Windows 10: Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option

Discus and support Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm currently building a Windows 10 LTSC computer to be used as an offline device. The device is set up with two local accounts on it - the super... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Pouncing Lynx, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option

I'm currently building a Windows 10 LTSC computer to be used as an offline device.

The device is set up with two local accounts on it - the super user and the normal user. I need to have fast user switching disabled and I want to set it up so that users must type in the relevant username each time the computer turns on.

To do this, I've enabled the group policies for "Hide entry points for Fast User Switching" and " Interactive Logon: Do not display last username".

For some reason when I start or reboot the computer, the initial sign-in screen does not show the "Other User" login prompt requiring me to enter in the username and password, it only shows the last user that was logged onto the computer and I have no option but to log in as that user. I also cannot find any option to change the logon to a different user at the initial login screen.

If I log out of the current user from the desktop, then the correct "Other User" sign-in screen appears. This issue only seems to affect the sign-in screen when the computer first boots.

Can anyone please offer me some advice on what I need to do to make the “Other User” login prompt appear at the initial sign-in screen?

:)

Pouncing Lynx, Nov 12, 2020
  2. PatVax Win User

Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing

Hello,

Like the topic stands, my Windows 10 login screen doesn't show the option to type in username and password instead of just choosing the username I want to log on to. I was able to enable the other user login but by doing so I can only log in through the
    other user prompt without a list of existing accounts. I did it by enabling "Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in" in the group policy. However it is not exactly what I am trying to achieve.

I have seen Windows 10 devices where the user was able to login through selecting a user from a list and providing a password. On this devices in the list of known users there was the "other user" option which is missing on my PC. This devices probably where
    part of a domain which possibly enables the "other user" option but I am interested in achieving the same thing without a domain. Is this possible?

I am running Windows 10 2004 Education Edition.

I have an activated administrator account that I can us and log on into.

No problems logging in whatsoever, neither with user list nor with the other user prompt.

To put it my issue in simple words to summarise, I want a login screen where I have the usual list of available users along with the other user option.

I hope this description is clear enough.

Thank you in advance to anyone who might have a solution

PatVax, Nov 12, 2020
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Nov 12, 2020
  4. fdm2000 Win User

Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option

Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option

1. Windows 10 Login Screen Not Showing "Other User" Option - Similar Threads - Login Screen Showing

2. Other users not showing in user section of login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other users not showing in user section of login screen: When adding other users to the device, it does not show the users i added to the login screen. I tried restarting and all of that stuff. I cannot figure out why it will not show....
  3. Other users not showing in user section of login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other users not showing in user section of login screen: When adding other users to the device, it does not show the users i added to the login screen. I tried restarting and all of that stuff. I cannot figure out why it will not show....
  4. Other users not showing in user section of login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Other users are not showing on login screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other users are not showing on login screen in Windows 11: Hi all,I bought a new laptop. It has installed Win11 in it after following instructions. Win11 21H2 OS build 22000.556I created a new family user with admin permissions and one local user without microsoft id with admin permissions. For the first time, they were displayed in...
  6. Other users are not showing on login screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other users are not showing on login screen in Windows 11: Hi all,I bought a new laptop. It has installed Win11 in it after following instructions. Win11 21H2 OS build 22000.556I created a new family user with admin permissions and one local user without microsoft id with admin permissions. For the first time, they were displayed in...
  7. Other users not showing on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other users not showing on login screen: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10, and added a second user with admin privileges. Now this second user doesn't show up on the login screen, and so I can't login to that user. How do I fix this?...
  8. Need to add the Other User option at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to add the Other User option at login screen: I am using two LOCAL Windows 10 accounts on a STANDALONE laptop. One for Admin and one for Limited account. I know the image below are for a domain joined machine, but how can I achieve to show my Limited username account and one showing as Other User on the below left-hand...
  9. Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing

Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing: Hello, Like the topic stands, my Windows 10 login screen doesn't show the option to type in username and password instead of just choosing the username I want to log on to. I was able to enable the other user login but by doing so I can only log in through the other user...
  10. ‎"Other user" option is missing from Login Screen

‎"Other user" option is missing from Login Screen: So this morning I have installed a new Windows 10 on a Laptop. And after Windows 10 installation, I install my O365 software to this laptop and connect my work account with this Laptop then enable Ctrl+Alt+Del Login. Then after that I reboot the Laptop, an after I press...