Windows 10: Windows 10 long delay on startup.

Discus and support Windows 10 long delay on startup. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aris Melachroinos, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 long delay on startup.

When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many minutes. The computer eventually boots up...

When I press shutdown and I turn my computer on, then before the login screen and after the windows logo I get a black screen no cursor for the same amount of time as the welcome loop when I restart, and then when the black screen goes away, the login screen appears and I type my pin and I see my desktop instantly.

So the OS eventually boots up everytime, but it takes many minutes because it gets stuck somewhere, and it gets stuck on a different point depending on if I press "Restart" or "Shutdown" and boot up manually. This is unacceptable if you take into consideration that I am using only M.2 SSD drives, CPU Intel i9 9900K, GPU Nvidia RTX 2070, I have the latest 1903 windows updates and I have the latest GPU drivers.

I have tried many things and nothing! I tried safe boot, clean boot, uninstall recent cumulative updates, disconnecting all usb, switching monitors, rolling back to a previous gpu driver, updating all drivers, disconnecting to the internet and rebooting, disconnecting everything except my C drive, disconnecting monitors, chkdsk /f /r, sfc /scannow, malware scan, full windows defender scan, disabling windows defender, disabling fast boot..... Nothing worked.

I also tried booting to two other SSD drives Windows 10 and they booted fine without any issues. So this is not hardware issue.

winver output:

Version 1903 OS Build 18362.778

The following might not be useful but this is what I was doing just before I realised the problem:

• I updated my nvidia studio drivers on my geforce experience program, I do these updates often with no issues.
    • I let my pc do 2 cumulative updates that were available.
    • I tried installing fastboot - flashmode drivers for a Sony Xperia phone and they failed because I needed to enable the "Disable Signature Verification" option on startup settings. That is what I was trying to do and I figured out the issue. I got the first blackscreen when I enabled this feature. I have enabled it many times in the past with no issues at all, and I know what I am doing. I did uninstall the Xperia drivers to see if it helped but nothing!

Please help me solve this. Is there any way I can generate a log file of the bootup events so that we can figure out what is causing all this???

:)

Aris Melachroinos, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 26, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
  4. Windows 10 long delay on startup.

Extremely Long Startup Delay - Blue Spinning Dots

Ever since the Creator's Update, I have had slow startup times.

On booting, the spinning blue dots appear and usually it takes around ten minutes to make it to the sign in screen. I updated BIOS, turned off Fast Boot option in Power setrtings, no change. I have tried resetting Windows, and now a clean install, but still
    the startup times are agonisingly slow. I tried a clean boot, but still, a very long delay.

Please advise me on how to find the source of this delay. Is there any tool to pinpoint the reason for the long delay?

Póg Mothóin, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 long delay on startup.

1. Windows 10 long delay on startup. - Similar Threads - long delay startup

2. Any way to remove the long delay for startup programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any way to remove the long delay for startup programs in Windows 10?: When a user logs in we have it set to automatically open up our intranet home page. However there's a 12+ second delay from the moment they user logs in and sees the desktop to Edge actually opening. It may not sound like a lot but when the user is sitting waiting it's enough...
  3. Any way to remove the long delay for startup programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to remove the long delay for startup programs in Windows 10?: When a user logs in we have it set to automatically open up our intranet home page. However there's a 12+ second delay from the moment they user logs in and sees the desktop to Edge actually opening. It may not sound like a lot but when the user is sitting waiting it's enough...
  4. Any way to remove the long delay for startup programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. LONG delay while booting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LONG delay while booting: I don't THINK this is a Windows 10 thing, so... ASUS X99 Deluxe, Windows 10 Pro, 32 GB memory, AMD 5700 XT graphics... For the last couple months, when I boot the system is posts (presume post is that time when the system wants you to press DEL to go into the BIOS). Then it...
  6. App Startup Delay

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App Startup Delay: Hey All, I have had a strange issue ever since updating to 2004. Most apps that I open have around a ~10 sec delay before they open. I have checked the task manager and event logs but I can't seem to find anything related to this issue. The app doesn't even appear in the...
  7. Windows 10 long delay on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 long delay on startup.: When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many minutes. The computer eventually boots up... When I press shutdown and I turn my computer on, then before the login screen...
  8. Windows 10 - Long delay at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Long delay at start up: Since update Windows ver 1809 on 26/4/19. Reliability History informs 'Windows was not properly shutdown' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-long-delay-at-start-up/672c7a12-841b-48a9-8510-5bde5ca46072
  9. Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Delay of Running Startup Apps in Windows 10 signs in to Windows. Startup items can be added by either the programs or drivers installed, or manually by you. By default, Windows will run...
  10. Long delay before login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Long delay before login.: Just installed Windows 10 on my fathers laptop. Did an upgrade from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro. Then did a clean install. Same issue. On boot up I see the HP BIOS Logo, then the Windows logo with the spinning dots. Then the screen goes blank, just the backlight for almost 2 full...