Windows 10: Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain

Discus and support Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm having an issue joining a new windows 10 workstation to a windows server 2012 dominant domain. All the IP's are static, an entry is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DukeBeck, May 15, 2019.

1. DukeBeck Win User

Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain

Hello all,

I'm having an issue joining a new windows 10 workstation to a windows server 2012 dominant domain.

All the IP's are static, an entry is manually entered in our DNS, a computer account is in AD.

I've successfully joined it, but presumed that GPO's broke it due to ping errors resulting in "General Failure." to anything but the localhost.

Removing it from the domain and deleting the policies in regedit seemed to have fixed it, but rejoining it under an OU without GPO's linked or inherited breaks it again.

As soon as it joins, there is no connectivity and results in the previous error, "General Failure."

I've noticed that when we 'successfully(?)' join it to the domain, we get the following error:

Changing the Primary Domain DNS name of this computer to "" failed. The name will remain "<DNS domain>.<top level domain>".

I'm unsure of what's going on. We've tried multiple troubleshooting methods from various websites and forums, all without success.

Anything helps!

:)

DukeBeck, May 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

@rseiler,

I just finished clean installing Windows 10 Enterprise build 17093 in a VM using a local account, and it still has the same steps in the tutorial for me.

Is your PC already joined to a domain?

Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain [​IMG]

Brink, May 15, 2019
  3. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain

How to reserve Windows 10 for a non-domain joined PC (but perhaps fomerly domain joined)

My reservation icon for Windows 10 has not appeared. After ensuring i have all outstanding Windows updates, and run the script that runs scheduled tasks, the icon still doesn't appear.

Then there was the hint from
    KB3081048
    :

> The "Get Windows 10" app doesn’t appear in Windows 7 or 8.1

>

> If your device is has been connected to a domain it may be blocked from the upgrade reservation.

It is entirely possible that for 2 or 3 minutes two or three years ago, my machine
    was joined to a domain.

• What registry key is the upgrade advisor mistakenly using to determine if a machine is joined to a domain?
    • How do i check if a machine was previously joined to a domain?
    • How do i unjoin a non-domain joined machine from a domain?
    • How do reserve a copy of Windows 10 for a non-domain joined PC?
    Bonus Chatter: It's a Surface Pro 3

I tried using the
    Media Creation Tool
    , but it fails with a non-descript error:

Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain 549f72f5-5525-4ed5-a711-ffddd0f6a157.png

How do i upgrade to Windows 10 now that it is released?

JackTripper, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain

1. Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain - Similar Threads - loses connectivity joining

2. Audio is not working after joining the domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is not working after joining the domain: Hello Everyone,I'm following CIS MSServer 2022 Benchmark and applied some policy but not all.After completed all benchmark, then tried to join a clientPC to a domain, after joining the domain the policy take effect, and one of my problem is my audio is not working.Try to set...
  3. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  4. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  5. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain: my windows 10 has been hacked and I had to reset it. After resetting, it now wont activate. I looked up the code and it says it has been joined to a domain. I thought this before that it all of the sudden was on work or school group and I knew that I had not set it up like...
  7. windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain: my windows 10 has been hacked and I had to reset it. After resetting, it now wont activate. I looked up the code and it says it has been joined to a domain. I thought this before that it all of the sudden was on work or school group and I knew that I had not set it up like...
  8. windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain: How to: Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain How to Join a Windows 10 PC to a Local Active Directory Domain A network based on a Domain provides centralized administration of the entire network from a single computer which is called a server. A Domain provides single user...