Windows 10: Windows 10 Logon takes around 40 minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 Logon takes around 40 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, After entering my passwort, Windows 10 takes around 40 minutes to load my desktop. It appeared recently, so I assume it has to do with the 20H2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Adroxxx, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Adroxxx Win User

Windows 10 Logon takes around 40 minutes

Hi,

After entering my passwort, Windows 10 takes around 40 minutes to load my desktop. It appeared recently, so I assume it has to do with the 20H2 update.

I used the Windows Performance Analyzer to analyze my boot. However, I need some help interpreting the results.
    I'll upload some graphs, let me know if someone could help me out or tell me if you need more images from the analysis.

Here you go

Section "Other" Boot phases

Windows 10 Logon takes around 40 minutes [​IMG]

Section "System Activity" Processes

Section "Computation" CPU Usage (Sampled)

:)

Adroxxx, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 logon requires 2 separate logons

It would be quite a deliberate "accident" to set a BIOS password because you actually need to get into BIOS to set it! Removing it requires the same steps: Get into the BIOS, then clear the password.

If you do not remember the BIOS password then there are two options:

• If this is a desktop PC then you need to open the case and remove the shiny button cell battery from the motherboard for 10 minutes. This will clear the BIOS password.
    • If this is a laptop then you need to return it to the distributor.

Frederik Long, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Logon takes around 40 minutes - Similar Threads - Logon takes around

2. Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 Build 19042.746 Restarting for a Windows update, and for the 40 minutes it's just a black screen with the word Restarting in the center. No spinning circles, no anything. Just the black screen with the word Restarting. Should I do a hard...
  3. Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 Build 19042.746 Restarting for a Windows update, and for the 40 minutes it's just a black screen with the word Restarting in the center. No spinning circles, no anything. Just the black screen with the word Restarting. Should I do a hard...
  4. Windows 10 logon take long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 logon take long time: Recently, I have observed my Windows 10 PC taking long time to logon to desktop occasionally. After entering username and password, it may takes 10 to 30 seconds to complete the logon process and show Windows desktop screen. The Windows logon time is measured after PC...
  5. Having 10-40 minute login screens.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having 10-40 minute login screens.: My computer boots to login in about 10-20 seconds, but then takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes to log me in to my desktop, I have tried a clean boot and there was no change. Any advice for what to do? submitted by /u/UberMedic1809 [link] [comments]...
  6. Uninstalling on Windows 10 Freezes half way through and takes around 6 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstalling on Windows 10 Freezes half way through and takes around 6 minutes: All applications when being uninstalled seem to take around 5 minutes, the installation for these apps took less than 1 minute. Also the uninstall dialog box says 3 seconds to go, or 10, or 17 etc and it takes another 5 minutes after that before finally the unistall has...
  7. windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.: ever since i upgraded from 4 gb to 8 gb, going in from a cold boot on windows 10 would cause everything to load rather quickly, but it taking 40 minutes to an hour to actually login to windows, i dont know why and logging in from sleep mode logs in instantly. submitted by...
  8. windows 10 takes around 3 minutes to decide to restart when requested...

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 takes around 3 minutes to decide to restart when requested...: as in subject... wheel of windowsality keeps spinning for around 3 minutes until it resets... i have a decent pc stiing on SSD, never had this issue with windows 7...
  9. Event Viewer takes Around 10 Minutes to popupate

Event Viewer takes Around 10 Minutes to popupate: Hey Guys - Running on Windows 10 1909 (although this issue has existed for a long time previous) When I launch Eventviewer, It takes around 10 minutes to populate events. This is the case even if the events have been cleared, so the number of events does not appear to be the...
  10. Windows 10 crashing every 30 to 40 minutes

Windows 10 crashing every 30 to 40 minutes: Hello All, My Windows 10 is frequently crashing a lot. Its been almost a week now. I have no idea how to analyze the root cause of the problem. The problem seems to start when I'm using office products such as Excel and Word and sometimes both at the same time. Can...