Windows 10: Windows 10, lose sound drivers daily

Discus and support Windows 10, lose sound drivers daily in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. Every day, I must "troubleshoot" my lack of sound on videos. I go through the Windows tests and corrections, which fixes the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SandyM51, Mar 31, 2019.

1. SandyM51 Win User

Windows 10, lose sound drivers daily

I have Windows 10. Every day, I must "troubleshoot" my lack of sound on videos. I go through the Windows tests and corrections, which fixes the problem and enables me to hear sounds on videos.

However, the next day, the sound is gone and I must do the Troubleshooting process all over again. Why is this happening? What causes the loss of the fixes?

:)

SandyM51, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

losing sound in windows 10

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:

No sound in Windows.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Windows 10, lose sound drivers daily

Losing sound Win 10 x64

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re having issue with sound, I will make sure to help you with this issue.

This issue may occur due to damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card. damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your
    sound card.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the volume icon which is on bottom right corner.
    • Click on playback devices and highlight speakers.
    • Then below click on properties.
    • And then click on Advanced Tab and below click on
      Restore to default
    • And then Apply and click on
      OK
    If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to follow the steps from the below link:

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps are given for Windows 8.1 but same applies to Windows 10 as well)

Method 2 : Uninstall sound adapter driver from the Device Manager, restart the computer and check if that helps you.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Sound, video and game controller, expand it, right click on the
      sound device and select Uninstall.
    Restart the computer after the successful
    uninstallation of sound Device.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, lose sound drivers daily

1. Windows 10, lose sound drivers daily - Similar Threads - lose sound drivers

2. I keep losing space daily in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep losing space daily in Windows 11: Hello, I keep losing 1GB space on my C drive daily. I don't downloading anything, just working on google or playing video games. I deleted the old windows to get more space. I had 83gb of free space and after deleting I had 100gb. After restarting the computer I had 86GB...
  3. I keep losing space daily in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep losing space daily in Windows 11: Hello, I keep losing 1GB space on my C drive daily. I don't downloading anything, just working on google or playing video games. I deleted the old windows to get more space. I had 83gb of free space and after deleting I had 100gb. After restarting the computer I had 86GB...
  4. Randomly lose sound in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly lose sound in windows: After I installed my new windows 10 , something weird started to happen to my windows sound , like I randomly and very suddenly lose Sound while everything looks normal in windows mixer and hardware detection and driver , I need to replug my soundcard so the sound works again...
  5. Randomly lose sound in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly lose sound in windows: After I installed my new windows 10 , something weird started to happen to my windows sound , like I randomly and very suddenly lose Sound while everything looks normal in windows mixer and hardware detection and driver , I need to replug my soundcard so the sound works again...
  6. Randomly lose sound in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Losing Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Losing Sound: I have a PC with Windows 10, Version 2004 that was installed in late 2019. A couple of times now I have lost my sound. It just happened for the second time yesterday. After the first time it happened I had it fixed by Staples - this was several months ago. I have read that...
  8. Windows 10 keeps dropping sound device, losing sound

Windows 10 keeps dropping sound device, losing sound: I have this bizarre problem with sound. I just rebuilt my computer due to a tired motherboard, so now I am running an MSI B450 Carbon AC mobo with a Ryzen 5 2600x cpu, nVidia Geforce GTX 1070 graphics card, 16GB ram DDR4 1066, Patriot v370 Viper headset. All drivers are...
  9. Lose Internet Connections Daily

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lose Internet Connections Daily: I just purchased a new Dell computer with Windows 10 and almost daily I lose internet connections. My provider is Spectrum. The modem and router are always on and my WiFi works when this happens, so I assume that it must be a Windows 10 issue (never had this with Windows 7)....
  10. Windows 10, sound disappears daily!

Windows 10, sound disappears daily!: After having done all suggested troubleshooting steps to gain back sound when watching videos, and even going to the manufacturer of my computer for needed fixes, which helped for a short while, my sound is once again gone. What causes the sound to disappear like this? Sure,...