Windows 10: Windows 10 login screen saying "Password is incorrect" after installing update

Discus and support Windows 10 login screen saying "Password is incorrect" after installing update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. After I installed the new update, tried logging into Windows 10, but it says that my password is incorrect. I have NOT forgotten the password,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fallen, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Fallen Win User

Windows 10 login screen saying "Password is incorrect" after installing update

Hello. After I installed the new update, tried logging into Windows 10, but it says that my password is incorrect. I have NOT forgotten the password, as I have used it for a very long time. I have tried using the virtual keyboard -- password still does not work.Used multiple keyboards to make sure all keys were working -- still does not work.Double-checked to see if CAPS LOCK was engaged -- it was not and the password still does not work.I have tried to uninstall the latest update, but it requires a password -- which does not work.I have tried to uninstall latest quality features, b

:)

Fallen, Apr 24, 2021
  2. zentrobi Win User

win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent update(wouldn't let us because of missing ownership) so she logged out and when she wanted to login again then it would say "welcome" for around 10-15sec and then say " incorrect password" and now we are stuck at this not knowing what todo. we've tryed to boot it into safe mode, but that requires a password today, the recovery, go back to previus state, opening cmd, basicly every option requires a login(wich again is not possibel) so anyone who have any suggestions?

zentrobi, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 24, 2021
  4. Windows 10 login screen saying "Password is incorrect" after installing update

Can't login to my Windows 10 computer - incorrect password is correct.

JackAllenST, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 login screen saying "Password is incorrect" after installing update

1. Windows 10 login screen saying "Password is incorrect" after installing update - Similar Threads - login screen saying

2. Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.: Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login. This is my office login, it works on another computer with same login. Tried many times, can't use safe mode, bit locker is asking for recovery key, which i don't have. No other option change change login/pwd...
  3. Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.: Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login. This is my office login, it works on another computer with same login. Tried many times, can't use safe mode, bit locker is asking for recovery key, which i don't have. No other option change change login/pwd...
  4. I can't login after updating my window 10. It says incorrect password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't login after updating my window 10. It says incorrect password.: Please help me after updating my window 10, I unable to login to my pc. It says incorrect password. In my login screen, there is only the ease of access button, NO POWER BUTTON. I tried to login using the virtual keyboard but in vain. What can I do/ what are the solutions to...
  5. I can't login after updating my window 10. It says incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login after updating my window 10. It says incorrect password.: Please help me after updating my window 10, I unable to login to my pc. It says incorrect password. In my login screen, there is only the ease of access button, NO POWER BUTTON. I tried to login using the virtual keyboard but in vain. What can I do/ what are the solutions to...
  6. I can't login after updating my window 10. It says incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot login after updating, password incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login after updating, password incorrect: I disabled startup apps and updated my windows 10 core i5 7th gen HP laptop and I haven’t been able to login since. Password incorrect error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-login-after-updating-password-incorrect/7dccea1a-547c-4a46-9e96-90a38c1cb42d
  8. Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 says " That password is incorrect" for correct password after windows update: Windows not accepting my correct password after reset windows 10. Same password is working for live.microsoft.com. Please help. My login screen does not even show a power button :(...
  9. win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password": hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent update(wouldn't let us because of missing ownership) so she logged out and when she wanted to login again then it would say "welcome" for...
  10. Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen.: My parents are having an issue logging on to their computer. It seems that my mother miss-typed her microsoft email address when she activated it. Now she has a login in screen that asks for a password for the miss-typed account address. She cannot get past this screen since...