Windows 10: Windows 10 - LogonUI.exe and Werfault.exe: The memory could not be written

Discus and support Windows 10 - LogonUI.exe and Werfault.exe: The memory could not be written in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha motherboard with a GeForce 980 GPU (as well as Intel IGP). To the best of my knowledge this is running the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Simon.........., Oct 2, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - LogonUI.exe and Werfault.exe: The memory could not be written

I have an Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha motherboard with a GeForce 980 GPU (as well as Intel IGP). To the best of my knowledge this is running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit.

Everything was fine until I installed a second GeForce 980 card (identical model and specs) last week. It worked fine on the first boot after installation except for a message something like "You have an incorrect graphics card installed" (I can't remember it exactly). I pressed OK and it went away.

I was able to play games in SLI mode and the PC slept and woke OK, playing games again after the wake. I decided to restart the PC and then the problems started.

Upon boot I get the correct resolution but the message "LogonUI.exe - Application Error"

"The instruction at 0x00007FF......... referenced memory at 0x000000......... The memory could not be written."

"Click OK to terminate the program"

When I click OK it comes back, sometimes switching to WerFault.exe instead. The error numbers are always as above with varying letters and numbers where I've put dots.

No amount of pressing OK or Escape resolves this. I cannot start safe mode because of the same error.

Startup Repair/Recovery fails.

I've removed the new GPU card and booted - same issue persists.

I've run memtest from USB and no errors were found.

I have used the recovery console to run sfc /scannow which found no errors.

I have used dism to remove all NVidia drivers which worked, but made no difference.

I have updated my BIOS to the latest version, which made no difference.

I have disabled the IGP, which made no difference.

I have tried to boot in low res VGA mode, which it did, but I still got the same errors.

I have created a new Windows Installation USB but it won't let me do an in-place install. I have critical files which mean a fresh install is not possible and there is no guarantee this would fix it either.

Can anyone help me fix this issue - I really want to understand what is going wrong here as well as fix it.

:)

Simon.........., Oct 2, 2018
  2. vgkfan83 Win User

WerFault exe

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...ication-error/

vgkfan83, Oct 2, 2018
  3. WerFault exe

New Omen laptop pc win 10 pro
    The message from a fresh boot,
    [ WerFault exe Application Error
    The exception privileged instruction 0xc0000096 occurred in the application 0x00007FFF57CF66D2.
    Click on OK to terminate the program.]
    But it will not terminate, & locks all normal functions, I tried to uninstall games, steam, etc. To no avail!
    I must reboot by cont.alt.del.
    When I click it the same message pops up over & over?

Omentucker, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - LogonUI.exe and Werfault.exe: The memory could not be written

Exe file

New PC

Windows 10

Trying to download Chrome browser (exe file)

when trying to open, prompts open with and list programs to open with

will not allow exe file.

LuisValentin1, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - LogonUI.exe and Werfault.exe: The memory could not be written

1. Windows 10 - LogonUI.exe and Werfault.exe: The memory could not be written - Similar Threads - LogonUI exe Werfault

2. Memory Could Not Be Written

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Could Not Be Written: I keep getting an error that says:The instruction at 0x00007FFF3EE2A611 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate programInfo:I have more than enough RAM for the games/programs I'm running. It often happens when I'm...
  3. Memory Could Not Be Written

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Could Not Be Written: I keep getting an error that says:The instruction at 0x00007FFF3EE2A611 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate programInfo:I have more than enough RAM for the games/programs I'm running. It often happens when I'm...
  4. Various "Memory could not be written" Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various "Memory could not be written" Errors: I recently built a new PC. Every time I shutdown/restart I get the following errors - Error 1 Error 2. This isn't just specific to these applications. I will get the same messages on several apps like OneDrive, Steam, WallpaperEngine, ect. First I tried running a memory test...
  5. "WerFault .exe - Bad Image" error on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "WerFault .exe - Bad Image" error on startup: Iv had this HP laptop for some time now, and i haven't had any issues untill recently. I left Google running for a week because I forgot to turn my laptop off before heading out on vacation. When I returned I found that the laptop had not gone to sleep and the screen...
  6. Memory could not be written 0x0000

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory could not be written 0x0000: whenever I try to run apps on my computer it crashes and a pop up reading along the lines that the referenced memory at 0x000... could not be written. It started happening a few months ago leaving my computer useless and I just recently have been trying to fix it. I've...
  7. Memory could not be read/written error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory could not be read/written error: Hi, i have a question to you all. every time i start up my computer, i try to open Steam or just anything that i had to download AND install (things that werent downloaded and installed automatically) i get a notification that says „memory could not be read/written” can...
  8. werfault exe application error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    werfault exe application error: this is a very annoying thing to get it just wont disappear ive disabled windows error reports ive tried a few things the instruction at 0x0000000075C58AA9 REFERENCED MEMORY AT 0x0000000075C58AA9,. THE REQUIRED DATA WAS NOT...
  9. WerFault exe

in Windows 10 Support
    WerFault exe: New Omen laptop pc win 10 pro The message from a fresh boot, [ WerFault exe Application Error The exception privileged instruction 0xc0000096 occurred in the application 0x00007FFF57CF66D2. Click on OK to terminate the program.] But it will not terminate, & locks all normal...
  10. Windows could not find .exe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows could not find .exe in Windows 10: Just woke one morning after what I assume was a system update (had my computer offer me the option to update and shut down last night, but not today) to see a whole swath of programs (that still have their .exe file in their location) give me that error. In some help forums...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logonui.exe reference memory could not be read

2. the instruction at referenced memory logonui

3. logonui.exe error memory could not be written

4. logonui.exe application error memory could not be written,
  5. logonui.exe crashing with each login,
  6. werfault.exe windows 10 referenced memory ,
  7. logonui.exe bsod 2018