Windows 10: Windows 10 Logon Script

Discus and support Windows 10 Logon Script in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm trying to figure out why Windows 10 doesn't seem to like to show something on startup to my networks users on login. A bit of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarshPY, Oct 3, 2019.

1. MarshPY Win User

Windows 10 Logon Script

Hello all, I'm trying to figure out why Windows 10 doesn't seem to like to show something on startup to my networks users on login. A bit of information is that we have a server with different logon scripts depending on what drives the person needs to see when they log in. All of the network drives appear fine, but the scripts also call images to appear on login that is hosted on a server that everyone has access to. No matter what I try I can't seem to get them to appear on login on our windows 10 users.

:)

MarshPY, Oct 3, 2019

2. GPOs not running logon scripts

Greetings,

we have an environment of 2 DCs running WS 2008R2 and applying several GPOs. The GPOs that have a user logon script (vbs or ps1) can not run. At the same time, if we run the vbs scripts from a pc on the domain they run successfully. Any suggestions would
    be appreciated!

Thanking you in advance.

Eleftheria Siachalou, Oct 3, 2019
  3. sbello Win User
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out the reason; can anyone please help me?

sbello, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Logon Script

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Logon Script

1. Windows 10 Logon Script - Similar Threads - Logon Script

2. Run Windows PowerShell scripts first at user logon, logoff, startup, and shutdown

in Windows 10 News
    Run Windows PowerShell scripts first at user logon, logoff, startup, and shutdown: [ATTACH]If you want to run Windows PowerShell scripts first at user logon, logoff, startup, […] This article Run Windows PowerShell scripts first at user logon, logoff, startup, and shutdown first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Windows 10 2004 Enterprise - will not run logon script when mapping drives to 2003 server...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 2004 Enterprise - will not run logon script when mapping drives to 2003 server...: First off, I am pushing to get the old 2003 server replaced, that is being held up due to economic reasons. Up to the 2004 update the logon scripts ran fine and mapped drives to various servers - 2003, 2008,2012,2016. When 2004 is installed the logon scripts stall at the...
  4. Windows 10 20.04 update - issues with logon scripts not running right

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20.04 update - issues with logon scripts not running right: Been fooling with Windows 10 20.04 update. I put it on 4 PCs at home, no major issues. Started experimenting on a few test PCs at work, running Windows 10 Enterprise on a corporate LAN. Was running Windows 1909 all drive mappings worked fine. SMB1 is installed due to an...
  5. Why is Windows 10 Version 2004 preventing logon scripts from mapping NAS drives at first...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Windows 10 Version 2004 preventing logon scripts from mapping NAS drives at first...: Since we updated Windows 10 to Version 2004 that all the machines in our domain stopped mapping NAS drives at first logon. When the users start the machines and logon the logon script maps correctly the drives in several servers but not in the NAS. If they logoff and logon...
  6. Can not find script file run.vbs error at logon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Can not find script file run.vbs error at logon in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will attempt to resolve the issue as it relates to the error message Can not find script file C:\WINDOWS\run.vbs at logon […] This article Can not find script file run.vbs error at logon in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  7. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon: I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out...
  8. Window 10 with WSL Task Scheduler task run at Startup/Logon running a PowerShell script...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 with WSL Task Scheduler task run at Startup/Logon running a PowerShell script...: Here is the content of PowerShell script I am trying to run via a startup or log on task created via Task Scheduler in Windows 10. #power shell file saved as autostartsshd.ps1 bash -c 'sudo service ssh start' This runs fine when run with powershell. But running from...
  9. Windows Defender Latest definition blocking a vbs script used to map drives at logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Latest definition blocking a vbs script used to map drives at logon: Starting with version 1051 update, Windows Defender managed via System Center Configuration Manager is blocking a vbs script we use for drive mappings during customer log on. The message being displayed is "Microsoft VBScript runtime error: This script contains malicious...
  10. Start Menu Layout - Modify via Logon Script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Layout - Modify via Logon Script: Hello it's possible at the logon change the start menu, add or remove a tile in the start layout ?? Or is possible on the left side in start menu in the "Most used" make my link ?? 47940