, OK button and "entered wrong password" message. No password text box available, there is no 1 power button, 2 easy of access button 3 Internet buttons i have only one option ..ie, to click OK button..But nothing...
  9. text boxes not allowing imput

text boxes not allowing imput: Unable to fill in any information required in Text Boxes on internet forms. Just resting the curser in a text box will delete the web site. HELP Have spent 6 hrs researching problem, Im not even close. Not long ago up graded to Windows 10. Just discovered that some how...
  10. Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Enter Password in Login Screen: Split from this thread. PHYSICAL LENOVO KEYBOARD SET TO US ENG....EXACTLY THE SAME AS BEFORE UPGRADE Moderator Note for Clarification: Unable to enter password to login to Windows. This happens after upgrade...