Windows 10: Windows 10 logo stuck after brand new installation

Discus and support Windows 10 logo stuck after brand new installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi tenforums, I wonder if someone here could help me. I assembled a new pc, but I have trouble installing windows 10. After installing it with usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tory, Dec 28, 2020.

1. tory Win User

Windows 10 logo stuck after brand new installation

Hi tenforums,

I wonder if someone here could help me.
    I assembled a new pc, but I have trouble installing windows 10. After installing it with usb stick, the system correctly reboots, but it gets stucked at the screen with windows/mobo manifacturer logo: the spinning circle dots stop spinning :C.

I have tried lot of things, but the most strange is that Ubuntu 18 run without any issue.

I recently managed to print the boot log and I found this:
    Code:
    It seems related to gpu, or not? I also found out with msinfo32 tool (run from prompt of installation usb drive) that the gpu is among the pcie peripherals with some errors cause: driver not installed. I do not know if this is normal at first intall.

What I tried until now:
    • download again the iso (from azure, from windows main website, from rufus)
    • Tried using the windows media creation tool but 1) It stucks at like 50% and 2) I would like to install the edu version, while windows tool force me to download and burn the usb with the Pro version (the one actually installed). I also tried using the windows media tool to download & burn the usb stick
    • Burn the iso on a different usb drive, with rufus and with copy and paste after mounting it
    • Install with/without licence key the Educational N version and not N version
    • Install in the unformatted SSD, formatted SSD to ntfs with 2 partitions
    • Update mobo bios to last version
    • Use different usb ports,
    • Only Monitor (displayport through graphic card), wired keyboard and mouse connected, plus wifi card (attached to mobo, can't unplug it). I also unplug the HDD while installing
    • Start in safe mode, but it says something like : "Installation can not be completed while in safe mode"
    • Disable secure boot from bios
    • Put RAM speed to auto and to 3600MHz (the actual velocity)
    • Resetting the pc from the Windows troubleshoot menu that comes after 3 reset : "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made"
    • Format the usb drive to gpt and mbr
    • Check SSD disk for defects, installing Windows on another disk ( the mechanic one, seagate barracuda 1TB)
    • Check RAM for defects, found nothing (memtest64+ from ubuntu live usb 3 passes, and windows memory test in standard mobe from windows live usb; the extended mode stucks at 21% for several hours)
    • Trying installing older windows 10 (19H version, november 2019)
    • Mobo bios updated
    • Run some stress test on ubuntu. for gpu, UNIGINE superposition benchmark seems in line with similar spec systems.

My system:
    • CPU : AMD Ryzen 3600xt
    • GPU : AMD Radeon 5600XT
    • MOBO : MSI 550M PRO-VDH-WIFI
    • RAM : 2x8gb corsair vengeance lpx 3600mhz (removed one recently to see if it was a problem of faulty stick)
    • SSD : Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb
    • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (unplugged while trying to solve this issue)

Thanks for any help *Biggrin

:)

2. Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Dec 28, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 logo stuck after brand new installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 logo stuck after brand new installation

1. Windows 10 logo stuck after brand new installation - Similar Threads - logo stuck brand

2. Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 installation stuck at Windows Logo: Hello, I had been receiving the BSOD on my MSI laptop with the CRYPTO_LIBRARY_INTERNAL_ERROR. After that my laptop never starts without USB boot flash. So I basically need to repair the windows with USB boot flash.I’ve found that this problem often relates to the problem with...
  3. New pc stuck at windows logo when installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New pc stuck at windows logo when installing windows 10: HiSo i built a new pc yesterday and installed windows 10 to an USB drive as well. Today I've tried to install Windows 10 and boot my pc but whenever I try to boot from the UEFI: USB Device option my pc freezes on the gigabyte logo and when i try to boot it from the legacy one...
  4. Windows 10 Install stuck on Windows logo

Windows 10 Install stuck on Windows logo: I finished building a brand new computer with the following specs:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X GPU: GIGABYTE GAMING OC 3070 TiMB: MSI B550 TomahawkRAM: 32GB GSKILL TRIDENT Z NEO CL16SSD: Samsung 980 M2 NVMEI am trying to install windows 10 on my Samsung 980 using the Windows media...
  5. New Windows installation stuck on logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Windows installation stuck on logo: As said in title I built a new pc and when trying to install Windows 10 it gets stuck on a black screen with the Windows logo in the middle and no spinning dots. Not sure what else to do? PC Specs: Ryzen 5 5600x Crucial P5 MSI B550 Tomahawk EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Corsair...
  6. Windows 10 Installer Stuck On Windows Logo

Windows 10 Installer Stuck On Windows Logo: Before we start some context, my computer was manufactured in 2008, I don't have UEFI or secure boot on my system. Also my system originally shipped with Vista, I changed the hard drive some years ago and I reinstalled Vista, then upgraded to Windows 7, then to Windows 8,...
  7. Windows 10 stuck installing at logo

Windows 10 stuck installing at logo: hello i just recently finished building my pc and everything seems to run fine. I downloaded the windows installer to a usb and when i boot it up it rolls a couple dots at the logo then freezes completely. I dont think it has anything to do with me messing up the build but i...
  8. New Firefox Logo - The Evolution Of A Brand

in Windows 10 News
    New Firefox Logo - The Evolution Of A Brand: [ATTACH] Consider the fox. It’s known for being quick, clever, and untamed — attributes easily applied to its mythical cousin, the “Firefox” of browser fame. Well, Firefox has another trait not found in earthly foxes: stretchiness. (Just look how it circumnavigates the...
  9. BSOD after installing new WiFi card (stuck at windows logo)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing new WiFi card (stuck at windows logo): Hi, I clean install my laptop (clevo p150em) and install the new WiFi card(aw-ce123h) but it get stuck on windows logo booting. It seems like driver problem because I need to disable the device in safe mode so I can use the laptop again. So what must I do to record the dump?...
  10. Window 10 Installation stuck on Logo

Window 10 Installation stuck on Logo: Hi Friends, I am currently using windows 7 on my HP Laptop Core i3. Now i trying to install window 10 from ISO. I created Bootable USB (With Rufus). While installing window the installation get stuck on window logo. I waited long time but nothing happened. Kindly guide me how...