Windows 10: Windows 10 logs me off when I put my laptop to sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 logs me off when I put my laptop to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, can anyone please help me with this. I usually lock or put my laptop to sleep when I'm away from it (by shutting the lid). Usually when it's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PsychoPop, Sep 1, 2019.

1. PsychoPop Win User

Windows 10 logs me off when I put my laptop to sleep

Hi, can anyone please help me with this. I usually lock or put my laptop to sleep when I'm away from it (by shutting the lid). Usually when it's been in sleep mode I can just open the lid and sign back into my account with my password, and everything is there the same as when I put it to sleep (all docs etc open as they were before). For some reason, just starting today, when I close my laptop's lid / it goes to sleep when I take a break from work for a while, it logs me off!! This means I lose all my open docs, explorer windows, etc. It's extremely annoying as I need to work with many things open and having to re-open everything each time is time-consuming. Why has this only just started happening? I haven't changed any settings or anything else. Please help! Many thanks!

:)

PsychoPop, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Phillmont Win User
    Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 logs me off when I put my laptop to sleep - Similar Threads - logs off put

2. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  3. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  4. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  6. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  7. 'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.: Product: HP - 15s-Fq2041TU 15" NOTEBOOK Product Number 2S3A2PA#ABGWindows 10 64bit No matter what I try the system always Sleeps at the 'Turn off the display' setting, this is true for Battery or Plugged In.eg. Plugged In - 'Turn off the display' - 15 minutes, 'Put the...
  8. 'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.

'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.: Product: HP - 15s-Fq2041TU 15" NOTEBOOK Product Number 2S3A2PA#ABGWindows 10 64bit No matter what I try the system always Sleeps at the 'Turn off the display' setting, this is true for Battery or Plugged In.eg. Plugged In - 'Turn off the display' - 15 minutes, 'Put the...
  9. 'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 10 not logging off when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not logging off when put into sleep mode: So I haven't seen anyone with issue so far, I've checked the settings and everything is set to require a password after waking up from sleep. Problem is that it doesn't do that, whenever I open my PC from sleep just goes straight to the desktop no password required. I was...