Windows 10: Windows 10 Login Screen Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Login Screen Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We have an HP ProOne Elite PC with an unusual problem. After starting up and coming to the logon screen, the username and password line don't respond... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rvolkman, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Rvolkman Win User

Windows 10 Login Screen Problem

We have an HP ProOne Elite PC with an unusual problem. After starting up and coming to the logon screen, the username and password line don't respond (or barely respond) to the keyboard input. The line may accept a character or two but is otherwise unresponsive. Connecting to the PC using RDP does NOT have any problem with login, so it appears to be the login screen itself. We've not seen anything like that. We've tried removing recent MS updates, running SFC, etc., with no change.

It looks like the PC may have to be reinstalled, but we would like to avoid that. Any advice? The Win10 version is 1909.

Thanks,

Ron Volkman

:)

Rvolkman, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 17, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Login Screen Problem

Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Login Screen Problem

1. Windows 10 Login Screen Problem - Similar Threads - Login Screen Problem

2. Problem with login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with login screen: Hello, I am reaching out to report an issue that has recently arisen with my laptop, which I have been using without any complications for approximately a year. However, this week, an unexpected message appeared during startup, “You’ve entered an incorrect PIN several times.”...
  3. Problems with Login Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Login Screens: Greetings,I have a little problem.Whenever I try clicking on login screen on windows settings or apps it appears for 0,1 seconds and then dissapears instantly.I don't know how to fix this or what to do.Attached some screenshots what do I mean by login screens....
  4. Problems with Login Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Login Screens: Greetings,I have a little problem.Whenever I try clicking on login screen on windows settings or apps it appears for 0,1 seconds and then dissapears instantly.I don't know how to fix this or what to do.Attached some screenshots what do I mean by login screens....
  5. Windows 10 screen problem before login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 screen problem before login: I have one problem with my Asus Windows 10 laptop every time I turn it on, a black screen appears, then a blue screen appears a black screen lasts about 1-2 minutes while a blue screen lasts 10 seconds, it all happens before the screen for login. My laptop has all the latest...
  6. Windows 10 screen problem before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 screen problem before login: I have one problem with my Asus Windows 10 laptop every time I turn it on, a black screen appears, then a blue screen appears a black screen lasts about 1-2 minutes while a blue screen lasts 10 seconds, it all happens before the screen for login. My laptop has all the latest...
  7. Windows 10 screen problem before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows login screen problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows login screen problem: every time i enter my password on the login screen the screen goes black for a little bit then restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-login-screen-problem/44de23a3-efb6-462d-81dc-5aa8bc182916
  9. Windows 10 Login Screen Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Login Screen Problem: We have an HP ProOne Elite PC with an unusual problem. After starting up and coming to the logon screen, the username and password line don't respond (or barely respond) to the keyboard input. The line may accept a character or two but is otherwise unresponsive. Connecting to...
  10. login screen problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    login screen problem: The log in screen comes up perfectly with picture, time date, network symbol etc. Pressing any key presents the password box as expected, however When I attempt to enter a password the PW box flashes off and the screen goes back to original. the same is true if I try to...