Windows 10: Windows 10 loses customisations after reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 loses customisations after reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi fellow Win 10 users My wife and I both have exactly the same computer - HP Touchsmart 620 - upgraded from Win 7. Our preferences include hiding the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MacroMini, Sep 22, 2015.

1. MacroMini Win User

Windows 10 loses customisations after reboot

Hi fellow Win 10 users
    My wife and I both have exactly the same computer - HP Touchsmart 620 - upgraded from Win 7. Our preferences include hiding the Language/Keyboard icon by customising the Taskbar & Start Menu options, and also turning off the touch screen function which now in Win 10 we can only do by disabling HID Compliant Touch Screen through device manager. Here's the thing, my customisations stay, but my wife's default back to showing the language bar and activating the touch screen after every reboot, even though the HID Compliant Touch Screen is still disabled in Device Manager. Would anybody like to comment/suggest anything to overcome this issue?
    Cheers

:)

MacroMini, Sep 22, 2015
  2. Slamba Win User

Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 and Logitech Performance Mouse MX loses custom button settings after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

I followed the clean boot procedure but it hasn't helped. Windows 10 loses the hook or connection to the customised buttons upon reboot. The Microsoft mouse is completely unresponsive to the customised buttons though all other standard mouse functions seem
    to work fine.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know. It is becoming tedious having to uninstall and reinstall the logitech software upon every time I reboot.

Cheers,

Spiros.

Slamba, Sep 22, 2015
  3. simonc8 Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer doesn't remember customised settings

After further testing this seems to be slightly more subtle. I am losing all the customisation whenever Windows 10 applies updates (which is pretty often at the moment). Between updates the customisation is retained.

Does that help with any resolution?

Is Microsoft so infatuated with its own choice of preferences that it can't bear the thought of anyone trying to change them?

simonc8, Sep 22, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, a wild guess- you could try resetting permissions in the registry.

Often this sort of thing may be also 'resolved' by creating a new user profile. However, that can be a lot of work. What you could do is create a new profile on your wife's PC just to see if the symptoms are still present. You can always remove it afterwards.

dalchina, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 loses customisations after reboot - Similar Threads - loses customisations reboot

2. Windows 10 PC Loses it's IPv6 Address after Reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 PC Loses it's IPv6 Address after Reboot: My Windows 10 PC loses it's IPv6 Address after I turn off my PC or I reboot it. The only way to get it back is with the command: "netsh winsock reset" and a reboot afterwards.This has persisted through multiple Windows Updates. Other Devices on the same network have an IPv6...
  3. Windows 10 reboot loses all programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 reboot loses all programs: This is a fairly long explanation of my issue. But I thought the more someone knew about this behavior may help determine the solution. Thanks for taking a look.My laptop running Windows 10 Home was in ‘sleep’ mode. I often do not shut down the laptop between uses....
  4. Losing shares after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing shares after reboot: I've looked and haven't found the exact problem, but I'm sure there are others. I just got a new laptop, I have a lot of information on the old laptop, I didn't want to move to the new one, but still need access to. So I spent the time to go through all my files and rearrange...
  5. USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot.: Apologies if I'm putting this int he wrong place - this is my first post here, be gentle with me. I've set up a new Dell Optiplex 5070 tower with Windows 10 and it's all patched up to current levels as of 30th Jan. I'm not currently in front of the box, hence no Windows...
  6. USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB speakers lose sound after Sleep - OK after reboot.: Apologies if I'm putting this int he wrong place - this is my first post here, be gentle with me. I've set up a new Dell Optiplex 5070 tower with Windows 10 and it's all patched up to current levels as of 30th Jan. I'm not currently in front of the box, hence no Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Customisation

Windows 10 Customisation: Hi Guys, I was wondering if you can provide me with the GUIDs for the following Control Panel applets (Category view): [ATTACH] Looking forward to your advice / assistance. Regards, Andrew...
  8. Customisation

Customisation: I have been following these customisation threads for a few days now. This is what I've managed so far. [img] Only one thing bothering me now tho, I am using TranslucentTB for the see through taskbar but now any app shortcut I pin to it will not work. The default Windows...
  9. reboot loses printer!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reboot loses printer!: Every time I reboot my computer, I'm unable to print from any program (Word, Publisher, etc.). I CAN (finally) print a test page but nothing comes up when doing a File>Print command. I've removed and reloaded the driver. I (finally) see that the printer is default (it was...
  10. Windows 10 Tiles Not Customisable

Windows 10 Tiles Not Customisable: Hey folks, I used to be able to customise windows 10 tiles, however, now the tiles are not customisable. I cannot drag/move the tiles around, resize, uninstall, etc. Here is a screenshot for better understanding of the problem. For this instance, when you right click...