Windows 10: Windows 10 logon sign-in with PIN works only through USB disk driver

Discus and support Windows 10 logon sign-in with PIN works only through USB disk driver in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; hello, could you please help with the following problem. I have the last windows 10 version installed on my yoga 900, however when try to logon using... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FannyLevitan, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 logon sign-in with PIN works only through USB disk driver

hello,

could you please help with the following problem.

I have the last windows 10 version installed on my yoga 900, however when try to logon using PIN got the follow message: the PIN is incorrect.

When connect USB disk driver follow by Shift Restart and then select USB drive, in the logon window am able to enter to the user account using the same PIN.

when disconnect the USB disk driver and restart/sleep/shut down the computer, while typing the same PIN in the logon window got the same message: the PIN in incorrect.

any suggestion,recommendation.

thanks.

:)

FannyLevitan, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 logon sign-in with PIN works only through USB disk driver

Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 logon sign-in with PIN works only through USB disk driver

1. Windows 10 logon sign-in with PIN works only through USB disk driver - Similar Threads - logon sign PIN

2. USB Camera drivers only works on SOME Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Camera drivers only works on SOME Windows 10 PCs: I have a USB camera and its driver installation files.I also have 4 laptops, all running Windows 10, all 64-based systems, but only on 2 of these laptops is the camera usable.The cameras are from some Chinese manufacturer, and driver files do not seem to be abundantly present...
  3. USB Camera drivers only works on SOME Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Camera drivers only works on SOME Windows 10 PCs: I have a USB camera and its driver installation files.I also have 4 laptops, all running Windows 10, all 64-based systems, but only on 2 of these laptops is the camera usable.The cameras are from some Chinese manufacturer, and driver files do not seem to be abundantly present...
  4. USB Camera drivers only works on SOME Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pin to logon on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  6. Pin to logon on Windows

Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  7. PIN does not work as the only sign in option on a synced device

PIN does not work as the only sign in option on a synced device: I have forgotten the PIN of my original device and the option of "I forgot my Pin" or trying a different login method does not show up, so I synced the password of another device and tried that PIN to no avail with resetting the PIN not working either.Both devices use my...
  8. PIN does not work as the only sign in option on a synced device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN does not work as the only sign in option on a synced device: I have forgotten the PIN of my original device and the option of "I forgot my Pin" or trying a different login method does not show up, so I synced the password of another device and tried that PIN to no avail with resetting the PIN not working either.Both devices use my...
  9. Keyboard only works AFTER logon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard only works AFTER logon: It has to be some service that is started too late. I have to use the onscreen keyboard to type in my password. After that, everything works fine. Windows fully up to date. Build 19041.450 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600. Device Manager says no problems. 164118
  10. Sign in pin not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in pin not working: Hello, I was trying to set a pin and it lets me enter it, confirm it, but then does nothing. It doesn't actually setup the pin just has me enter it and then doesn't do anything with it. Ex. I enter 9384 then confirm it again. Press OK. Then it goes back to the settings...