Windows 10: Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain

Discus and support Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm having an issue joining a new windows 10 workstation to a windows server 2012 dominant domain. All the IP's are static, an entry is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DukeBeck, May 15, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

1. DukeBeck Win User

Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain

Hello all,

I'm having an issue joining a new windows 10 workstation to a windows server 2012 dominant domain.

All the IP's are static, an entry is manually entered in our DNS, a computer account is in AD.

I've successfully joined it, but presumed that GPO's broke it due to ping errors resulting in "General Failure." to anything but the localhost.

Removing it from the domain and deleting the policies in regedit seemed to have fixed it, but rejoining it under an OU without GPO's linked or inherited breaks it again.

As soon as it joins, there is no connectivity and results in the previous error, "General Failure."

I've noticed that when we 'successfully(?)' join it to the domain, we get the following error:

Changing the Primary Domain DNS name of this computer to "" failed. The name will remain "<DNS domain>.<top level domain>".

I'm unsure of what's going on. We've tried multiple troubleshooting methods from various websites and forums, all without success.

Anything helps!

:)

2. Brink Win User

Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

@rseiler,

I just finished clean installing Windows 10 Enterprise build 17093 in a VM using a local account, and it still has the same steps in the tutorial for me.

Is your PC already joined to a domain?

Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain [​IMG]

3. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2019 at 12:53 PM
  4. Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain

How to reserve Windows 10 for a non-domain joined PC (but perhaps fomerly domain joined)

My reservation icon for Windows 10 has not appeared. After ensuring i have all outstanding Windows updates, and run the script that runs scheduled tasks, the icon still doesn't appear.

Then there was the hint from
    KB3081048
    :

> The "Get Windows 10" app doesn’t appear in Windows 7 or 8.1

>

> If your device is has been connected to a domain it may be blocked from the upgrade reservation.

It is entirely possible that for 2 or 3 minutes two or three years ago, my machine
    was joined to a domain.

• What registry key is the upgrade advisor mistakenly using to determine if a machine is joined to a domain?
    • How do i check if a machine was previously joined to a domain?
    • How do i unjoin a non-domain joined machine from a domain?
    • How do reserve a copy of Windows 10 for a non-domain joined PC?
    Bonus Chatter: It's a Surface Pro 3

I tried using the
    Media Creation Tool
    , but it fails with a non-descript error:

Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain 549f72f5-5525-4ed5-a711-ffddd0f6a157.png

How do i upgrade to Windows 10 now that it is released?

Thema:

Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain

1. Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain - Similar Threads - loses connectivity joining

2. Domain Join Issue Windows 10 1709.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain Join Issue Windows 10 1709.: Hi After completion of 1709 wipe & Load Task sequnece, its found that machine is not joining to domain , But it continues till end When checked SMQ following message has been seen. The issue happens only in particular location and same TS works fine in other sites...
  3. Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem after joining domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (1809) Remote Desktop problem after joining domain: Hi, I am current using Group Policy Management 6.0.0.1 (Server 2012) which controlling Windows 7 computers. When I change pilot PC to Windows 10 (1809) with using same GPO, the Windows 10 PC can remote others (such as Windows 7 PC, Windows Servers, etc), but it failed from...
  4. "Join a domain" option missing?

"Join a domain" option missing?: We are moving from a Win7 fleet to Win10 (pro). We have encountered an issue where we are unable to connect to our domain with the new PCs. From what I understand, under Settings>system>about there should be a "join a domain" option. This option does not exist for us, and...
  5. Domain Joining error

Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...
  6. Windows 10 1803 updates fail after joining domain

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 updates fail after joining domain: This is an interesting issue that has just started occurring. Windows updates on a clean install of Windows 10 Education 1803 work perfectly. However, I receive the 0x8000ffff error after I join the machine to a local Active Directory domain. The domain controller is Server...
  7. User profile is not loading after joining to domain in Windows 10 1803.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile is not loading after joining to domain in Windows 10 1803.: I have installed windows10 1803 and it was working fine, however once I joined it to domain the domain use was not able to load. This issue is happening in both ways (installing a fresh os or through upgrade)....
  8. Unable to join client to Domain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to join client to Domain: Hi Im setting up a brand new network and keep getting this error when trying to join computers to the network Please Help??!!! Been at this for 2 weeks still no head way te: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's...
  9. Long boot up time after joining domain

Long boot up time after joining domain: I've been running Windows 10 x64 Pro (Threshold 2 compilation). I used to run it independently from the domain for a couple of weeks and it was fast as a hurricane However my company finally decided to put us all into a domain. I have no technical details, but my best...
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain: Nice one Shawn, covering all options *Smile 90045