Windows 10: Windows 10 login

Discus and support Windows 10 login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey guys, my Mom's desktop, after an update, has reverted back to a Windows account from before Y2K. I have tried password reset, but that resets a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by msale1, Jul 9, 2019.

1. msale1 Win User

Windows 10 login

Hey guys, my Mom's desktop, after an update, has reverted back to a Windows account from before Y2K. I have tried password reset, but that resets a different account, not the old one. It will not allow sign in with new account and password. How do I get rid of the old account, or reset the password to it? The account that comes up on sign in screen is 20 yrs. old. Hasn't been used for 18 yrs. or so.

:)

msale1, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 login

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 login

1. Windows 10 login - Similar Threads - login

2. Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro: We just installed a new Dell OptiPlex running Windows 10 Pro and are unable to login to local accounts we create. How does one do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-to-local-accounts-on-windows-10/41fd6876-db76-4a73-8158-7683e29cfc27
  3. Windows 10 - Version 1903 Login Errors & Other Errors Proven To Be Windows OS Errors Caused...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Version 1903 Login Errors & Other Errors Proven To Be Windows OS Errors Caused...: I have already made a topic about this but after doing a In-Place Upgrade Repair and also having the exact same errors on the Hidden Administrator Account after unhidding it through Command Propmt then doing that In-Place Upgrade to get the same errors all over again i...
  4. WIndows 10 Hp Envy Login Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIndows 10 Hp Envy Login Issue: Purchased & downloaded the Isumsoft Password Fixer and followed the instructions online to utilize a USB to download the software. Having issues rebooting via the USB on Hp Envy Laptop. How do you change it on the bios page?...
  5. How to remove text on Welcome Screen? Jump directly to Login Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove text on Welcome Screen? Jump directly to Login Screen?: When I boot my Win10 computer then the Welcome screen shows some background-picture-related text. See attached snapshot. How can I suppress this text? How can I automatically jump to Login Screen (=with the entry field for the password) after boot? Peter [img] 136771
  6. Final login to Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Final login to Microsoft Store: For a number of months now I have been unable to log into Microsoft Store to download apps onto my Win 10 pro desktop PC. I used to be able to do it fine. I just recently noticed it is asking for me to use Windows Hello to finish the login process, which I don't have setup. I...
  7. Latest Windows 10 CU and Security update is creating errors trying to login to a company site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows 10 CU and Security update is creating errors trying to login to a company site: After the latest CU (Windows 10) early July (11th I believe) I get (what I believe are Network related) error codes when trying to login to a password protected site. It has worked for 18 months and suddenly after the CU I get these: (see screenshot/image) [ATTACH]...
  8. Login screen keeps asking for password

Login screen keeps asking for password: Hello,My windows 10 login screen keeps asking for microsoft password/pin after restart or turning pc on everytime after "password is incorrect" message.This happened after i'd entered a wrong microsoft password in Google Chrome's password manager,i had to recover account...
  9. Windows Login Forgot Password

Windows Login Forgot Password: Hi. I need help in logging in to my local PC. I installed an anti-virus and it prompted me to reboot in safe mode, so i did. But when I did, it asked me my password for login. The thing is, I don't know the password. I've only used my pin every time for over a year now and...
  10. Windows 10 completely freezes at login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 completely freezes at login: I have already posted this here, but nobody answered (or even in fact saw the post). I have a very strange and complex problem in Windows 10 that makes the computer unusable. It goes as follows: -I start up the computer. It shows the normal Windows 10 loading cog screen,...