Windows 10: Windows 10 logon take long time

Discus and support Windows 10 logon take long time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently, I have observed my Windows 10 PC taking long time to logon to desktop occasionally. After entering username and password, it may takes 10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by yawoo, Feb 2, 2021.

1. yawoo Win User

Windows 10 logon take long time

Recently, I have observed my Windows 10 PC taking long time to logon to desktop occasionally. After entering username and password, it may takes 10 to 30 seconds to complete the logon process and show Windows desktop screen.

The Windows logon time is measured after PC restart or power-up, and then wait for a few minute after power-on. It seems that 30 seconds Windows logon time is relatively long unreasonable. I have recorded the boot trace and please find the ETL file Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

For this case, it took 27 sec for your reference. I have no idea how to identify the which timeslot for the logon activity (from entered password to Desktop shown). Please help and advice, thanks.

:)

yawoo, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Windows 10 logon take long time

Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

A couple weeks ago, my Windows 10 computer started taking a LONG time to login. The times have been going up and down, with a max of about 15.5 minutes, which happened today. Here's what I've tried to solve this issue:

1. Do a clean boot (no startup programs or services other than Microsoft services).
    2. Defrag/optimize hard drive (not SSD).
    3. Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes.
    4. Check the Event Viewer.

Here I found multiple warnings and errors:

1. Event 6005, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon).
    2. Event 7022, The Connected Devices Platform Service service hung on starting. (and a few like it, only with different services)
    3. Event 6006, The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 936 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon).
    4. Event 6004, The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> failed a critical notification event.
    5. Event 6001, The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> failed a notification event.

After some googling, I continued with the following steps:

5. Disable "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" and "Run logon scripts synchronously" in the Group Policy Editor.
    6. Do an in-place upgrade/repair.

There are probably some other steps I've missed, but I think that covers most of it. I'm fed up with this problem, but I really don't want to have to reinstall Windows. If anyone has any solutions or ideas, I'm open to anything at this point.

Thanks in advance!

JFischer00, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 logon take long time

1. Windows 10 logon take long time - Similar Threads - logon long

2. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.: I have tried shutting down and restarting with no effect. I have a HP Pavilion laptop and have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-logon-to-my-microsoft-accounts-i-just-get/3bb7550e-c14c-4743-9141-035927490bfe
  3. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.: I have tried shutting down and restarting with no effect. I have a HP Pavilion laptop and have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-logon-to-my-microsoft-accounts-i-just-get/3bb7550e-c14c-4743-9141-035927490bfe
  4. I cannot logon to my microsoft accounts. I just get a blank white small screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?

How to remove Windows Logon Screen Password on windows 10?: I have signed in with my MS account so that I can only use it for MS Store. I have already made below changes:1. Settings - Sign-in-options - Requires sign-in option set to Never.2. Windows PIN is also removed3. After following this command - netplwiz - I have unchecked the...
  6. Logon taking too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logon taking too long: I'm running Windows 10 Home, so no solutions involving Group Policy Editor; Windows Update is up to date, all drivers are up to date (updated through the manufacturer's website); I've run DISM, SFC, CHKDSK; I've done a clean boot, disabled all startup programs; Safe mode...
  7. Long logon time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long logon time: Winlogon warning (ID: 6006) in Event Viewer showed this: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 178 second(s) to handle the notification event (Logon). I'm using a personal laptop with the newest build of Windows 10. I've searched the error on the Internet...
  8. Slow Boot in Windows10 - ok POST time, but too long to logon screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot in Windows10 - ok POST time, but too long to logon screen: I have reviewed other similar threads with hopes I could troubleshoot this on my own but I'm having trouble getting familiar with the Windows Performance Analyzer. I have ran and saved a Boot Trace. Its here_>...
  9. newly created local account doesn't appear on long screen, can't logon.

newly created local account doesn't appear on long screen, can't logon.: A client got a new intel Nuc. He logged on with his Microsoft account and I then setup two local accounts for 'public' and admin use. Neither of the two local accounts is visible on the logon screen. If I hit 'Other user', and select password, it asks for an email...
  10. Long delay before password entry box is shown on logon screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long delay before password entry box is shown on logon screen.: Laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. This is an old laptop and the CPU benchmark is around 2,000. It has 4 GB of RAM and 5,400 RPM hard drive. It runs most of the errands fine. However, recently it started to slow down significantly at the logon screen. Once it wakes...