Windows 10: Windows 10 lost partition

Discus and support Windows 10 lost partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 home I have a ssd drive as my C drive called boot. A secondary drive is a standard SATA drive and this was set up with 2 partitions D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkWingfield_815, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 lost partition

Windows 10 home

I have a ssd drive as my C drive called boot.

A secondary drive is a standard SATA drive and this was set up with 2 partitions D and H. I made a decision that I would delete one partition H drive - no data on this and expand the main drive to use the unallocated space.

Unfortunately, the resize returned the "there is not enough space on the drives...." message.

Even just attempting to redefine the unallocated space as a partition drive again is resulting in the same message.

I have also attempted to use EaseUS Partition Master to sort this out but with no success.

Any ideas?

Windows 10 lost partition c2e5fad5-1f58-4fa2-9fea-4cd3ac4b4e94?upload=true.png

:)

MarkWingfield_815, Dec 9, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 9, 2020
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Windows 10 lost partition :)

RyoTakagi, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 lost partition

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 lost partition

1. Windows 10 lost partition - Similar Threads - lost partition

2. I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...: After a recent Windows update, it seems like I've lost access to a partition on my external hard drive. This partition stored important files like work documents and personal photos. I'm worried about recovering it and accessing my data again. My computer runs on Windows....
  3. I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...: After a recent Windows update, it seems like I've lost access to a partition on my external hard drive. This partition stored important files like work documents and personal photos. I'm worried about recovering it and accessing my data again. My computer runs on Windows....
  4. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...: I have been unable to run windows updates since December 2023/January 2024 now continously getting "Install error - 0x80070643". I have tried running update troubleshooter running the DSIM and SFC commands but that did not help. I also followed directions on resizing the...
  5. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...: I have been unable to run windows updates since December 2023/January 2024 now continously getting "Install error - 0x80070643". I have tried running update troubleshooter running the DSIM and SFC commands but that did not help. I also followed directions on resizing the...
  6. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. drive partitions is lost

drive partitions is lost: Hi there,Before, i'm having problem with windows update error 0x80070643. and followed the instruction that available in the communityhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-0x80070643-in-windows-10-when/c55ecc7a-6d54-47b4-a86a-a4a55f2636e0...
  8. Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data: I've been frustrated with the broken windows update, so I decided to try following the guide "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update".I followed the instructions and it turned my back up SSD and all my files into some recovery...
  9. Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data

Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data: I've been frustrated with the broken windows update, so I decided to try following the guide "KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update".I followed the instructions and it turned my back up SSD and all my files into some recovery...
  10. Broken Updater so I Followed WinRE Partition Resize, Now I Lost My Data