Windows 10: Windows 10 loses audio when using AirPod Pros

Discus and support Windows 10 loses audio when using AirPod Pros in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently paired a set of airpod pros to my Windows 10 system Thinkpad X1 Carbon. I use it for Webex and Teams calls. Initially everything works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KWilshe, Oct 21, 2020.

1. KWilshe Win User

Windows 10 loses audio when using AirPod Pros

I recently paired a set of airpod pros to my Windows 10 system Thinkpad X1 Carbon. I use it for Webex and Teams calls. Initially everything works well. After I hang up from a Webex or Teams session, my Windows system no longer has any audio signal. I have to reboot to get audio working again.

I just installed all the Thinkpad system updates to make sure their drivers are up to date.

Any ideas?

:)

KWilshe, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Mathewsj1 Win User

Airpods pro audio cutting out on windows 10.

I have been using my airpods pro on my laptop for almost a month now but recently the audio cuts off and sometimes comes back on when apps are switched . I have tried resetting and reconnecting the airpods, updating the drivers. There are no issues with
    connections or the airpods because they work fine with my iPhone. Any fixes?

Mathewsj1, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Airpods Pro super loud on Windows 10

Recently, my AirPods Pro began playing at max volume when connected to Windows 10. I can move the Windows volume slider up and down and the volume does not change. The AirPods Pro were working just fine for several weeks, not I can not use them on Windows

I found this post and followed its advice, but it did not fix the issue. I have removed the AirPods Pro device from the computer, rebooted the computer, and re-paired the AirPods Pro. No change. The AirPods Pro work fine on my iPhone.

EDIT: It appears that the issue is with the "Headset" device. If I switch the volume profile to "Headphones" the volume plays normally and can be adjusted by the slider. See reply from "lacrumb" below. However, this is not a permanent solution for me as
    I frequently take calls and need the "Headset" to work for that.

Any suggestions?

bbains_582, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Someone_2 Win User

Use AirPods Pro mic and audio at the same time on windows 10

Has anyone found a working way to use the airpods pros mic and audio at the same time?

Someone_2, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 loses audio when using AirPod Pros - Similar Threads - loses audio using

2. Airpod Pros won't stay connected to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpod Pros won't stay connected to Windows 10 PC: I've been trying to connect my airpod pros via Bluetooth. I get them to connect for audio and voice, they'll play a terrible quality sound for a few seconds and then disconnect completely in another few seconds. I have been troubleshooting this for many hours now with no...
  3. Airpod Pros won't stay connected to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airpod Pros won't stay connected to Windows 10 PC: I've been trying to connect my airpod pros via Bluetooth. I get them to connect for audio and voice, they'll play a terrible quality sound for a few seconds and then disconnect completely in another few seconds. I have been troubleshooting this for many hours now with no...
  4. Airpod Pros won't stay connected to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. AirPod Pros will connect for Playback but not recording on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AirPod Pros will connect for Playback but not recording on Windows 10: I am having an issue with my AirPods & the recording/microphone with my new Dell Precision 3570 laptop. I did not have this problem with my prior Dell Precision 3540 laptop though. I have disconnected & reconnected the AiPods multiple ties & restarted multiple times. I have...
  6. AirPod Pros will connect for Playback but not recording on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AirPod Pros will connect for Playback but not recording on Windows 10: I am having an issue with my AirPods & the recording/microphone with my new Dell Precision 3570 laptop. I did not have this problem with my prior Dell Precision 3540 laptop though. I have disconnected & reconnected the AiPods multiple ties & restarted multiple times. I have...
  7. AirPod Pros will connect for Playback but not recording on Windows 10

8. Airpod Pros & Windows 10 (And discord)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Airpod Pros & Windows 10 (And discord): Bought airpod pros in the hopes I could use them as wireless "headphones" for general pc use. I play games and talk to friends on discord. So I can connect the bluetooth "[DjValleyCat's Airpod Pros]" and the stereo audio will work as long as discord is not open. I can do...
  9. Airpods keep losing audio.

Airpods keep losing audio.: I have had this problem for weeks now. My airpods don't necessarily disconnect from the device but lose audio. It only works again after i disconnect and connect again, but it goes back to no audio in about 10 minutes, sometimes even in 5. I have an Asus VivoBook X509JA.30....
  10. AirPod Pros Keep Cutting In and Out

AirPod Pros Keep Cutting In and Out: I have a pair of AirPod Pros that I've had for a couple of weeks. Every time I connect them, the audio is fine but then a few seconds later the audio keeps cutting in and out. I have tried everything from disconnecting to reconnecting them, updating my Bluetooth driver, and...