Windows 10: Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle

Discus and support Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows signs me out after it's been idle for 2 to 3 minutes. This problem only happens in the morning. It does not happen in the evening.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VickiCollins1, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle

Windows signs me out after it's been idle for 2 to 3 minutes. This problem only happens in the morning. It does not happen in the evening.

:)

VickiCollins1, Jun 13, 2019

2. log on after idle for 2 mins

I am getting very frustrated, my laptop goes to log in again after only 2 minutes of idle on window 10. Does anyone have any idea how to turn this off.

Cheers Kristin

Kristin JenniferStevens, Jun 13, 2019
  3. log on after idle for 2 mins

Hi Kristin,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

This may happen if you have enabled the screen saver/set the computer to go into sleep mode after 2 minutes.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings.

• Change the Turn off the display and
      Put the computer to sleep to Never
    If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings.

• Click on Advanced Power settings.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable. (Enter administrator credentials if prompted)

• Click on Don’t require a password and click on
      Save changes button.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle

Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle

1. Windows 10 logs off after 2 to 2 minutes idle - Similar Threads - logs off minutes

2. Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes: We have a set of Windows 10 computers where we connect remotely via remote desktop connection.We have a single user that we use to log in and it's configured as administrator on these machines. The problem we are facing on some of them is that each time we want to log in we...
  3. Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes: We have a set of Windows 10 computers where we connect remotely via remote desktop connection.We have a single user that we use to log in and it's configured as administrator on these machines. The problem we are facing on some of them is that each time we want to log in we...
  4. Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Screen dims after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen dims after 2 minutes: Regardless how I set my battery and plug-in preferences, my screen dims after two minutes if I am not actively typing or moving the mouse. Super annoying when you're just reading and thinking! My system does not have "turn off Enable adaptive brightness" in the Display...
  6. Nothing starts after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing starts after 2 minutes: My HP computer, after working well some years, got the following strange behavior: After log in, I could start 1 or 2 applications, than I could not start anything anymore, not the task manager, nothing else, and the computer did not react for a shut down command also. So...
  7. Screen turn off in 2 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen turn off in 2 minutes: Hey,Every time I leave the room, even for 2 minutes windows is locked and the display is turning off.Dynamic lock is off; andDisplay settings are:Does some has a clue how to stop it? Win 10...
  8. computer shuts off after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer shuts off after 2 minutes: My computer goes off after 2 minutes , every thing is set to never. Talked with windows and microsoft and they said it needed a new driver and they were helping me to find the new driver but it wasn't were they directed and me while I was looking for the driver the computer...
  9. Laptop turning off/going to sleep when idle only 1 or 2 minutes

Laptop turning off/going to sleep when idle only 1 or 2 minutes: Hi all, Today my laptop updated windows. Afterwards, my laptop now turns off/falls asleep after 1 or 2 minute idle. If I catch it and immediately move the cursor, it does nothing, I have to press a button to turn it on. I checked my power & sleep settings, the screen was...
  10. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 min idle logoff