Windows 10: Windows 10 loses audio jack after using USB headset

Discus and support Windows 10 loses audio jack after using USB headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey! That's pretty annoying behavior: 1. After boot a wired headset using audio jack works perfectly 2. I use an USB headset in a work to attend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by -jarmo_p, Nov 17, 2018.

1. -jarmo_p Win User

Windows 10 loses audio jack after using USB headset

Hey!

That's pretty annoying behavior:

1. After boot a wired headset using audio jack works perfectly

2. I use an USB headset in a work to attend Skype meetings (because of the mic)

3. After the first use of the USB headset the audio jack doesn't work for wired headset any more. However, Windows doesn't detect any problems, and voice works fine from laptop speakers. It's just that 3,5mm jack which doesn't work any more. The issue can be repeated.

4. Tried to re-install driver, choice default device/communication device etc., but so far only that helps is reboot. Sleep/wake up doesn't help

Any ideas? The laptop is Lenovo T460s.

:)

-jarmo_p, Nov 17, 2018
  2. ShakeR2S5 Win User

Windows 10 usb-audio jack headset, audio jack not detected

Hi, I recently updated my Windows from 7 to 10 and since I updated my headset (Turtle Beach px22 Shadow) not working correctly.

It has 2 cables, an audio jack and a usb. The usb is working fine, but if I want to use the headset's amplifier properly I have to connect both cables to my computer, but It cannot detect the audio jack. When I plug out my headset from the amplifier, then
    I've got a smaller audio jack and If I plug that in, it works. Before I updated my Windows, It worked perfectly.

Thanks for help!

ShakeR2S5, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Audio Jack isn't Scanning the headset

Hi Aanika,

Faulty audio jack is one of the possible reasons why your headset is not working. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?
    • To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter key.
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      to resolve sound issues?
    • Is the headset connected to the front panel audio jack or the back panel audio jack?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    that was provided by preethu on April 23, 2015 to resolve your issue.

We will be looking forward to your response regarding your headset issue.

Eric Ber, Nov 17, 2018
  4. ShakeR2S5 Win User

Windows 10 usb-audio jack headset, audio jack not detected

Update: Problem solved!

I wrote an email to the Turtle Beach support and I've got a reply which helped me to fix the problem.

Here it is:

When I was doing this it didn't fix the problem, but I started to plug in and out the USB and Audio Jack cables and I updated a something VIA HD Audio driver on my computer and after these my headset began to work properly.

Now my Playback devices look like this:

Windows 10 loses audio jack after using USB headset c92c8e82-b90d-4e29-987f-409bb4e1fab5.png

Crazy... At least works properly.

ShakeR2S5, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 loses audio jack after using USB headset - Similar Threads - loses audio jack

2. Headset keeps losing audio on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset keeps losing audio on Windows 11: I recently got a new Logitech Zone Vibe 125, which comes with an USB bluetooth adapter. I use it mostly for work, I make/receive phone calls or meeting through Zoom, and sometimes I listen to music during my free time.The audio will sometimes just disconnect out of nowhere, I...
  3. Headset keeps losing audio on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset keeps losing audio on Windows 11: I recently got a new Logitech Zone Vibe 125, which comes with an USB bluetooth adapter. I use it mostly for work, I make/receive phone calls or meeting through Zoom, and sometimes I listen to music during my free time.The audio will sometimes just disconnect out of nowhere, I...
  4. Is there a problem with Windows 11 and audio jack for headset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a problem with Windows 11 and audio jack for headset?: After updating to Windows 11 I find that in order to use my headset or external speakers I have to restart my computer with either device plugged in. If I unplug either device and then replug them, I have to start all over again with a restart of my computer. I have updated...
  5. Is there a problem with Windows 11 and audio jack for headset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a problem with Windows 11 and audio jack for headset?: After updating to Windows 11 I find that in order to use my headset or external speakers I have to restart my computer with either device plugged in. If I unplug either device and then replug them, I have to start all over again with a restart of my computer. I have updated...
  6. Losing access to headphone jack after disconnect...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Losing access to headphone jack after disconnect...: Here’s a head scratcher for y’all! LONG issue short; I have a pair of speakers hooked up to my Dell \ W10 laptop headphone jack. Now I don’t recall this being an issue before but; every time I unplug them and plug them back in, I no longer have access to the speakers. The...
  7. Windows 10 Audio Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Audio Jack: Can anyone help me with my audio issues. I just updated windows and now my pc is registering my front mic jack as my back audio jack, which is where my stereo speakers are plugged in (and no its not plugged into the mic jack in the rear). Like my two headphone jacks are in...
  8. Headset not being recognized through audio jack?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not being recognized through audio jack?: I have been very confused about what is going on, so here is all that has been happening. -If I unplug my headset and try to plug it back in through the audio jack, it cannot be recognized by my laptop. When checking audio devices, it says the device being used is my...
  9. Usb and 3.5mm jack audio problem

Usb and 3.5mm jack audio problem: When i connect my usb headset with microphone, the built-in 3.5mm audio on motherboard and all the 3.5mm devices are not working until i remove the usb. What should i do to have both types working same time? 119043
  10. Audio Popping USB headset

Audio Popping USB headset: Ever since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I've been experiencing brief audio popping/cracking noise. Sometimes I could go an hour and not hear anything, other times I hear a pop every 30 seconds. There has to be sound playing for the popping to occur. Its brief, but...