Windows 10: Windows 10 loses local usb printers

Discus and support Windows 10 loses local usb printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 10 in August, I have 4 users who lose their local usb connected printers about 10 times per day. The only way to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BracesLLC, Sep 17, 2018.

1. BracesLLC Win User

Windows 10 loses local usb printers

Since upgrading to Windows 10 in August, I have 4 users who lose their local usb connected printers about 10 times per day. The only way to get the printers back is to restart the computer. They are not able to print from any software (Word, Wordpad, excel, etc.) when they are lost. If I look at printers on these machines when it happens the only printers showing is Microsoft Virtual and Nova -not the printer that is directly connected to their computer. I have reinstalled the printers, I have checked to make sure that spooling services are set to automatic and I have looked at the printer setting to make sure it is not set to sleep. This is extremely frustrating for a business who prints all days. All printers are the same model and did not have the problem prior to Windows 10 install. Please help! Thank you.

:)

BracesLLC, Sep 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Firebeast Win User
    Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Windows 10 loses local usb printers

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 loses local usb printers

1. Windows 10 loses local usb printers - Similar Threads - loses local usb

2. My Local USB connected printers removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Local USB connected printers removed: Hello, Since about two weeks it appears that my local USB Connected printers disappear from the Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Control-panel Devices and printers. They are no longer available. If I restart my PC, one of the printers is back and available. The other printer which is...
  3. My Local USB connected printers removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Local USB connected printers removed: Hello, Since about two weeks it appears that my local USB Connected printers disappear from the Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Control-panel Devices and printers. They are no longer available. If I restart my PC, one of the printers is back and available. The other printer which is...
  4. My Local USB connected printers removed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 continuously losing local logon and profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 continuously losing local logon and profile: Windows 10 is continuously losing my local logon and profile information.This started when my disk crashed and had to install W10 fresh a month ago.Unable to logon after updates.Each time have to use the reset questions to continue, change password and then can get in.Losing...
  6. Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Losing unc in printer local port since KB556846 on server 2012?: Anyone having same issue? Printer is loosing its localport is a unc was assigned. This append when spooler service is restarted. Affected Localspl.dll is April 29th version is 6.3.9600.19701 If we replace to Feb. 9th version 6.3.9600.19293 everything is back to...
  7. losing data on usb

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    losing data on usb: Questions Hello I am experiencing intermittent loss of word files on my USB I presume it is virus related. What symptoms do my computers have? They are a succession of laptops they were loaded with XP but had probs so I installed windows 7… I bought the copy...
  8. reboot loses printer!

reboot loses printer!: Every time I reboot my computer, I'm unable to print from any program (Word, Publisher, etc.). I CAN (finally) print a test page but nothing comes up when doing a File>Print command. I've removed and reloaded the driver. I (finally) see that the printer is default (it was...
  9. printer loses internet

printer loses internet: My Epson xp-820 intermittently loses internet. If I turn off/on printer then I have internet. I've updated printer driver. Problem still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-loses-internet/064f0439-2c61-42fe-b161-bfd58062be13
  10. Losing default printer

Losing default printer: This is a new behavior over the past few days - the default printer becomes unchecked, leaving me unable to print. Happens with or without a reboot. This would be relatively easy to fix each time, except that the Devices & Printers page takes 30-60 seconds to open. Any ideas?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 loses printer

2. windows 10 lost printers

3. windows 10 loses printer